Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
This dissertation titled: A postmodernist Representation in Ben Okri’s The Famished Road and Flowers and Shadows is premised on the argument that irrespective of their individual themes, novels are significant mechanisms of presentation or representation of thoughts and ideas through semblances circumscribed by narration or telling, all of which are contingent upon various representative modes. In the present context, postmodernist representation of necessity has been defined as an artistic as well as an aesthetic form to represent a social reality. When these attempts follow literary prescriptions, they are described as the literary representation of a given entity such as a nation, which is ultimately, the intersection between ideology and form in the text bringing out the salient issues – themes - into which the writing subject constantly disappears. This dissertation therefore demonstrates the relevance and applicability of postmodernist representation to the study of Ben Okris‘s The Famished Road and Flowers and Shadows. Okri appropriates materials and events using the protocols of narratology by refining and variegating the materials which appear aesthetically in their current literary form as novels. The findings reveal that; Postmodernist representation is of literary value on or about a topic, That the novel form is the best suited artistic form for the explication of postmodernist representation of the themes in the novels under study and finally, that Okri‘s The Famished Road and Flowers and Shadows are axiomatic of the centrality of Nigerian literature on postmodernist representation.
1.1 Background to the Study
This study is foregrounded using the theory of Postmodernism and literary
representation as an alternative dimension to the regular critical methodologies of literary
analysis and uses Ben Okris‘s The Famished Road and Flowers and Shadows as primary texts
for substantiation and exemplification. Essentially, the history of the novel in Nigeria, from
the earliest times to the present, has been an admixture of expository discourses on the social
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. LANGUAGE BEHAVIOUR AND ITS EFFECTS IN A MULTILINGUAL SETTING: A SOCIOLINGUISTIC DESCRIPTION OF OGORI/MAGONGO PEOPLE OF KOGI STATE» ABSTRACT Multilingualism has been defined as the ability of an individual to speak two or more languages in any communicative event. Therefore, intra ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT African literary elites have responded to the call by Africans to free the continent from all forms of colonial and slave mentality. While ot...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study seeks to examine the spoken language used during NTA Kaduna Newsroom Editorial Board Meetings with the aim of describing the natur...Continue Reading »
4. LINGUISTIC STUDY OF SELECTED NIGERIAN CHILDREN’S POETRY IN OSSIE ENEKWE’S GENTLE BIRDS COME TO ME AND IKEOGU OKE’S SONG OF SUCCESS AND OTHER POE...» ABSTRACT Poetic language is the language in which the words are artfully selected and combined in their best order in order to convey thoughts meaning...Continue Reading »
5. CHARACTER FORMATION IN CHIMAMANDA NGOZI ADICHIE’S PURPLE HIBISCUS AND KAINE AGARY’S YELLOW-YELLOW» ABSTRACT This work analyses two novels by contemporary Nigerian female writers – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s Purple Hib...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In this study we attempted to assess the differences that exist across the Predicative systems of English and Fulfulde. We also tried to esta...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In 1835, Auguste Conte, in his treatise on The Positive Philosophy, stated that “the essence of God’s wisdom in creating Eve (woman) was ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This appraisal is on Udje dance songs of the Urhobo people. The study looks at the aesthetic qualities that abound in the Udje songs of the U...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The aim of this study is to examine how National Diploma (ND) II students of Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja use concord. The Study adopts the...Continue Reading »
10. NEO-COLONIALISM IN SELECTED POEMS OF JOE USHIE’S A REIGN OF LOCUSTS AND EYOH ETIM’S SONG OF OUR TIME» Abstract This research examines the Concept of Neo Colonialism in Joe Ushie’s A Reign of Locusts and Eyoh Etim’s Songs of Our Time. The poets focu...Continue Reading »