Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 47 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project work was undertaken to survey the use of audio visual aids in the teaching and learning of Social studies in some selected secondary school in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State. To find solution to the problems which gave to undertaking the survey questionnaires were raised to check the availability use and the attitude of teachers towards audio/visual aids in language teaching in the selected secondary school in the local government areas of study. From the findings it was discovered that audio/visual aids are not available in schools therefore teachers teach the various language skills without the required basic aids. Recommendations were therefore made to the appropriate authorities to provide and maintain audio/visual aids in the teaching of Social studies so as to enhance the promotion of learning among pupils towards improved yearly performance and daily use.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Statement of the problem
Delimitation and scope of the study
Limitation of the study
Purpose of the study
Significance of the study
Data analysis and discussion
Teaching and learning activities are interesting when instructional materials are used effectively and efficiently in a classroom-teaching situation. It is necessary for the teacher in the learning of English in Nigeria to use visual aid material as instructional tools in order to make their teaching more interesting that is to arouse the learning interest, sustain their attention for effective learning. But the problem in many secondary schools in OSUN State as else where in Nigeria is that of the instructional material like audio/visuals are not available and even where they are, the teachers do not use them effectively.
The reason for this attitude may be because teachers engage themselves in so many other relevant or irrelevant activities. The desire and haste of some teacher to cover the syllabus or scheme of work instead of making their teaching more meaningful and imparting. Often time some teaching goals depend on material for planning and utilization of instructional material for some teacher the production of instructional material is only for passing their examination the training college and not for actual use in the classroom.
There is also problem of non-availability of audio/visual for which teachers alone may not be blamed. The heads often do not motivate the teacher in terms of providing instructional materials.
Furthermore, most school lack of funds and as a result, they find it difficult to purchase the required audio/visual aid.
Generally, failure to use audio/visual material in the teaching of Social studies result in lack of interest among student in learning activities which affect performance in school and pupils not being able to assimilate lesson at their own rate and pace.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The secondary aim of this study is finding out all about the use of visual aid in teaching of English in some selected secondary schools in Oredo Local Government Area, Osun State.
It is observed that most teacher of Social studies in the secondary school does not use audio/visual aid to promote learning of this crucial subject.
For the purpose of this study, the following questions were posed.
1. Are audio/visual aid provided for use in the teaching of English in school?
2. Is it through the government provision that the aid are made available, or is it the school authority concerned that make the provision?
DELIMITATION OF THE SCOPE OF STUDY
This study was conducted in selected secondary school in Oredo Local Government Area Osun State. For out of all the schools were randomly selected and the schools include.
a. Iwo road grammar school gbongon .
b. Oduduwa grammar school Ile Ife.
c. Anglican secondary commercial grammar school Ile Ife St peter.
d. Anglican grammar school Ile Ife Gbongon Odeomum Grammar School.
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this project work is to identify the following.
1. Making teaching and learning more interesting and giving student opportunity to participate.
2. Examining the effect of audio/visual aid material in student’s performance.
3. Identify some of the problem, which inhibit the use of audio/visual materials.
4. Offering suggestion on how effectively and efficiently to with the use of audio/visual material.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this study is to examine the importance of audio/visual aid in the teaching of reading Social studies in secondary schools.
This study will aid in spelling pronunciation and fluency of student in reading
It will suggest meaningful way of handing the aid to bring about positive change in the student-reading pattern. It will also help to suggest relevant aid to be used for each of the class concerned it will as well suggest areas and how to make the aid available to the school that are lacking.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This work is based on the effect of poverty on educational development of the citizens with a par...Continue Reading »
2. THE LEVEL OF COMPUTER LITERACY AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS IN EZZA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE» Abstract The study investigates the level of computer literacy among secondary school teachers in Ezza North local government area of Ebonyi state. Fo...Continue Reading »
3. PERCEPTION OF STUDENTS ON THE CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF MATHEMATICS ANXIETY AMONG STUDENTS OF TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA. A CASE STUDY OF UAM» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Mathematics is one of the most important subjects in University admission criteria. Thus it is ma...Continue Reading »
4. LESSON TIME, LEASSON DURATION, SCHOOL CLIMATE AND CLASS SIZE AS PREDICTORS OF STUDENTS MASTERY OF ENGLISH STUDIES» Abstract This study is on lesson time, lesson duration, school climate and class size as predictors of students’ mastery of English studies. The...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Faith shapes our life purposes, meanings, trusts, loyalties, character, worldview, and values, po...Continue Reading »
6. THE EFFECT OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS ON THE LEARNING AND TEACHING OF ECONOMICS IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The influence of instructional materials in promoting students’ academic performance and teachi...Continue Reading »
7. A STUDY ON THE INFLUENCE OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC STATUS OF PARENTS ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS: A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SECOND...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The relevance of education in the upbringing of children can not be overemphasized. Since the childre...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background of the study The issue of welfare services in Nigeria exist with the motive of assisting the handicapped person...Continue Reading »
9. INFLUENCE OF PARENTING STYLES ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF ADOLESCENTS IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS: A CASE OF MANYATTA CONSTITUENCY, EMBU COUNTY» ABSTRACT The Kenya Vision 2030 identified education as a major component of the social pillar of the Kenyan economy. The issue of parenting styles has...Continue Reading »
10. INFLUENCE OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS ON STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION IN SECONDARY SCHOOL IN UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT ARE...» ABSTRACT The study was designed to determine the influence of instructional materials on student’s academic performance in physical and health e...Continue Reading »