Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Table of Contents
Title page - - - - - - - - - - i
Approval page - - - - - - - - - ii
Declaration - - - - - - - - - - iii
Dedication - - - - - - - - - - iv
Acknowledgement - - - - - - - - v
Table of Contents - - - - - - - - vi
Abstract - - - - - - - - - - x
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
Background of the Study - - - - - - 1
Statement of the Problem - - - - - - 3
Purpose of the Study - - - - - - - - 4
Significance of the Study - - - - - 4
Research Questions - - - - - - - 5
Scope of the Study - - - - - - - 5
CHAPTER TWO: REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
Rationale for the Motivation of Building technology teachers 6
What is motivation? - - - - - - - 7
Deficiency Needs of Building technology teachers - - 16
Growth Need of Building technology teachers - - - 17
Job Satisfaction and Dissatisfaction - - - - 18
Incentives - - - - - - - - - - 20
Summary - - - - - - - - - - 27
Problem of Learning - - - - - - - - - 28
Motivating the Building technology teachers - - - 29
Summary of Review of Related Literature - - - 33
CHAPTER THREE: METHODOLOGY
Research Design - - - - - - - - 34
Area of the Study - - - - - - - 34
Population - - - - - - - - - - 34
Sample - - - - - - - - - - 34
Instrument for Data Collection - - - - - 35
Validation of the Instrument - - - - - - 36
Reliability of the Instrument - - - - - - 36
Data collection - - - - - - - - 36
Method of Data Analysis - - - - - - 37
CHAPTER FOUR: PRESENTATION AND DATA ANALYSIS
CHAPTER FIVE: SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Restatement of the Problems- - - - - - - 41
Summary - - - - - - - - 41
Major Findings - - - - - - - - - 42
Discussion of Finding - - - - - - - - 43
Implication of the Study - - - - - - 45
Recommendation - - - - - - - 45
Suggestion for further study - - - - - - - 46
Conclusion - - - - - - - - - 46
References - - - - - - - - - - 48
The study sought to identify the motivational needs of Building technology teachers in technical colleges in Niger state. Among the specific purpose of the study were: The study identified the deficiencies, growth needs and problems of Building technology teachers in carrying out their duties, Literature was reviewed pertinent to the study. The design of the study was descriptive survey. The study covered all the building technology teachers in the twelve educational zones of the state. The population of the study is 125 Building technology teachers. There was no sampling since the population is not so large. Well structured questionnaire was used which was made up of the three sections. The cronbach Alpha method was used and the data obtained was analyzed using mean statistic. The findings revealed that housing transportation and medical facilities were some of the deficiencies needs of the respondents while promotion, in –service training , office accommodation were some of the growth need of the respondents and some of the problems Building technology teachers faced, were lack of classrooms and laboratories. The implication of this finding was that lack of motivation of the Building technology teachers will result in poor performances of students. Some of the recommendations made were, Building technology teachers, parents and the whole community, should be involved in decision making concerning the students and in-services course made compulsory.
Background of the Study
The most important element in an organization is human resources or labour. Employee motivation is the greatest impacts that spur the labour to high productivity leading to growth in modern organization. For an organization to successfully motivate its employees, it has to cater for the needs of its staff. In the act of teaching there are two parties, the teachers and the learners who work together in source program designed to modify the learner’s behavior and experiences in some ways. It is necessary to begin with observation about the teacher and his needs(Irowi, 1999).
Maslow (2004) proposed a hierarchy of human needs based on two groupings: deficiency needs and growth needs. Maslow said all human beings take all the needs to organizational settings. Thus, the principal who wishes to elicit the best helping the Building technology teachers achieved these needs. These needs are physiological, safety, belonginess and love, esteem and self actualization needs. What is required of a teacher is to be capable of sharing work program with students designed to modify their behavior and experience. This means making relevant experience available to the students at the right time. The teacher can do all these if his needs are met or provided for.
Statistics from Ministry of Education (2001) has shown that Niger state has 149,751 male students 54,355 female students. 283 post – primary schools, out of which only 25 are boarding schools. The number of technical teachers are 4,272 male and 2,037 female Building technology teachers. The technical teachers are responsible for assessing, to do all these jobs well, their needs must be provided for.
Irowi (1999) observed that a teacher who is poorly trained or by the virtue of his low job satisfaction due to poor condition of service and other related welfare is that the product job at teaching, the result is that the product from such a teacher would be low quality. As a result of inadequate motivation, technical teachers are demoralized in undertaking their duties.
Although many Building technology teachers are dedicated but due to the lack of the training programs to keep them up to date in the new innovation in teaching methods, it set a limitation to their performance and student achievement. For Building technology teachers to be effective they need to be motivated, trained, supplied with the necessary teaching and learning materials. Due to the enormous importance of the technical teachers in any educational system, there is the need to find how to improve upon the quality of the Building technology teachers and areas where improvement is needed to enhance their performance so as to raise the quality of education in schools.
Statement of the Problem
The background had shown that innovation is an aspect of workers life that boost their morals to be more committed and dedicated to work. Comparison of financial stand of Building technology teachers in Kano state and Zamfara state show that take – home salaries of NCE newly employed Building technology teachers is N29,740 while B.Ed N32,195 while Zamfara NCE Building technology teachers is N24,690 and B.Ed N38,451. In Niger state, NCE newly employed teacher get N20,680 and B.Ed N32,400. From the above statement Building technology teachers salaries in Niger state is low.
Due to this low motivation in Niger state, it has affected performance of students in technical colleges examination in the past five years which is 35.98% (Education resources center, 2010).
From this it is imperative that a study should be carry out on motivational needs of Building technology teachers in Niger state.
Purpose of the Study
The main purpose of this study is to identify motivational needs of Building technology teachers in Niger state. Specifically the study would find out the:-
1. Growth needs of building technology teacher in technical colleges in Niger state
2. The problems of affecting the performance of Building technology teachers in Niger state
3. Motivational strategies for enhancing the performance of needs of Building technology teachers in Niger state
Significance of the Study
The outcome of the study will be of immense benefits to the educational planners and administrators, technical colleges, building technology teachers, students and the society at large. The study will be highly beneficial to the curriculum planners and educational administrators as the findings will afford them the opportunity to know the problems of technical teachers. The findings will also benefits the technical colleges to encourage the teachers to carry out their duty and enhance the performance of the students.
The findings will also assist the teachers to improve on their knowledge and skills in teaching the students, it will help the teachers to stimulate and maintain the interest of the students. The findings of this study will also help the students to acquire basic skills to meet the industrial requirement that can face the challenges of the world of work occasioned by dynamic technological changes.
The findings of the study will also benefits the society as the students will acquire relevant skills to the world of work and reduce the level of unemployment in the society. It help to retain and improve the job opportunities, retraining and career progress of building technology teachers and students.
The following research questions were formulated to guide the study:-
1. What are the growth needs of Building technology teachers in Niger state?
2. What are the problems affecting the performance of building technology teachers in technical colleges in Niger state?
3. What are the motivational strategies for improving the performance of building technology teachers in technical colleges in Niger state?
Scope of the Study
This study focuses on motivational needs of building technology teachers in technical colleges in Niger state.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF REWARD AND PUNISHMENT OF STUDENTS ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS OF SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OREDO LOC...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Reward and punishment are regarded as a complete important means through which a teacher can maintain...Continue Reading »
2. THE EFFECTS OF INTEGRATED GROUP BASED MASTERY LEARNING MODEL ON SOCIAL STUDIES STUDENTSâ€™ ACHIEVEMENT IN BENIN CITY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study The recent socio political and economic changes in the world and within nations have brought about ch...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION THE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The educational system is a key area where it is possible to intervene and present entrepreneursh...Continue Reading »
4. THE EXTENT OF THE USE OF AUDIOVISUAL MATERIAL IN TEACHING AND LEARNING OF SOCIAL STUDIES IN ENUGU EAST» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUTION Teaching and learning activities are interesting when audio visual materials are used effectively and efficiently in a classro...Continue Reading »
5. A STUDY OF PROVERBS 23:29-35 AND THE EFFECTS OF ALCOHOLISM IN NIGERIAN SOCIETY: THE ROLE OF THE CHURCH» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Alcohol has many usage and contrasting connotations. A glass of wine with a meal can symbolize Lo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In Nigeria today, Education is the key and easiest way to freedom, a better life and poverty redu...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page Certification Dedication Acknowledgement Abstract CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Statement of the Prob...Continue Reading »
8. THE EFFECT OF CLASS SIZE ON EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL”» ABSTRACT The purpose of this research work is to investigate the effect of class size in effective teaching and learning of christian religious studie...Continue Reading »
9. HEALTH EFFECT OF STREET HAWKING AMONG CHILDREN A CASE STUDY OF TUDUN WADA KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background of the Study Water sustains life; therefore its constant availability is of paramount importance to ensure the continuity o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Continuous assessment is one of the new concepts introduced in the Nigeria educational system with th...Continue Reading »