Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research assessed guidance and counseling service in Abubakar Gumi College, Sabo Kaduna. Efforts were made to assess the conditions the quality of the available counselors and awareness created in the students. The results showed that the Guidance Counselor, through qualified, is not efficient and adequate. The guidance programme is poor organized with no facilities such as guidance counseling offices, large enough for group counseling libraries, computers, and shelves etc. students also do not show any interest in the programme since their interests were not aroused. All of these shortcomings have contributed to student’s poor academic performance in both internal and external examination.
Background of the Study
It has been very glaring that Guidance and Counseling has been lacking in our educational system, until recently, this discipline has been grossly omitted in the system. Due to the absence of career guidance, many students have not got the proper skill to function effectively in the world of work. A good number of students have not been able to examine their potentialities and attempt to find career that will bring them job satisfaction; this may be attributed to either not Listening to a guidance counsel or not receiving counsel at all. It is therefore imperative to expose out students to various methods or ways of choosing the right career, this cannot be over emphasized. It has been discovered that most schools do not have a functional guidance and counseling rather what exist is a miniature office occupied by teaching staff who offers skeletal guidance occasionally to students a wall as still teach his/her complete weekly periods, hence not having time for the guidance and counseling services.
In view of this schools are encouraged to have a solid and functional guidance and counseling programme being headed bya qualified counselor to meet the individual needs of the students.Dove international school limited,Akwa ibom state is situated in the western part of Akwa ibom state in Ibesikpo Asutan local government area.
The school is fairly a large one with a population of approximately one thousand,six hundred and 4 students hence, it obviously needs the services of more than one qualified guidance counselor, to meet the guidance needs of the students.
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The research is designed to examine and avert the various problems associated with students studying courses that find no relevance to our society, hence the need to enquire whether the students had no form of guidance while in secondary school. Specifically, this study.
1) Investigate current Guidance and counseling programmes practiced in our secondary schools with specific reference to Dove international school limited in Ibesikpo Asutan in Akwa ibom state.
2) Ascertain the extent to which the available guidance counselors engages in the programme as well as the extent to which students actually makes use of the available guidance counsel.
3) Identify strategies for improvement and promote effective guidance counseling programme in our secondary schools.
4) Identify strategies for improvement and promotion of effective guidance counseling programme in our secondary school.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The national Policy on Education advocated for the implementation of guidance and counseling programmes in schools’ curricula. However, since this implementation one will expect the level of discipline in our schools to rise, rather there seem to be a current upsurge in the acts of indiscipline, riots and poor academic results. It had become increasingly difficult to control large schools which Dove international school,Ibesikpo Asutan is one of such.This study, therefore, intends to look into the functionability of guidance services, the challenges involved and how it can be improved. It is expected that in secondary schools, guidance assistance offered should be very effective to enable students, attain academic success, remove personal or emotional problems and also teach them how to deal and handle complicated inter – personal relationship with others around.
The study is expected to enhance better communication between the students and the counselors as well as the authorities of schools, since communication is an important ingredient for effective and successful counseling. The research work will be useful to the government in improving guidance in our secondary schools. In addition, further researchers in this related field of study will find this research useful.
1. How much does the students known about the guidance and counseling.
2. How adequate and qualified are the personnel in change of guidance and counseling in Dove international school limited?
3. Are there adequate facilities for guidance services?
4. Is the school providing the necessary environment and encouragement needed for the services?
5. What is the relationship between the counselor and the students well as other member of staff?
6. Does a functional guidance service exist in the school?
SCOPE AND DELIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This scope examined the challenges, constraints, support and encouragement given to guidance in secondary schools.
However, due to the time constraint and duration permitted for the study, the research was restricted to Dove international school limited,Ibesikpo Asutan only.
It examined the effectiveness of the counselor as well as the knowledge of student about the service and the relationship between the counselor, the students and the management of the school.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» 1.0 INTRODUCTION The years before a child reaches kindergarten are among the most critical in his or her life to Influence learning (ED.gov, 2010); an...Continue Reading »
2. ROLE OF CITIZENSHIP EDUCATION TOWARDS CONTROLLING HUMAN TRAFFICKING IN EHIME MBANO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA.» Abstract The main aim of this study is to find out role of citizenship education towards controlling human trafficking in Ehime Mbano Local Government...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Early years in life are the most important to the formation of intelligence, personality and social behaviour of a child. TheNursery or Early...Continue Reading »
4. EFFECTS OF CONCEPT-MAPPING AND DISCUSSION-BASED TEACHING METHODS ON STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT IN BOTANICAL CLASSIFICATION OF PLANTS IN UYO METR...» ABSTRACT This study investigated the comparative effects of using concept mapping and discussion based teaching methods on students academic achieveme...Continue Reading »
5. A STUDY OF THE COMMON DIFFICULTIES ENCOUNTERED BY STUDENTS IN CHEMISTRY PRACTICAL CLASS IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN UHUNMWONDE L. G. A. OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION The technological advancement of any country depends on the scientific background of such country. Chemistry teaching pra...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to examine the role of early childhood education in the implementation of sustainable development goals using Fede...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY As long as human being need each other in behaviour and action economic activities as well as adm...Continue Reading »
8. THE IMPACT OF INSTRUCTIONAL RESOURCES AND MATERIALS IN THE TEACHING OF CHEMISTRY IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS» ABSTRACT The aim of this study is to examine the impact of instructional Resources/ materials for teaching chemistry in secondary schools in Awka, Ana...Continue Reading »
9. PROBLEMS OF EDUCATING THE PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED CHILDREN IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, EKIADOLOR-BENIN)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The handicapped children are gifted children who have ability to be educated irrespective of their di...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Origin of English language: English language originated in the North Western Europe, going by the...Continue Reading »