Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 65 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project give a summary of the entire research study which was designed to find out the way and the way forward in the effect of sexually transmitted disease among youth Edo State. This study include respondents in secondary schools, tertiary institutions, civil servants, traders, which were reviewed were the mode of transmission, factors predisposing youths to STD’s, the symptoms, treatment, diagnosis, prognosis, preventive measures of sexually transmitted disease, others include control and eradication. The questionnaire was used as the research instrument: A total of 343 questionnaires were given to the respondents, analysis of data from the review of the questionnaires showed that abstinence from sex and faithfulness to one partners is the best prevention from STD, various recommendations were given which include the incorporations of sex, faithfulness to one partners, abstinence and parental guidance with regards to the youths.
TABLE OF CONTENT
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the problem
1.3 Purpose of the study
1.4 Significance of study
1.5 Research questions
1.6 Scope of study
1.7 Limitation of study
1.8 Definition of terms
2.0 Literature Review
4.0 Data Analysis
5.0 Summary, Conclusion and Recommendations
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Sexually transmitted disease (STD, venereal disease) are among the most common infectious disease in the United States today. Sexually transmitted diseases are sometimes referred to as sexually transmitted infectious, since these conditions involve the transmission of an infectious organism between sex partners. More than 20 different STDs have been identified, and about 10 million men and women are infected each year in the United States, according to the CDC (2010). Sexually transmitted disease has been known for hundred of years and men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including children have been affected. But as we enter a new millennium, old age problems of the infectious diseases continue to plague us, very many have been eliminated, examples syphilis and tuberculosis, which increase faster than the terrifying of human population overcrowding, environmental degradation, and poverty often, inflate these diseases.
Many of these diseases may have arisen in the content of modern social trends, perhaps the most frightened is the HIV and many disease unknown before the last eight decades of the twentieth century. This currently incurable virus has already infected more than 50% of the ordinary young adults population imparts of the Sub-Sahara Africa and is rapidly spreading. However, syphilis is potentially one of the most controllable disease (STDs) this unlike tuberculosis which is transmitted mostly by sexual intercourse.
Even under these conditions, HIV is not nearly as transferable as some other STD e.g. hepatitis or gonorrhea. It is the cofactors of other STDs this largely explain the infectively and prevalence of HIV. The world bank estimated that STDs often easily treated, but if untreated principally, it affect the most economically productive section of the society young adult was the most effectives of the medical intervention.
Anti-microbial treatment of some STDs is becoming problematic, some stain of gonorrhea are now resistant to all anti-biotic generally available in our countries.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
This study attempts a critical examination of the causes and effect, of sexually transmitted disease (STD) which causes and disorders of the central nervous system, and also causes pelvic inflammatory diseases, which may cause a tuboorarian abscess. The abscess, in turn may lead to scarring of the reproductive organs, which can result in an ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy outside the uterus) infertility or even death for a woman.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study is to:
1. To consider the effect, means of prevention and treatments of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) in Egor Local Government Area of Edo State.
2. To assist partners or individuals in these localities discuss their sexual and STD history before having sex and to consider getting tested.
3. The factor pre-disposing youths sexually transmitted disease.
4. To help the general population to understand the symptoms and how to diagnose the diseases.
5. To help individuals that are sexually active to understand the symptoms and how they are spread.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
For the purpose of this study research questions were formulated and they are as follows:
1. Does unfaithfulness your partner cause sexually transmitted disease (STD)?
2. Does abstinence from sex help you to prevent sexually transmitted disease (STD)?
3. Does the use of anti-biotic help in the treatment of sexually transmitted disease?
4. Does sex education and voluntary counselling of the youths aid in the prevention of sexually transmitted disease (STD)?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Sexually transmitted diseases is not what can be single handedly tackled, it is hoped that when study is concluded suggestions will be offered to rewards the preventive measures of these disease by viewing or looking at some of the factors that propagate sexually transmitted disease. This study will also be useful to researchers in the discovery of the possible treatment of sexually transmitted disease.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
It is not an easy task to go round the nook and cranny of Egor Local Government Area in searching for information due to the fact that biological concepts are being modernized as a result of arising discoveries by researchers or scientists or biologist.
There is the need to go on line search of recent information via the Internet, which is expensive and time consuming. The investigator has resolved to study the effect and how sexually transmitted disease can be prevented and treated in Egor Local Government Area of Edo State. For the purpose of this investigation, attention will be focused on youth, civil servants, students of secondary and tertiary institutions.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
STD: Sexually Transmitted Disease, Venereal Disease (VD) is an illness that has a significant probability of transmission between humans or animals by means of sexual contact including oral sex or it is a disease that is passed from one person to another during sexual activity.
HIV: The Human Immuno Deficiency Virus. It is the virus which causes (AIDS) and the disease can be transmitted to others.
Gonorrhea: This is a disease caught by having sex with an infected person. An STD that affect the uncoils membrane particularly in the urinary tract and genital area. It can make urination painful and cause pus-liked discharge through the urinary tract.
Syphilis: This is a disease that gets worse over a period of time, spreading from the sexual organs to the skin, bores muscles and brain.
Anti-Biotic: A substance, for example Penicillin that can destroy or prevent growth of other bacteria and cure infections.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. NEWSPAPER READERSHIP AMONG SCIENCE AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION LECTURERS (A CASE OF SELECTED NBTE SCHOOL IN KADUNA).» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Reading newspapers is one of the best ways to keep up with important news in your town, across th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The importance of education to the development of human society cannot be overemphasized. Joseph ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Child abuse is also called cruelty to children; the willful infliction of pain and suffering on child...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study focuses on the influence of gender on the education of girl child in Ikpoba Okha Local Government Area of Edo State. 100 students ...Continue Reading »
5. THE CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF DROPOUT IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOL. A CASE STUDY OF OVIA NORTH EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to find out the high incidence of school dropout in recent times. A study was conducted in Ovia North East Local...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study examined teachers’ perceptions of students’ problems which bordered on academic work, study habits and skills, and adj...Continue Reading »
7. COMPARATIVE ASSESSMENT OF TEACHING METHODS AND ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF PUPILS IN SOCIAL STUDIES IN UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBOM STATE» ABSTRACTThis study examined comparative assessment of teaching methods and academic performance of pupils in social studies in Uyo Local Government Ar...Continue Reading »
8. THE APPLICATION OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TO THE LEARNING AND TEACHING OF BASIC SCIENCE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS» ABSTRACT This research work is aimed at identifying the level and usage of Information Communication Technology in teaching Basic science in secondary...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Malnutrition is a term peculiar to under develop and developing countries. Malnutrition has been ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the studyLayman tends to equate the application of ICT in any profession to being online, meaning connected t...Continue Reading »