The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The relevance of education in the upbringing of children cannot be overemphasized. Since the children of today constitutes the leaders of tomorrow, there is the need for every society to educate its children as this will contribute to the overall growth and development, thereby reducing the rate of crime and illiteracy in the society. For this is to make manifest, certain things should be inculcated in the individual such as skills, habits, attitude, moral values and prohibits disapproved ones. There should be a combination of formal and informal education given to them in order for them to make a constructive development of the society and themselves.
The interest of educators is well pronounced as to what influence the socio-economic status of parents have on their behaviour and learning ability. It is believed that if such influence exists, it should vary widely according to the sophistication of the learning contingencies provided by such factor.
But what we see around these days, nothing but nonchalant attitudes of the parents towards their children education. This is done in various ways, such as parents no longer stay at home to see after the affairs of their children, simply because of the guests by for the means of survival. Due to the fact that these children are not properly cared for, some of them grow up to create problems for the family and at times to the society entirely. This is simply from their unwillingness towards the educational pursuit. Also academic performance depending on the availability of learning materials or facilities, funds and otherwise in situation whereby students from school A perform better in terms of academic than school B, students lie on the above mentioned problems. So without parents not being ready to train their children, their performance in school might be discouraging due to the theory of individual differences. Even when some are being cared for properly, you discover that they still not cope with the system thereby leading to their failure or poor academic performance.
The home is viewed as one of the factors that cause poor performance of students in primary schools. The problems of why children achieve of fail to achieve in school has always been of interest to philosophers. The home background of students, physical condition of home, genetic and endowment, poor methodology of teacher have been put forth and possible answer and has received a great deal of attention. Socio-economic background is one of the greatest factors that influence primary school pupils.
With these observations, the poor performance of primary school pupils in school work could be traced to the schools’ parental attitudes, socio-economic status, family size etc. the main aim of this study is to examine the Impact of socio-economic background of parent on the academic performance of primary school pupils in Kaduna North Local Government Area of Kaduna state. Confidentially, the researcher intends to provide solutions to most of these problems above in the course of study.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The failure of parents to recognize and realize that the ability of their children to perform well is greatly influenced by the home and this is a serious problem because of their belief that the standard of education of nowadays has fallen. Some scholars have argued that the immediate and remote causes of the problem militating against the influence of socio-economic status of pupils’ performance in primary schools. The governments to some extent also contribute to the poor economy of the country making parents not able to send their children to school, and also socio-economic status, family size, educational background, influence of home, place of residence, family structure, influence of peer group etc.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The main purpose of carrying out this study is to examine the impact of socio-economic status of parents on the academic performance of primary school pupils and also to know the extent to which educational status of parents affect pupils’ academic performance, this is why the study is being carried out to suggest possible solutions that would help to solve the problems in the society.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
Some of the research questions on the study on the impact of socio-economic status of parents on the academic performance of primary school pupils in Kaduna North Local Government Area of Kaduna state.
Does socio-economic status affect the academic performance of pupils?
Do you think parents contribute to pupils’ performance in school?
Do parents’ occupations affect pupils’ performance in school?
Do you think family size influence pupils’ academic performance?
Do you think family structure influence academic performance of pupils?
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study will be of help to the educational planner in designing school programmes and curriculum to the call of their parents towards their children’s academic performance. it will also help to awaken the family even the society at large from their slumbering state of the educational career of their youth.
The discovered information of this researcher will help the teachers, educators and curriculum specialists and school administrators to plan ways or means of meeting the needs of children from different home backgrounds. This will also help the children to see their own ways of contributing to their poor performance in school. The society through this finding can help to provide educational facilities such as good classrooms, qualified teachers, chairs, desks and apparatus for practical etc. in order to alliance the educational standard of the children.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is restricted to Kaduna North Local Government Area of Kaduna state. The researcher will focus on primary schools in the above Mentioned local government.
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
STATUS: the legal position of a person, group or country.
SOCIO: connected with the trade industry and development of the wealth of a country, area or a society.
INFLUENCE: the effect that something has on the way a person thinks or behaves or on the way that something works or develops.
PERFORMANCE: the act of performing a play, concert, or other forms of entertainment
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Western education is a system originated from the west and penetrated to the world after Islamic ...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 163 hits | Source: EDUCATION
2. FACTORS MILITATING AGAINST THE EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF BIOLOGY IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL IN EBONYI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE...» Abstract This research work is a detailed on and delves into the strategies for effective teaching of biology in secondary schools in Ebonyi Local Gov...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 24 hits | Source: EDUCATION
3. THE INFLUENCE OF TEACHING METHODS ON SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN FINE ARTS IN NIGERIA(A CASE STUDY OF J.SS.3 STUDENTS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The primary purpose of teaching at any level of education is to bring a fundamental change in the...Continue Reading »
90 pages | 228 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study In Nigeria, the main instrument for social change is western education. Education is the surest and g...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 53 hits | Source: EDUCATION
5. THE ROLE OF INDUSTRIAL TRAINING SCHEME ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF MANPOWER IN SELETED BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENT IN ANAMBRA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Some years back, the concept of training and development of manpower in some business establishme...Continue Reading »
49 pages | 226 hits | Source: EDUCATION
6. EFFECTS OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS ON ACHIEVEMENT AND RETENTION OF BIOLOGY CONCEPTS AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN DELTA STATE, NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT This study investigated effects of instructional materials on the academic achievement and retention of SS 2 biology students in Delta State....Continue Reading »
109 pages | 127 hits | Source: EDUCATION
7. ASSESSMENT OF STUDENT PERFORMANCE IN ELECTRICAL MACHINE WINDING IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES IN BAUCHI STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study In the year 2007, the Universal Basic Education scheme introduced in Nigeria Kano state inclusive, ba...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 55 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» ABSTRACT TheAlmajiri system of education has deteriorated since the coming of the colonialists despite the efforts made by the Islamic scholars and go...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 190 hits | Source: EDUCATION
9. INFLUENCE OF INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION ON STUDENT LECTURER ACADEMIC RELATIONSHIPS IN THE UNIVERSITY» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Communication between student lecturers serves as a connection between them; it plays a central r...Continue Reading »
74 pages | 56 hits | Source: EDUCATION
10. FACTORS AFFECTING ATTITUDE TO WORK OF SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS AND STUDENTS’ PERFORMANCE IN IMO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Teachers occupy every important position in the educational system of any country because it is u...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 87 hits | Source: EDUCATION