Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 70 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background to the study
It is a fact to state that, an effective human resources development is a function of the application of methods of teaching, alternative channels of communication, educational resources and expertise of utilizing these resources by the instructors or the lecturer. It is on the above premise that this project is situated. To generate a desirable change in the learner, good teaching must take place and to bring about good teaching, teacher should be able to convey their message in the simplest, most convincing and practical way to the learner through the use of resources available to the education industry. These resources are properly utilized, underutilized or over utilized. These trends portend confusion for the educational system. If actually the education industry is the pivot for achieving genuine national development and the instrument par excellence for achieving same, then the available educational resources should be properly utilized to bring about better educational goals. This may point to the fact that resources in the education industry are not properly used (Ebong 2006: Maduagwu 2004; and Maduagwu and Nworgu, 2006).
Information and Communication Technology is the use of computers and telecommunications to create manipulate and distribute enlightenment and entertainment. Information and Communication Technology has penetrated to the core of our professional lives.
The term Information and Communication Technology (ICT) refers to technologies that provide access to information through telecommunications. Although similar to Information Technology but focuses primarily on communication Technologies which includes internet, wireless mediums. For example people can communicate in real time with others in different countries using technologies such as instant messaging, voice over IP (VOIP), video-conferencing, social networking websites like facebook allows users from all over the world remain in contact and communicate on a regular basis.
Information and Communication Technology according to Adegboye and Oludele (2009) was defined as an umbrella term that includes at technologies usable for the manipulation and communication of information. However, in the common usages it is often assumed that Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is synonymous with Information Technology (IT).
According to Information Technology Association of America (ITAA), information technology is seen as the study, design, development, implementation, support or management of computer –based information. Systems particularly software application and computer hardware it deals with the use of electronic computers and computer software to convert, store, protect, process, transmit and securely retrieve information it can also be describes as a general term that describes any technology that helps to producing manipulate, store, communicate, and disseminate information.
The United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and the International Labour Organization (ILO) recommendations of 2002 on technical and vocational education and training for twenty-first Century, define the “technical and vocational education” as a comprehensive term referring to those aspects of the educational process involving, in addition to general education, the study of technologies and related sciences, and the acquisition of practical skills, attitudes, understanding and knowledge relating to occupations in various sectors of economic and social life. Technical and Vocational Education (TVE) is concerned with the preparation of learners for employment, through the provision of knowledge, skills and attitudes desirable in the world of work. Technical and vocational education is further understood to be:
- an integral part of general education;
- a means of preparing for occupational fields and for effective participation in the world of work;
- an aspect of lifelong learning and a preparation for responsible citizenship;
- an instrument for promoting environmentally sound sustainable development;
- a method of facilitating poverty alleviation (UNESCO and ILO, 2002).
Technical and vocational education can be formal, informal, continuing or life-long learning, in-service training with various ranges of providers: public, semi-public and private institutions. Technical and vocational education has an orientation towards the world of work and the emphasis of the curriculum on the acquisition of employable skills. Its delivery systems are therefore well placed to train the skilled and entrepreneurial workforce that nation needs to create wealth and emerge out of poverty. Due to the dynamic levels of its training delivery, it can respond to the different training needs of learners from different socio-economic and academic backgrounds, and prepare them for gainful employment and sustainable livelihoods. The needs for Technical and vocational education around the world are enormous because of the changes occurring in the world of work, which have implications on the structure of appropriate courses in Technical and vocational education. It is therefore essential for every government be it local, state, or federal to be deeply aware of the importance of human resources development (HRD) and makes great efforts to develop technical and vocational education. For education to reap the full benefits of ICTs in learning, and effectively accomplish the aforementioned goals of technical and vocational education, nation’s educational system needs to develop strategies and plans to enhance the teaching-learning process through the use of new tools for learning.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
There are a number of questions about the ICT acceptance and usage among teachers and students from special education which emerge problem in special education program and effect the enrollment of the students. The utilize of the ICT in school will develop highly confident upon effort Special Education School to society expectation in educating special students. Therefore, a study in Technical and Vocational Special Education School should be conducted for the purpose of surveying ICT and usage in the teaching and learning process among teachers and students. The focus of the study is to identify the level of ICT acceptance and usage in teaching process among the special education program teachers and the level of ICT acceptance and usage in learning process among the special education program students.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The purpose of this study is to examine the use of information and communication technology in teaching of vocational subjects in Bori Polytechnic. The objectives of the study are as follows
(i) To examine the impact of Information Communication Technology in teaching of vocational subjects.
(ii) To examine how information communication equipment contributes to the teaching of vocational subject.
(iii) To examine the challenges of using Information Communication Technology in teaching of vocational subject.
1.4 Research Questions
The research questions of the study are:
(i) How does the impact Information Communication Technology enhances of vocational subject?
(ii) How does Information Communication Technology equipments influence teaching of vocational subjects?
(iii) What are the challenges of using Information Communication Technology in teaching of vocational subjects?
1. There is no significant difference between Information Communication Technology and teaching of vocational subject.
2. There is no significant difference between the use of projector and teaching of vocational subject
1.6 Significance of the Study
This study will offer useful ideas to existing knowledge on the subject matters. It would be of help to the students as well as Teachers in their daily pursuance of the duties particularly those presenting seminar workshop and symposium papers.
It will reveal the influence it has in the developing of information and communication technology centers the ways and how they are been managed. This study will be useful to both private and public sectors on how to improve on the information and communication technology in the day to day usage in the enhancement of the teaching of Vocational Subjects in Bori Polytechnic.
1.7 Scope of the Study
The researcher is expected to cover polytechnic in Rivers State and it metropolis but for time and other factors into consideration. This study has been significantly limited in scope to Bori Polytechnic.
1.8 Operational Definition of Terms
E-learning: Is an educational resource that helps in effective teaching and learning process created through combining e-digital content with local community and tutor support along with global community engagement.
Communication: This is the process of transmitting information, ideas and attitudes from one person to another.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT): It means a general term that describes any technology that help produce, manipulate and communicate information.
Email: It means electronic mail, which is transmission of message between computers via a network.
Internet: It can be defined as interconnection of computer network that enabled the computers and their program to communicate directly.
Computer: Electronic device that work under the control of the stored program, automatically accepting and processing data to produce information which is the result of the processing.
Academic Achievement: - Mode of achieving the best in academic environment.
Effects: - This is the impact or result of one thing on the other
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR VOCATIONAL EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EFFECT OF WRITTEN GRAMATICAL ERRORS COMMITTED BY SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS ON THE THEIR PERFORMANCE IN FRENCH EXAMINATION» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page i Approval Page ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgements v Table of Contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INT...Continue Reading »
2. INTERNET SKILLS AND ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE MANAGERS’ EFFECTIVE SERVICE DELIVERY IN AKWA IBOM STATE.» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to examine the relationship between ‘Internet Skills of Administrative Office Managers’ and Effective Service ...Continue Reading »
3. SECRETARIAL JOB-TASKS REQUIRED IN MODERN BUSINESS OFFICES AND IMPLICATION ON SECRETARIAL EDUCATION CURRICULUM IN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS IN THE NORTH-CE...» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to assess Secretarial Job Tasks Required in Modern Business Offices and Implications in Secretarial Education Curri...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project is designed to give insight to Nigerian’s fashion designers on the product of improved dinner wears using printed fabric. ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is on a study of the determinants of vocational choice among senior secondary school students. The total population for the study ...Continue Reading »
6. EFFECTS OF LABORATORY EXERCISES ON SCIENCE SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS’ PERFORMANCE IN CHEMISTRY, IN KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» TABLE OF CONTENTSTitle Page iDEDICATION iiCERTIFICATION iiiACKNOWLEDGEMENTS ivTABLE OF CONTENTS viLIST OF TABLES xABSTRACT xiCHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION...Continue Reading »
7. INFLUENCE OF BUSINESS EDUCATION SKILLS IN PROMOTING SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES (SMES) IN NORTH-WESTERN STATES OF NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Education in whatever form, aims at equipping the recipient with knowledge, skills and competenci...Continue Reading »
8. EFFECTIVENESS OF COOPERATIVE LEARNING AND PEER- TEACHING STRATEGIES ON STUDENTS ACHIEVEMENT AND INTEREST IN MATHEMATICS IN EZEAGU LOCAL GOVERNMENT ARE...» Abstract The main purpose of this study was to determine the effectiveness of cooperative learning and peer teaching strategies on students’ ach...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Introduction Chemistry as defined by Okeke and Ezekamgha(2000) as a branch of science that deals with composition and changes of matte...Continue Reading »
10. EFFECT OF LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION ON PUPILS’ ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT AND INTEREST IN AGRICULTURE IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN IMO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Agriculture deals with the production of food for the benefit of man. It involves a set of activities...Continue Reading »