Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 30 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Light is crucial in every day activity for the continuity of normal plant life to the benefit of human beings, birds, and insects. Nothing seems to be able to exist without the availability of light.
Even the human eye requires some amount of light to function well (Blutit, 2010). Light from the sun is natural and it is sunlight. This can serve as a source of solar power which is converted to electric power for both household and industrial utilization.
Solar power is the generation of electricity from sunlight. Solar security lights are beneficial, in the sense that, the day to day running and maintenances cost is reduced. Security lights also make use of power generated by the utility company (i.e Power Holding Company Of Nigeria PHCN). It is interesting that lead acid battery and photovoltaic cells of solar modules can be used as the power source for the security lighting system as well. And with the use of a light dependent resistor (LDR), automatic control can be induced in the equipment. Solar powered security lights have been available for quite a time now; having originally been designed for use in less developed or isolated areas.
The most recent developments with regards to the technology, behind solar security lighting have been in connection with LEDs, firstly, these consumes less power than the other type of conventional sodium lamp.
In addition, they have a much longer working life, better color definition and require smaller solar components than sodium lamps. It can be appreciated, therefore, that in order for solar security light technology to be efficient and cost effective meticulous assessment has to be carried out, paying the outmost regards to information concerning solar radiation, the amount of sunshine present and general climatic conditions in the relevant areas.
This project is about the generation of sustainable electric power in order to power a security light, with the aid of solar system. This is easy to country particularly in the tropical zone where sunshine is abundant.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The existing solar street light was designed to provide 12hrs of lighting at night between 6pm and 6am, and switch off during the day, but it was in-efficient in operation as it switch-on at 6:30pm and switch-off at 12 mid night.
1.2.1 AIM AND OBJECTIVES
The project is aimed at ensuring that the existing solar street light is working efficiently according to design specifications.
1.2.1 The main objective of this project is to provide alternative power to the area that would be thrown into darkness when power fails as is frequently the case nowadays.
1.2.2 To minimize or completely eliminate the threat to insecurity by hoodlums who operate under the darkness.
1.3 SCOPE OF WORK/LIMITATION
The research will monitor and evaluate the performance of an existing solar street light and effect maintenances by replacing missing or damaged parts and ensure that the system works efficiently according to design specifications to be able to work throughout the night between 6pm and 6am nightly.
1.4 RESEARCH SIGNIFICANCE
The research will encourage the adoption of efficient and reliable, renewable energy for street lighting at night thereby promoting safer, neater and clearer environment.
1.5 CONTRIBUTION TO KNOWLEDGE
This research enhances practical and theoretical knowledge of the design, installation and operational principles of solar street light as a visible sustainable energy source.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF POWER OPERATED BANANA SLICER FOR SMALL SCALE FOOD PROCESSING INDUSTRIES» ABSTRACT A power rotary banana slicer suitable for small scale processing was designed and developed based on engineering properties of banana varieti...Continue Reading »
2. MODELLING AND OPTIMIZATION OF A HYBRID ENERGY SYSTEM FOR GSM BASE TRANSCEIVER STATION SITES IN EMERGING CITIES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The history of the Nigerian Telecommunication Industry can be divided into three phases (Okere, 2...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Creation of secured access path to offices, homes, hotels, industries etc. has been a successful discovery of man. As a r...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1:0:0 INTRODUCTION A 220/12volts single phase step down transformer connected to a constructed rectifier is one whose input is 220 volts a...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The advantage of cellular communication like GSM technology is a potential solution for such remote controlling activities. GSM SMS technolog...Continue Reading »
6. ASSESSMENT OF CONSTRAINTS ON HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT IN TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION IN ANAMBRA STATE» ABSTRACT This study was designed to assess constraints on human resource development (HRD) in Technical vocational education. The study was designed t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The development of a nation brings an effective transformation of its socio political, economic, cult...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT An FM transmitter is an electronic device which, with the aid of an antenna, produces radio waves. The transmitter itself generates a radio f...Continue Reading »
9. A SURVEY OF FACTORS AFFECTING ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC TRADE STUDENTS’ ACHIEVEMENT IN NATIONAL TECHNICAL CERTIFICATE (NTC) EXAMINATION IN TECHNICAL COL...» TABLE OF CONTENTS TITLE PAGE i CERTIFICATION ii APPROVAL PAGE iii DEDICATION iv ACKNOWLEDGEMENT v TABLE OF CONTENTS vi LIST OF TABLES ix LIST OF APPEN...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of study Has technology transformed humankind into omniscient being? Years back, communication was done throug...Continue Reading »