The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 67 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
Get the complete project »
African traditional religion refers to the indigenous or autochthonous religion of the African people. It deals with their cosmology, ritual practices, symbols, arts, society and so on .because religion is a way of life, it relates to culture and society as they affect the world view of the African people.
THE REASONS WHY AFRICAN TRADITIONAL RELIGION IS STILL RELEVANT
1.Traditional African diviners are one of the best keepers of history and culture for Africans, academic, researchers, writers and general seekers of knowledge in the world over.
2.The African tradition entails the world view that has collectively sustained, enriched and given meaning to a continent and numerous other societies for centuries through it are epistemology, metaphysics, history, and the practices.
3. Cultism: the cultists groups usually known for their sovereignty in terrorism and their immortality, having the ability to appear and dis-appear.at time’s metals could do them no harm. All this powers are acquired from juju, to carry out dubious operations.
4.security: most Africans particularly Nigerian farmers especially plantation farmers and that of yams, cassava etc. and the nomadic farmers in Africa mostly apply charms of adverse actions to any that may try to steal their products, most of this charms are been collected from juju.
5.Good and evil: in A.T.R evil includes both the physical and moral evils. God is the one who brings forth good, while human causes evil to themselves and others. Evil concerns any misfortune that befell an individual or community or any voluntary anti social behavior or any infringement of the decrees of God, the deities or ancestors. Evil is generally interpreted as the work of evil spirits, witches, sorcerers, or evil eyes, broken taboos, oaths or even the deities or ancestors.
6.When certain traditional cosmic and spirit powers
and forces rules and regulations enshrined manifests, man is aware that
many things do wrong and not all his expectations and needs are always
met, consequently, there must be something wrong. Things can be
corrected through reconciliation, restoration and the making of
peace,thereforecosmic and spiritual harmony can be restored through the
practice of sacrifices, offerings/gifts and even taboos etc
7.African traditional religion protocols is Still inevitable rules,doctrines, norms and customs that are referred to in the enthronement of African traditional rulers even though the personality may be a Muslim or a Christian, but tradition must be observed
8.Prior to the commitment of Africans in the traditional ceremonies and medications, it is obvious that Christianity and Islam co-exists harmoniously with traditional African religion
9.Most African Muslims and Christians still consult the traditional religion healers when someone is sick and participate in ceremonies to honor their ancestors 10. African traditional religion is still relevant in the sense that most Africans who adhere to Islam or Christianity also incorporates elements of indigenous African religion in to their lives, as most Africans still believe in the power of the jujus to protect them
THE AUTHORS THAT WROTE ON THE RELEVANCE OF A.T.R
1.Author:Dr. Charles nnajioutdo
Title:Africa belief system
2.Authors: Rudnick H.
Title: the link between western psychotherapy and traditional healing
3.Author: Jacob olupona
Title: an interview on the spirituality of Africa
Date: 16thOctober, 2015
4.Author: prince sorieconteh
Title.The place of A.T.R in interreligion encounters in Sierra Leone since the advent of Islam and Christianity
5.Authors: David T. Adamo
Title: research associates department of Old Testament science Department University of Pretoria, South Africa
Date: 31st October, 2011
6. Author: traze (m)
Title: the future of A.T.R
Date: January 08, 2010
7. Author: LeonardMadu
Title: Traditional African religion still relevant in Africa
Date: 17th January, 2013
8. Author: Sa’adu A.K. Alanamu
Title: An Introduction Comparative Religion in Nigeria
9.Author: Udo Ekuk, Religion and culture identity
10.Author: E. Bolajiidowu
Title: African traditional Religion a definition
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study A lot of students today do not realize the usefulness and importance of geography as a subject in...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 191 hits | Source: EDUCATION
2. THE CAUSES AND EFFECT OF TEENAGE PREGNANCY AMONG SECODNARY SCHOOLS: A CASE STUDY OF OVIA NORTH EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» ABSTRACT This research work is carried out to find out the causes of teenage pregnancy among secondary school students in Ovia North East local govern...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 146 hits | Source: EDUCATION
3. THE INFLUENCE OF PRINCIPALSâ€™ LEADERSHIP STYLES ON SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS JOB PERFORMANCE IN SAPELE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF DELTA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study The wealth of a given country is principally determined by the human resources, available natural res...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 164 hits | Source: EDUCATION
4. IMPACT OF SCHOOL FACILITIES ON STUDENT ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE: CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOL IN IGARRA AKOKO EDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, E...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Educationist and other well meaning people have always maintained that education is the greatest lega...Continue Reading »
81 pages | 0 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Teachers’ quality has been the focus of considerable debated worldwide since the middle of 20th...Continue Reading »
83 pages | 27 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1. BACKGROUND OF STUDY Qualitative education remains the fulcrum for global development and freedom. Therefore all hands must...Continue Reading »
76 pages | 148 hits | Source: EDUCATION
7. THE EFFECT OF SCIENCE PRACTICALS ON EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL SCIENCES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Science is a means of solving human problems (Abimbola 2010). He further emphasized that the prog...Continue Reading »
62 pages | 200 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» ABSTRACTThis study investigated the influence of principals’ leadership styles on teachers’ job performance in public secondary schools in Sapele ...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 201 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY One would ask what motivated the researcher to embark on this research work. The answer is simple...Continue Reading »
51 pages | 145 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» ABSTRACT The study examined those factors that existed between teachers job performance in Lagos State public secondary schools through a descriptive ...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 158 hits | Source: EDUCATION