Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 82 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The article on this topic (strategies for improving low academic performance in English language in secondary schools in cross river state) is an extract from the complete project material. The complete project work would be made available when you subscribe for the full material.
1.1. Background of the Study
The modern trend in education and the complex nature of learning and instruction have made the role of the teachers more challenging. This new role does not just involve the more transmission of information to students but it involves looking at the problems associated with learning and instruction. The National Policy on Education (NPE, 2004) in Nigeria emphasized that our children should be educated properly so that they can acquire skills and competencies that would enable them function well and solve problems in the society. The accomplishment and realization of these important educational goals in Nigeria lies in the new trend in the educational approaches.
These new approaches to learning and instruction expose the students to conceptualize and effectively manage their own learning and thus reinforce their learning and transfer their training in practical situations. Despite the new approach to learning and instruction, English language at the Senior Secondary School level in Nigeria has been plagued with poor results and low achievements. Annual results from West African Examinations Council (WAEC) reveal woeful performances from the students who have made enrolment for English language examinations a yearly ritual. It is worrisome to note too that the performance of these students has continued to deteriorate year after year. It is understood that if the situation in English Language remains like this, it will affect both the economic and technological growth of the state. This is because a good mastery of English language is mandatory on all students in order to do well in other secondary school subjects. Students who are handicapped in English language are therefore likely to be handicapped in the acquisition of skills in arts and technological related subjects.
From the foregoing, therefore, we can conclude that English language is an indispensable language of communication in Kaduna.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
This research as stated above concerns itself with the study of strategies for improving low academic performance in English language by suggesting possible solution to the following questions:
What are the attitude/feelings of the students towards the studying of English language?
What account for the decline in performance in the subject (English language)?
Do they have enough material and human resources for the teaching and learning process?
Do they understand the subject very well?
Does the Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) syllabus have either a positive or a negative effect on the student performance?
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF ICT IN TEACHING BUSINESS EDUCATION IN NIGERIA( A CASE STUDY OF OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE)» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION Background of the Study There has been increasing interest in introducing innovations such as Information and Communication Tec...Continue Reading »
2. TEACHERS QUALITY ON PERFORMANCE OF JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN INTEGRATED SCIENCE IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION Background to The Study Teachers’ quality has been the focus of considerable debated worldwide since the middle of 20th cent...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Primary education is the foundation a child requires in his or her educational pursuit. The quali...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The role of educational technology in teaching and learning is rapidly becoming one of the most i...Continue Reading »
5. THE EFFECT OF PARENTAL INFLUENCE ON THE CHOICE OF CAREERS AND ROLES PLAYED IN ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENT» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to identify the effects of parental influence has on the child’s learning and his future life, endeavour of stude...Continue Reading »
6. THE INFLUENCE OF DRUG ABUSE ON ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT The objective of this study is to identify the influence of drug abuse on academic of Secondary School Students in Kaduna South Local Governm...Continue Reading »
7. IMPACT ICT HAS ON SOCIAL STUDIES IN SELECTED JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN KAJURU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The role of technology in teaching and learning is rapidly becoming one of the most important and...Continue Reading »
8. PERCEPTION OF MOTHERS ON THE TEACHING OF SEX EDUCATION AT JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL LEVEL IN OHAOZARA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT This study sought to examine the perception of mothers on the teaching of sex education at Junior Secondary School Level in Ohaozara Local Go...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECTS OF COGNITIVE BEHAVIOUR AND SOCIAL LEARNING THERAPIES ON MANAGING ADOLESCENTS AGGRESSIVENESS IN SECONDARY SCHOOL» ABSTRACT The work Effects of cognitive behaviour and social learning therapies on managing adolescents aggressiveness in Secondary school is concerned...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPORTANCE OF SOCIAL WORKERS IN AN HOSPITAL (A CASE STUDY OF PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL, USELU, BENIN CITY)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY There are many notions of what the role of a social worker should be; we identify the more preval...Continue Reading »