Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 333 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦40,000
1.1 Background to the Study
The history of the Nigerian Telecommunication Industry can be divided into three phases (Okere, 2012). The first (sluggish) phase began from 1985, when Nigerian Telecommunications Limited (NITEL) was established till the time when the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) was established in 1992. The second (fast) period spanned through 1992 to 2000. This period witnessed deregulation agenda that led to the launch of the National Policy on Telecommunications. The third (supersonic) phase commenced in 2001 and continued to the present day. Mobile cellular services started on the Nigerian market in 1993 with the introduction of Mobile Telecommunications Services (MTS). The MTS was a joint-venture between NITEL and Digital Telecommunications of Atlanta. The two companies offered voice services, voicemail, and paging, from three switches (in Abuja, Enugu, and Lagos), with a joint subscriber base of 12,500.
The auction for Digital Mobile Licenses (DML) conducted by NCC in January 2001 brought about the emergence of three mobile operators. These companies are Econet Wireless now Airtel, Mobile Telecommunications Network (MTN) and MTel (a subsidiary of NITEL) while a fourth DML was issued to Globacom in 2002 (Baez et al., 2010). In order to foster market competition a fifth Mobile License with GSM spectrum was awarded to Etisalat, in 2012. Through the award of DML and subsequent introduction of unified access service licenses in February 2006 (which replaced all existing licenses), NCC facilitated a phenomenal expansion of subscriber from about half a million connected lines in 2000 to over one hundred and thirty-four million connected lines as in September 2014 as shown in 1
Figure 1.1 (NCC, 2014). In addition, several licensed operators (including Airtel, Etisalat, Globacom, and MTN) have launched third-generation (3G) services in Nigeria. Figure 1.2 shows the market shares of Global System for Mobile communications (GSM) network operators in Nigeria as in September 2014 (NCC, 2014).
Subscribers (in millions)
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING THE USE OF ELECTRONIC MEDIA IN TEACHING ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS SUBJECTS IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES.» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of contents vi List of figure/tables viii Abstrac...Continue Reading »
2. SOLAR POWER GENERATION FOR INDIVIDUAL IN RURAL AREA CAN SOLVE THE PROBLEMS OF POWER IN THIS COUNTRY (NIGERIA).» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Energy is a basic need for the development of socio economic and enhancement of people’s living...Continue Reading »
3. PC-BASED MULTIPOINT TEMPERATURE MONITORING AND CONTROL SYSTEM USING CUTIX PLC, NNEWI AS CASE STUDY» ABSTRACT A temperature monitoring system which can be used to monitor the temperature of industrial processes has been designed and implemented in the...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Photovoltaic is a phenomenon whereby light is converted directly into electricity. In the 1860s, ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project review the conformability of uninterrupted power supply through the use of inverter. An inverter is a system that converts a dir...Continue Reading »
6. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A WIRELESS MENU SELECTION SYSTEM FOR ELECTRONIC-QUEUE BASED SERVICE DELIVERY» ABSTRACT In most organizations, queues for services have become a generic problem. This thesis presents a prototyped wireless menu selection system fo...Continue Reading »
7. DESIGN OF AN EQUIPMENT THAT CAN FACILITATE A CONVENIENT AND EASY WAY OF CONTROLLING OUR DOMESTIC APPLIANCES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 OBJECTIVE OF PROJECT The need for a remote control alert system that can control domestic appliances and various lighting...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION TO LASER BASED INTRUDER ALARM SYSTEM. 1.0INTRODUCTION A laser based intruder alarm system as in this project work is a security...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The purpose of this project is to produce a narrative description of the design and construction of an electronic display...Continue Reading »
10. THE POLITICAL CORRUPTION AND PSYCHOSOCIAL DISORDER, USING TANURE OJAIDE’S THE ACTIVIST AND OKEY NDIBE’S ARROW OF RAIN» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Nigeria’s political problems sprang from the carefree manner in which the British took over, administered, and aban...Continue Reading »