Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 42 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1. Background of the study
The advent of social media amongst the average Nigerian youth has been on a steady increase not minding its implications on the lifestyle, behavior and academic performance. As a result of the world’s technological advancement, there has apparently become a need for people to stay connected to each other and make life easier and more fulfilling.
Technological advancement has introduced the use of the Internet as well as social media. The improvement in technology has made it easier for people especially the young people to have access to the Internet and thus social networking which they join in with friends (Ibrahim, 2012). Social networking has completely changed the way social interaction takes place among people. It is a process by which people socialize and get to know each other online. Through it people seek and enjoy the interaction of others online. Social media supports the sharing of information, pictures and other personal details while at the same time expanding their friends’ base.
These social media platforms are so many but the major ones would be highlighted, which are, Facebook, twitter, Nimbuzz, whatsap, blackberry messenger, instagram,badoo and so on. There are no limitations or restriction as to which social media platform one should belong; one can be an active member of as many as possible. While the social networking sites have the same key aspects, the cultures and responses around them that become apparent are varied. Most social media platforms help strangers connect with others based on shared personal interests, political and economic views, simply recreational activities and so on.
The social media also provide great opportunities for members including secondary school students. The students on the other hand benefit from some of the postings in some social media sites because some postings can be informative and educative and the students after reading such posts can comment on them. In as much as some of these posts may be importance to students some may be as well to distracting to students. This goes a long way in influencing their overall attitude, morals, academic performance and their general wellbeing.
Christian religious studies is a subject introduced in the secondary school curriculum to instill morale, Christian values, and above all to make students imbibe the doctrines of the bible while at the same time ensuring that they make good grades in their examinations. The social media has greatly influences the average Christian religious studies students in that most comments, posts and even interactions have entirely deviated from morals which has regrettably influenced the lifestyle, morals and general behavior of students thereby sabotaging the aim of the introduction of Christian religious studies in the school curriculum while at the same time affecting students’ performance since social media is time consuming.
Therefore, this study is an effort to examine the possible influence this social media has on the students of Christian religious studies in relation to their study habits, academics, social life and their general performance in Christian religious studies. This is the reason the effect of social media on CRS students caught the researcher’s attention more especially for the fact that to the best of the researcher’s knowledge, this area of study has not been explored in Kanke local government area of plateau state and this study is an effort to fill the research gap. The researcher hopes that this study would be a value addition to this research area.
1.2. Statement of the general problem
The general poor performance of secondary schools students in Christian religious studies in both internal and external examinations has been a reoccurring problem. The poor learning of this subject could be a combination of several reasons notable among them may be as a result of the advent of the social media. The poor morals and general behavior of secondary school students owing to the influence of the social media has led to the increase in social vices like rape, drug abuse, and prostitution in the society.
1.3. Aims and objectives of the study
The major aim of this study is to examine the effect of social media in the learning of Christian religious studies in kanke local government area of plateau state. Other specific objectives of the study includes
1. To examine the relationship between students use of social media and the academic performance in Christian religious studies in kanke local government area.
2. To examine the consequences of the social media on the society in kanke local government area.
3. To establish the relationship between the use of the social media and students behavior and lifestyle in kanke local government area.
4. To study the level of the application of social media in teaching of Christian religious studies in kanke local government area.
5. To recommend ways of improving the learning of Christian religious studies in kanke local government area.
1.4. Research Questions
1. What is the effect of the social media in learning Christian religious studies in kanke local government area?
2. What is the relationship between the use of social media and the academic performance in Christian religious studies in kanke local government area?
3. What are the consequences of the social media on the society in kanke local government area?
4. What is the relationship between social media and students behavior in kanke local government area?
5. What is the application of social media in teaching Christian religious studies in kanke local government?
6. What are the ways of improving the learning of Christian religious in kanke local government?
1.5. Research Hypotheses
H0: There is no effect of social media in learning of Christian religious studies
H1: There is an effect of social media in learning of Christian religious studies
H0: There is no significant relationship between social media and academic performance in Christian religious studies
H1: There is a significant relationship between social media and academic performance in Christian religious studies
1.6. Significance of the study
This study would be of immense importance to school administrators and principals as it seeks to establish ways of improving the learning of Christian religious studies in kanke local government area.
The study will be beneficial to students, Parents and Guardians and School Teachers. The study will be most beneficial to students who need to learn to manage and balance their time so as to be great contributors to the development of the society. They should learn to explore the social media potential benefits as it will boost their creativity and technical skills but not at the expense of their primary responsibility which is reading.
1.7. Scope of the study
This study is restricted to the effect of social media on students learning of Christian religious knowledge in kanke local government area of plateau state.
1.8. Limitation of the study
Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
1.9. Definition of terms
Social media: Social media is the collective of online communications channels dedicated to community-based input, interaction, content-sharing and collaboration. Websites and applications dedicated to forums, micro blogging, social networking, social bookmarking, social duration, and wikis are among the different types of social media
Christian: a person who believes in the teachings of Jesus Christ
Learning: the activity or process of gaining knowledge or skill by studying, practicing, being taught, or experiencing something
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. Influence of Family Background on Academic Achievement of Pupils in Primary Schools in Port Harcourt City Local Government Area, Rivers State» Abstract The purpose of the study is to examine influence of family background on academic achievement of pupils in primary schools in Port Harcourt c...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION Background of the Study It has been very glaring that Guidance and Counseling has been lacking in our educational system, until...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Crime is an inevitable phenomenon in human existence because human beings are hedonistic in nature (p...Continue Reading »
4. FACTORS MILITATING AGAINST THE EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF BIOLOGY IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL IN EBONYI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE...» Abstract This research work is a detailed on and delves into the strategies for effective teaching of biology in secondary schools in Ebonyi Local Gov...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUTION 1.1 Background of the Study In order to get a clear picture of the subject matter it is imperative to defined cooperative. ICA...Continue Reading »
6. ASSESSMENT OF AVAILABILITY AND UTILIZATION OF E-LEARNING TECHNOLOGIES IN BUSINESS EDUCATION PROGRAMME IN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS IN DELTA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Business education has been described as education for and about business (Okwuanaso & Nwazor, 20...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF CHRISTAIN RELIGIOUS STUDIES ON THE MORALS OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF UYO AKWA IBOM STATE)» ABSTRACT This research discusses the impact of Christian religious studies on the morals of secondary school students in Uyo metropolis. It discussed ...Continue Reading »
8. THE LEVEL OF INFORMATION OVERLOAD AND ANXIETY AMONG UNDERGRADUATES OF NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA» ABSTRACT This study looks at the level of information overload and information Anxiety among undergraduates of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka. The st...Continue Reading »
9. IMPORTANCE OF INFORMATION MANAGEMENT IN NIGERIA (ARMY OPERATIONS: OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE IN PERSPECTIVE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Nigeria is a country blessed with various ethnic groups but the issue of violence has eaten into ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The increase of street trading and rape over the years in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo Stat...Continue Reading »