Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 40 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Background of the Study
Improvisation is the making of invention a piece of science teaching equipment in an emergency situation.
Improvisation is therefore an essential part of basic technology for the purpose maximizing the use of the available resources in order to achieve the teaching aims and objectives. Improvisation enables teaching and learning process to become easier for teaching and students.
This is because students learn best when the subject matter is brought practically since the more the senses are stimulated, the more a person learns and the more they retains what they learnt. In line with this Kayode (2010) resourcefulness in improvisation. Lola (2005). Consequently pointed out that effective teaching and learning of technical subject is only achieved through proper utilization of improvised material. FRN (2014) stated that improvisation is the creating something spontaneously or making something from whatever is available around the environment, the production of improvised material can be at little or no physical cost would be required by the class room teacher. Oxford dictionary, define improvisation as inventing or making from whatever is available when the real item or object is not available. In this present era where the need of technical education in greatly increasing, and the instructional materials to teach the subject are either not available or not adequate. Since the fund allocated to technical education is not enough to meet the adequate provision of instructional material acquisition of improvisation skills among the technical teachers is the only way to salvage the situation in Nigeria.
Guthrie (1999) define skills as the ability to bring about some end result with maximum certainty and minimum out lay of energy and time. A novice could conceive execute a flawless motor skill, yet not to be able to perform it consistently, or with as little effort relative to an expert performer. Technical Education is an aspect of education designed to prepare student for industry agriculture, commerce, home economics which is usually provided at school. The national policy on education (NPE) it defined technical education as the aspect of education that leads to the acquisition of practical and applied skills as well as basic scientific knowledge. In this sense, it form a practical segment of education that involves skills acquisition, it also entails the enrichment of the capabilities that influence the effective psychomotor or cognitive domains in order to satisfy their intrinsic and extrinsic value.
The objective of technical education according to the national policy on education 1986.
1. To enhance individual employability
2. To prepare students for indentified technical spanning several area of activities.
3. To provide an alternative for those intending to pursue higher education without particular interest or purpose.
4. To provide opportunities to fulfill the needs of women, rural and tribal students and the deprived section of society.
5. To give opportunities for professional growth, career improvement and lateral entry into courses of general, technical and professional education through appropriate bridge courses.
6. To reduce the level of unemployment by providing self- employment scheme.
7. To help student understands the scientific and technological aspects of contemporary civilization.
Statement of the Problem
The study is concerned with the mechanism for improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology in secondary school in Kaduna inspectorate division, researchers carried out investigation on improvisation skill on teachers and noted that they lack skills.
It is universally acknowledged that teaching aids assists in the teaching of technical subjects (Fashola 2016). But where teaching aids are not available, teachers are expected to improvise.
Purpose of the Study
This study sees the mechanism for improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology in secondary school in Kaduna inspectorate division especially the study will.
1. Find out whether teachers have adequate improvisation skills.
2. Find out if the available skills meet up with the present demand.
3. Investigate method of improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology.
Significance of the Study
This study will help the teachers basic technology improve their improvisation skills for the effective teaching of basic technology in secondary school.
Since one of the major problem is lack of improvisation skills among teachers it will also serve as a guide and then educate teachers in this area, even those who have the skills will be gingered to improved on it to meet the current trend. Government and policy makers will also see the trend to create more favorable policy to help in training teachers acquire improvisation skills also private sectors will also invest in the training of technical skills.
1. What are the improvisation skills possessed by teachers.
2. What are the avaliable skills that makes the teachers to meet up with the present demand.
3. What are the methods used to investigate the improvisation skills among teacher of Basic Technology
Scope of the Study
This project is concern with the mechanism for improvisation skills among teachers of Basic Technology in Kaduna inspector division.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INVESTIGATION INTO THE USE OF ADULT EDUCATION AS AN AGENT FOR SOCIAL CHANGE IN NIGERIA; A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED INSTITUTION IN BAYELSA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Every government strives through investment to achieve social development for the wellbeing of her ci...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY In recent years, intensive research and development has been done in the area of project risk managem...Continue Reading »
» ...Continue Reading »
4. THE INFLUENCE OF HOME BACKGROUND ON THE CAREER CHOICE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ESAN CENTRAL LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Home is a place in which children learn to interpret realities (Wary and Passman, 1996) parents serve...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study attempts to explain the socio cultural factors influencing student's career choice in Kosofe Local Government area of Lagos State....Continue Reading »
» 1.0 INTRODUCTION The years before a child reaches kindergarten are among the most critical in his or her life to Influence learning (ED.gov, 2010); an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Deviant behaviour can be defined as not keeping to the rules or norms of the society, or the scho...Continue Reading »
8. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN DRUG ABUSE AND TONE OF DISCIPLINE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OWAN EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study From independence, the secondary school system of education in Nigeria experienced a high level of di...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project helps to know how Nigerian Video Movies influence on secondary school students in Enugu South L.G.A. Since movies is considered ...Continue Reading »
10. ASSESSING THE STUDENTS PERFORMANCE IN CHEMISTRY IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION IN ENUGU URBAN ENUGU STATE FROM 2002-2004» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In accordance with Oxford Advanced Learners’ Dictionary the 5th Edition 1995, science can be define...Continue Reading »