Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Teaching and learning activities are interesting when audio-visual materials are used effectively and efficiently in a classroom-teaching situation. It is necessary for the teacher in the learning of Social studies in Nigeria to use visual aid material as audio-visual tools in order to make their teaching more interesting that is to arouse the learning interest, sustain their attention for effective learning. But the problem in many secondary schools as elsewhere in Nigeria is that of the audio-visual material like audio/visuals are not available and even where they are, the teachers do not use them effectively.
The reason for this attitude may be because teachers engage themselves in so many other relevant or irrelevant activities. The desire and haste of some teacher to cover the syllabus or scheme of work instead of making their teaching more meaningful and imparting. Often time some teaching goals depend on material for planning and utilization of audio-visual material for some teacher the production of audio-visual material is only for passing their examination the training college and not for actual use in the classroom.
There is also problem of non-availability of audio/visual for which teachers alone may not be blamed. The heads often do not motivate the teacher in terms of providing audio-visual materials.
Furthermore, most school lack of funds and as a result, they find it difficult to purchase the required audio/visual aid.
Generally, failure to use audio/visual material in the teaching of Social studies result in lack of interest among student in learning activities which affect performance in school and pupils not being able to assimilate lesson at their own rate and pace.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The secondary aim of this study is finding out all about the use of visual aid in teaching of Social studies in some selected secondary schools in Enugu east Local Government Area, Enugu State.
It is observed that most teachers of Social studies in the secondary school do not use audio/visual aid to promote learning of this crucial subject.
For the purpose of this study, the following questions were posed.
1. Are audio/visual aid provided for use in the teaching of Social studies in school?
2. Is it through the government provision that the aid are made available, or is it the school authority concerned that make the provision?
DELIMITATION OF THE SCOPE OF STUDY
This study was conducted in selected secondary school in Enugu east Local Government Area Enugu State. For out of all the schools were randomly selected and the schools include.
a. Pine crests school.
b. Government secondary school, Enugu
c. National Grammar School, Nike.
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Some of the limitation which researcher had to content with in the course of carrying out the study are as follows.
Lack of adequate finance to the project of a satisfactory level of interest.
Inadequate time to cover more number of schools as the available time had the constraint of mainstream course work lecture attendance.
Inadequate source of material for review for owing to non-availability of time to extend the scope of research for such more enriching materials.
In the school under investigation, there was on readily expected cooperation, forth coming from the respective school staff.
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this project work is to identify the following.
1. Making teaching and learning more interesting and giving student opportunity to participate.
2. Examining the effect of audio/visual aid material in student’s performance.
3. Identify some of the problem, which inhibit the use of audio/visual materials.
4. Offering suggestion on how effectively and efficiently to with the use of audio/visual material.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this study is to examine the importance of audio/visual aid in the teaching of reading Social studies in secondary schools.
This study will aid in spelling pronunciation and fluency of student in reading
It will suggest meaningful way of handing the aid to bring about positive change in the student-reading pattern. It will also help to suggest relevant aid to be used for each of the class concerned it will as well suggest areas and how to make the aid available to the school that are lacking.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ATTITUDE AND PRACTICES OF BREAST SELF EXAMINATION AMONG FEMALE UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS OF TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Breast Self Examination (BSE) is a technique in which a lady examines her own breasts by seeing a...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study. Educational technology is an interdisciplinary field which is comprised of a diverse set of disc...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Science and technology have proved significantly useful in man’s daily struggle to control his ...Continue Reading »
4. THE ROLE OF INDUSTRIAL TRAINING SCHEME ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF MANPOWER IN SELETED BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENT IN ANAMBRA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Some years back, the concept of training and development of manpower in some business establishme...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTIONPrimary education is the foundation a child requires in his or her educational pursuit. The quality of primary education a child get would...Continue Reading »
6. THE CAUSES AND EFFECT OF TEENAGE PREGNANCY AMONG SECODNARY SCHOOL STUDENTS: A CASE STUDY OF OVIA NORTH EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The number of teenagers given birth each year is staggering. In fact, of the slightly more than 10% o...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECT OF SELECTED FACTORS ON ADMINISTRATIVE EFFECTIVENESS AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL PRINCIPALS IN DELTA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Delta State has a large number of secondary schools to cater for the educational needs of eligibl...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to examine the influence of extramural classes on student academic performance in social studies using selected se...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECTIVENESS OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIAL AND STUDENT COGNITIVE PERFORMANCE IN INTEGRATED SCIENCE IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The cry to improve effective teaching and learning of Integrated Science in most junior secondary...Continue Reading »
10. EFFECTS OF COOPERATIVE LEARNING STRATEGIES AND LOCUS OF CONTROL ON STUDENTS ACHIEVEMENT IN STATISTICS PROCESS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The technological advancement of any nation to a large extent is dependent on a sound scientific ...Continue Reading »