The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 47 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
Get the complete project »
This project work was undertaken to survey the use of audio visual aids in the teaching and learning of English Language in some selected secondary school in Iyedarade Local Government Area of Edo State. To find solution to the problems which gave to undertaking the survey questionnaires were raised to check the availability use and the attitude of teachers towards audio/visual aids in language teaching in the selected secondary school in the local government areas of study. From the findings it was discovered that audio/visual aids are not available in schools therefore teachers teach the various language skills without the required basic aids. Recommendations were therefore made to the appropriate authorities to provide and maintain audio/visual aids in the teaching of English Language so as to enhance the promotion of learning among pupils towards improved yearly performance and daily use.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Statement of the problem
Delimitation and scope of the study
Limitation of the study
Purpose of the study
Significance of the study
Data analysis and discussion
Teaching and learning activities are interesting when instructional materials are used effectively and efficiently in a classroom-teaching situation. It is necessary for the teacher in the learning of English in Nigeria to use visual aid material as instructional tools in order to make their teaching more interesting that is to arouse the learning interest, sustain their attention for effective learning. But the problem in many secondary schools in OSUN State as else where in Nigeria is that of the instructional material like audio/visuals are not available and even where they are, the teachers do not use them effectively.
The reason for this attitude may be because teachers engage themselves in so many other relevant or irrelevant activities. The desire and haste of some teacher to cover the syllabus or scheme of work instead of making their teaching more meaningful and imparting. Often time some teaching goals depend on material for planning and utilization of instructional material for some teacher the production of instructional material is only for passing their examination the training college and not for actual use in the classroom.
There is also problem of non-availability of audio/visual for which teachers alone may not be blamed. The heads often do not motivate the teacher in terms of providing instructional materials.
Furthermore, most school lack of funds and as a result, they find it difficult to purchase the required audio/visual aid.
Generally, failure to use audio/visual material in the teaching of English language result in lack of interest among student in learning activities which affect performance in school and pupils not being able to assimilate lesson at their own rate and pace.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The secondary aim of this study is finding out all about the use of visual aid in teaching of English in some selected secondary schools in Iyedarade Local Government Area, Osun State.
It is observed that most teacher of English language in the secondary school does not use audio/visual aid to promote learning of this crucial subject.
For the purpose of this study, the following questions were posed.
1. Are audio/visual aid provided for use in the teaching of English in school?
2. Is it through the government provision that the aid are made available, or is it the school authority concerned that make the provision?
DELIMITATION OF THE SCOPE OF STUDY
This study was conducted in selected secondary school in Iyedarade Local Government Area Osun State. For out of all the schools were randomly selected and the schools include.
a. Iwo road grammar school gbongon .
b. Oduduwa grammar school Ile Ife.
c. Anglican secondary commercial grammar school Ile Ife St peter.
d. Anglican grammar school Ile Ife Gbongon Odeomum Grammar School.
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this project work is to identify the following.
1. Making teaching and learning more interesting and giving student opportunity to participate.
2. Examining the effect of audio/visual aid material in student’s performance.
3. Identify some of the problem, which inhibit the use of audio/visual materials.
4. Offering suggestion on how effectively and efficiently to with the use of audio/visual material.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this study is to examine the importance of audio/visual aid in the teaching of reading English language in secondary schools.
This study will aid in spelling pronunciation and fluency of student in reading
It will suggest meaningful way of handing the aid to bring about positive change in the student-reading pattern. It will also help to suggest relevant aid to be used for each of the class concerned it will as well suggest areas and how to make the aid available to the school that are lacking.
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Field trips are a critical component of standards based instruction in the classroom, not a separ...Continue Reading »
62 pages | 32 hits | Source: EDUCATION
2. COMPARATIVE ASSESSMENT OF TEACHING METHODS AND ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF PUPILS IN SOCIAL STUDIES IN UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBOM STATE» ABSTRACTThis study examined comparative assessment of teaching methods and academic performance of pupils in social studies in Uyo Local Government Ar...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 72 hits | Source: EDUCATION
3. THE PRESS AND SENSITIZATION OF THE PUBLIC ON FAKE DRUGS IN NIGERIA; AN EVALUATION OF THE COVERAGE OF NAFDAC BY THE NIGERIA PRESS.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In the last few years, the National Agency for Food Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has bee...Continue Reading »
37 pages | 162 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The idea behind classroom management in school is not to put across a single point of view about ...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 154 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Chemistry is the study that deals with the composition, properties and the use of matter. It probes i...Continue Reading »
71 pages | 142 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Our society requires adequate human and materials resources to improve its social organization, p...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 166 hits | Source: EDUCATION
7. PERCIEVED SOCIO ECONOMIC AND RELIGIOUS CAUSES OF STREET BEGGING IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF NIGER STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Begging in the streets of Nigeria is one of the perennial activities and perhaps occupations of the h...Continue Reading »
72 pages | 120 hits | Source: EDUCATION
8. ADMINISTRATORS SUPERVISORY SKILLS AND TEACHERS JOB PERFORMANCE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ABA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ABIA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study The importance of Administrators’ Supervisory stalls in Secondary School in Aba municipalit...Continue Reading »
88 pages | 166 hits | Source: EDUCATION
9. EFFECT OF SINGLE PARENTHOOD ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF PUPILS IN PRIMARY SCHOOL: A CASE STUDY OF EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF STUDY` A single parent is a parent not living with a spouse or a partner. The single parent has most of the day...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 0 hits | Source: EDUCATION
10. IMPACT OF QUALITATIVE SECONDARY EDUCATION ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN THE SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS» ABSTRACT This research examined the impact of qualitative secondary education on the academic performance of students in the senior secondary schools....Continue Reading »
50 pages | 100 hits | Source: EDUCATION