Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 55 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study was carried out to identify the effects of parental influence has on the child's learning and his future life, endeavour of student in Egor Local Government Area of Edo State. The population of 200 staff was drawn from selected Secondary School in Egor Local Government Area randomly selected was used for the study to each staff questionnaire was administered and answer offered were collated and analysed. The result obtained from the study show that, illiterate parents have little or no time to their children's education children from educated home background show more interest in education lack of motivation and parents forcing them to do their will. It was also found out that only few students are interested in their parent's occupation. This is due to the fact that a consideration number of children live without parental support, as in orphans, children living in the streets, displaced and refused children who on account of the poverty of their parents are subjected to inhuman and sadistic ordeals. This reduces their desire to learn as it happens frequently in Egor Local Government Area of Edo State.
1.1 Background of the study
Career play a very fundamental and significant role in the life of the individual not only because they determine the pattern of income but also because they affect the individual personality and concepts in life, career therefore is a choose pursuit, life work or success in one's profession occupied by a person throughout his/her lifetime. In a nutshell, career is the totality of work one does in his life time and is person centred it is of utmost importance to every individual as he or she prepares for the future. Career choice is something very hard to decide, especially as his life will depend on it. Her (2003) indicated that, career is the totality of experience through which one learns about and prepares to engage in work as part of his way of living ' Splete (12001) Stress career is an enjoying process that occurs over the life span and includes homes, schools and community. Every human being needs to do one job or the other to help contribute his quote to the development of the country. Ipaye (2000) refers to the need for one to discuss with one's peer school counsellors, parents and teachers on the need to choose a life span work as “career convention” or “career conference”. However, career convention according to him is an instrument of career information. This occurs for a number of reasons, which includes:
1. To stimulate career thinking and widen occupational horizon.
2. To focus attention on particular jobs in order to help an individual crystallizes his preference.
3. To create a situation in which parents can on one hand meet employers and discuss the opportunities they offer and on the other hand meet the career teachers or career officers with whom they can exchange views.
Work experience during industrial training or those experiences acquired during vocational education also aids the students in choice of career. This is a techniques in which students do job under realistic conditions without payment this may help them choose a career to that effect.James (2004) Observes that the influence home has on the child's learning is the fundamental concepts of life. This cause and most of the habits and basic adjustment were established during pre-school years. The highlights the fact that home and parents occupy the most important position in the child’s education. It should be stressed that work experience is not an attempt to find job for the students but an attempt to widen the horizons of students and ease the ultimate transition from school to work. This is usually based on the information given to the school by the parents, such guidance and information are necessary because most school children are adolescents and are controlled by double standards, hypocrisy, truancy, materialism, dishonesty etc
The factor that may influence choice of career includes.
- Socio-economic factors
- Personal or family factors
- Cultural factors, which include schools, peer group, age and work experience. The effect of parental influence on choice of career is both negative and positive this is due to: security factors
- No usual hazards to health
- Assured steady income
- Certainty of continued employment
- Career or occupational satisfaction
- Social rewards.
To increase students interest and ability to use his hands and brains, the parents, must be involved to give desired assistance/guidance to the students.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
This research is based on the effect of parental influences on the choice of career among secondary school students in Egor Local Government Area of Edo State. The parents may desire what they think is good or best for their ward.This may affect the child positively if the child can cope with it but negatively when such a child has other things in mind, which he/she wishes to do. The result of this is that the child may not concentrate on the parents needs and so may not adjust positively towards the career. This sometimes leads to student’swaywardness, secrete cult involvement, armed robbery and so on. The child may not cope with the parents continual force against his/her will. The world is marking such drastic demand upon the coming workers every truthful man and woman every teaches and reflecting parents is planning way to fit the students for the life and needs of this new century. This statement which is still relevant today was written by Mejer Bloomfield in his book ‘finding ones place in life in (2007) since the early 2000 career development or vocational guidance at it was then known has increasingly gained more and more attention and respect in essence career counselling is a specialty within the profession of counselling one that fosters vocationally development and work adjustment of individual abilities interest and goals with the work roles structured by the community and occupation organised by companies and assist a developing and deciding individual to make suitable and viable choice why examine the factors affecting career choice on senior secondary school students, in the past and even now for many. It was assumed that on individual going through late adolescent would be developing their independence and slowly eliminating his or her family’s constraints as he or she formed his or her own identity into the larger word in effect the person would make career decision based on his or her own interest research and occupational goals with limited influence from others. Infact even when young adult move away from home, their family will likely still have a strong influence upon them on two significant life events marriage and their career.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The main objective of this study is the effect of parental influence of the choice of career among secondary school. But for the successful completion of the study; the researcher intends to achieve the following sub-objectives
1. To find out the effect of parental influence on the choice of career among students in Egor Local Government Area of Edo State
2. To find out to what extent the influence of the parent will play on the student’s choice of career, and whether the influence will always aid the students positively or negatively.
3. To ascertain the level of formal education of parents influences the career choice of students
4. To ascertain the significant relationship between parental influence of choice of career and academic performance of secondary school students
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
For the successful completion of the study, the following research hypotheses were formulated by the researcher;
H0:there is no effect of parental influence on the choice of career among students in Egor Local Government Area of Edo State
H1: there iseffect of parental influence on the choice of career among students in Egor Local Government Area of Edo State
H02: there is no significant relationship between parental influence of choice of career and academic performance of secondary school students
H2:there is significant relationship between parental influence of choice of career and academic performance of secondary school students
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The importance of this researcher work is to find to what extent the influences of the parent will affect the student choice of career and the attendance performance of students on the subject that would heard them successfully toward this occupation or job as a life span endeavour.
1. It will enable the research give recommendations to the parents about their children’s response to the advice five to them.
2. It will enable the researcher make concrete recommendations to the government about the choice of career among students especially now that the rate of unemployment is high.
3. It will enable the researcher to make recommendation to school administrators.
4. The findings will also enable the researcher made recommendations for further research on the issue of career prospects.
5. It will enable the peer and the student’s community to have an impact on the youth adult expectation and perception of vocation
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study covers the effect of parental influence of the choice of career among secondary school. The researcher encounters some constrain which limited the scope of the study;
a) AVAILABILITY OF RESEARCH MATERIAL: The research material available to the researcher is insufficient, thereby limiting the study
b) TIME: The time frame allocated to the study does not enhance wider coverage as the researcher has to combine other academic activities and examinations with the study.
c) Organizational privacy: Limited Access to the selected auditing firm makes it difficult to get all the necessary and required information concerning the activities.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
CAREER - A chosen pursuit or course of business activity or enterprise, especially one's professional life or employment that offers advancement and honour.
INFLUENCE- The power of acts by which parents or a person has to control the desire of another.
CHOICE: An act of choosing between two or more possibility. The right to choose or the possibility of choosing.
FACTORS: One of several thing that cause or influence something or somebody to include as particular fact or situation when you are thinking about or planning something.
EFFECTIVE: Producing strong feeling of sadness and sympathy.
COUNSELLING: This is the process where a troubled or a confused person is helped by a professional to solve his problem and to make better adjustment to his society.
GUIDANCE: This is the process of helping the student to understanding himself and his environment in other to develop self defectiveness.
1.8 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study. Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature. Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ASSESSMENT OF HEALTH CARE SEEKING BEHAVIOUR AMONG THE MALE ADULTS IN ISIALANGWA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, ABIA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background to the Study Health care seeking behaviour which is a sequence of remedial actions to address perceived ill h...Continue Reading »
2. PARENTAL CHARACTERISTICS INFLUENCING STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ISINYA DISTRICT, KENYA» TABLE OF CONTENT DECLARATION .................................................................................................... ii DEDICATION .........Continue Reading »
3. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING THE UTILIZATION OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIAL IN TEACHING ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS TRADE IN TECHNICAL COLLEGE KADUNA STATE.» CHAPTER ONE Introduction Background of Study Teaching at any local requires that the students be exposed to some form of stimulation. Adekunle (2008) ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The Federal Government in the year 2005 through the former Minister of Education, Mrs. Chinwe Oba...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The aim of this study is to examine the effect of parental influence in the educational development of primary children in Kaduna South local...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Owing to the challenges that faced directorate of inspection, principals were entrusted with the ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project helps to know how Nigerian Video Movies influence on secondary school students in Enugu South L.G.A. Since movies is considered ...Continue Reading »
8. THE INFLUENCE OF E LEARNING POSSIBILITIES ON THE ACADEMIC PERDFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study E learning is the act of taking a course online using a modem, wireless, or cable connection to acces...Continue Reading »
9. FACTORS MILITATING AGAINST EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF SCHOOL RECORDS BY SECONDARY SCHOOL PRINCIPALS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» CHAPTER ONE Introduction Information is every organization’s most basic and essential asset and in common with any other business assets recorde...Continue Reading »
10. THE EFFECT OF AUTOCRATIC LEADERSHIP STYLE ON EMPLOYEE PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF POWER HOLDING COMPANY OF NIGERIA PHCN)» ABSTRACT Autocratic leadership style is a system of leadership in which the leaders use in controlling the subordinates, has unrestricted power, it is...Continue Reading »