Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The wideband code division multiple access (WCDMA) based 3G cellular mobile wireless networks is expected to provide diverse range of multimedia services to mobile users with guaranteed quality of service (QoS). In order to provide the diverse quality of service required by the users of these networks, an effective radio resource management (RRM) is necessary. Radio resource management is responsible for the efficient and optimal utilization of network resources while providing QoS guarantees to various applications. Call admission control is a form of radio resource allocation scheme used for QoS provisioning in a network, which restricts access to the network based on resource availability, in order to prevent network congestion and consequent service degradation. This research focuses on how to maintain service continuity with quality of service guarantees and provide service differentiation to mobile user’s traffic profile by efficiently utilizing system resources. The services are divided into four traffic classes’ handoff real-time, handoff non-real time, new call real-time and new call non-real-time respectively, giving higher priority to handoff traffic classes. It uses an algorithm referred to as dynamic prioritized uplink call admission control (DP-CAC), an efficient tool that provides better performance for WCDMA based 3G network. Beyond system utilization, revenue and grade of service as the key performance indicators, this research work also considers the queuing delay and the call blocking/dropping probability of each traffic class. From the simulation results and analysis it is discovered that the new call non-real-time traffic class experiences greater queuing delay of 1.42E-11 at increasing traffic intensity compared to other traffic classes in the system. It is also discovered that at peak traffic intensity of 3.60E+03 handoff RT has a probability of 1.59E-02, handoff NRT a probability of 1.69E-02, new call RT a probability of 2.00E-02 and new call NRT a probability of 2.10E-02 showing that call blocking/dropping probability of handoff and new calls at high traffic condition is minimized. This is achieved because the model dynamically switches handoff traffic to its reserved channel, and allows new calls to go through the general server thereby providing service continuity to handoff traffic and fairness to new call traffic classes respectively.
1.0 Background of Study
For some years now, cellular telephony systems have been experiencing a level of unprecedented growth in the world of telecommunications. When the first cellular technologies were brought into service, at the beginning of the 1980s, there was a rather slow take-off in the number of subscribers, hardly presaging the subsequent spectacular growth [1, 2]. The slow take-off of subscribers was however a result of incompatibility between the systems, and major differences in the use of the radio segment [2, 3]. Unfortunately, travelers who go to countries where the technology offered by their operator is not represented find themselves suddenly deprived of their communication tool because the subscriber management is not at all the same on the different systems [1, 2, 4, 5]. It was therefore imperative to have a unified standard which will address these issues and this led to the evolution of the first generation analogue system and then to fourth generation system referred to as the long term evolution system (LTE). The different evolutions of the cellular network have their respective frequency of operation, modulation scheme, protocol of operation, access mode technology, and physical architecture, but one common feature is the signaling standard.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF AN ELECTRONICS DEVICE THAT CAN BE USED IN MEASURING THE TEMPERATURE AND HUMIDITY OF AN ENVIRONMENTCTION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Temperature is a numerical measure of hotness and coldness in a body that is in its own state of inte...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Electricity is one of the most important blessings that science has given to mankind. It has also become a part of modern...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A robot is a mechanical or virtual intelligent agent that can perform tasks automatically or with...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF REPORT Motion detector is a two jointed word which are simply motion and detector, all these pairs of words...Continue Reading »
5. SOLAR POWER GENERATION FOR INDIVIDUAL IN RURAL AREA CAN SOLVE THE PROBLEMS OF POWER IN THIS COUNTRY (NIGERIA).» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Energy is a basic need for the development of socio economic and enhancement of people’s living...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of study A power inverter, or inverter, is an electronic device or circuitry that changes direct current (DC) ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project aims at to introduce new idea on energy management and control, minimization of power loss and theft due to illegal activities. ...Continue Reading »
8. INSTALLATION OF SOLAR/ INVENTER AND DEEP CYCLE RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES FOR POWERING THIRTY DUSTY COMPUTER AND A PROJECTOR» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In the nineteenth century through the middle of the twentieths century DC to AC power convert...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND The world’s economies have over the last few decades, undergone dramatic transformation as nations striv...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A MICROCONTROLLER-BASED VERSATILE Y- AND CROSS-JUNCTION TRAFFIC LIGHT CONTROL SYSTEM/TRAINER» ABSTRACT A microcontroller based Versatile Traffic Light Control System/Trainer has been designed and implemented in the course of this project. The s...Continue Reading »