Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Accounting aims, as an information system, to provide various users with different forms of useful information to meet their various needs. Therefore, accounting seeks to take advantage of the surrounding circumstances in order to improve the quality and quantity of information and the delivery mechanism to users. The relationship between accounting and the computer began in the sixties of the last century. This relationship continued to evolve, and expanded in the eighties of the last century due to the development of the network and decision-support systems when it took a broader dimension and more flexible known as the computerization of accounting. Recently, as a result, several accounting software developed to be popular on the shelves (off the shelf) shops to become accessible to most interested in them at reasonable cost. (Mash’hour, 2002, p 9). On the other hand, although there are some organizations that prefer to develop their own programs, either by themselves or through professionals, multi business organizations recently adopted the use of comprehensive business systems contain several sub-systems including accounting system.
There may be good policy system accounting, but when it comes to implementation it is not really of which are some factors that are responsible for this. For the purpose of this study, accounting system that was evaluated will be includes in management of revenue and disbursement of the resources. The basic fact is that whatever the act of misappropriation or mismanagement, it will take either of these two ways. One of those focused is how the accounting system operates and it is in compliance with guiding principles of accounting profession. If so, are the principles in practices. In order to appreciate the magnitude of services required from the accountant and management staff, there are different types of account that are maintained, such accounts are: balance sheet, income and expenditure, statement of cash flow, fixed assets accounts, income from academic operation accounts, debtors and creditors account as well. The study in this regard wishes to examine improving the effectiveness of accounting system in education sector
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Currently, the world and human life has been transformed from information age to a knowledge age (Curtis, 1995), and knowledge has been recognised as the most valuable asset. In fact, knowledge is not impersonal like money and does not reside in a book, a data bank or a software program (Choe, 1996). Choe believed that knowledge is always embodied in a person, taught and learned by a person, used or misused by a person. Accounting information is an unbiased tool for an effective administration. Poor accounting information jeopardizes administrative effectiveness, which makes managers malnourished administratively especially in Nigerian construction industry. The consequence of this has been the current distressed syndrome that Nigerian education sector are facing. Huber (1999) stressed that organization must learn to manage their intellectual assets (i.e. knowledge) in order to survive and compete in the ‘knowledge society’. Indeed, knowledge management is concerned with the exploitation and development of the knowledge assets (Chang, 2001). It is on these premises that the study wishes to examine the effectiveness of accounting system in the education sector.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The main aim of the research work is to examine the ways of improving the effectiveness of accounting system in education sector. Other specific objectives of study include:
1. to examine the effect of accounting system on the allocation of resource in the education sector in Nigeria
2. to examine the role of effective accounting system in fraud detection and prevention in Auchi polytechnic
3. to examine the relationship between accounting system and the development of the educational sector of Nigeria
4. to investigate on the factors affecting effective accounting system in the educational sector of Nigeria
5. to proffer solution to the above stated problems
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
The study came up with research questions so as to ascertain the above stated objectives. The research questions for the study are stated below as follows:
1. What is the effect of accounting system on the allocation of resource in the education sector in Nigeria?
2. What is the role of effective accounting system in fraud detection and prevention in Auchi polytechnic?
3. What is the relationship between accounting system and the development of the educational sector of Nigeria?
4. What are the factors affecting effective accounting system in the educational sector of Nigeria?
1.5 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: effective accounting system does not improve the education sector in Nigeria
H1: effective accounting system improves the education sector in Nigeria
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The study on improving the effectiveness of accounting system in education sector is significant in that; it will discuss all the areas of accounting lapses in the educational sector of Nigeria, it will also proffer solution to the problem faced by the education sector in proper record keeping and resource location. Finally the study will be of great assistance to the existing literature and to other research students that wishes to carryout similar research on the above topic.
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The study on improving the effectiveness of accounting system in education sector will be limited to Auchi polytechnic, Auchi. The research work will cover the areas of the use of accounting system and its role in proper record keeping in Auchi polytechnic, Auchi.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF INSTRUCTIONAL RESOURCES AND MATERIALS IN THE TEACHING OF CHEMISTRY IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS» ABSTRACT The aim of this study is to examine the impact of instructional Resources/ materials for teaching chemistry in secondary schools in Awka, Ana...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF TEACHERS QUALITY ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS( A CASE STUDY OF NKANU EAST LGA)» ABSTRACT Education plays a very significant role in the development of any nation. For a nation to pass its culture from generation to generation, in ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the study Generally in the whole world, particularly in Nigeria, education has been considered to be the corner...Continue Reading »
4. PERCEPTION OF PRE-MARITAL SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP AMONG STUDENTS OF TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS(CASE STUDY OF DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY ABRAKA)» ABSTRACT This study focuses on the "Perception of premarital sex among students in higher education The challenges of sex before marriage have drawn c...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Academic dishonesty, or more commonly known as cheating and plagiarism, has been a constant probl...Continue Reading »
6. AM ASSESSMENT ON THE RELEVANCE OF MODERN INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS IN TEACHING HAUSA LANGUAGE (A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOL I...» TABLE OF CONTENT Title Page i Approval Page ii Dedication iii Acknowledgment iv Table of Content v CHAPTER ONE: BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY 1.1 Introducti...Continue Reading »
7. FACTORS AFFECTING THE PERFORMANCE OF ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC STUDENTS IN TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL COLLEGES IN KADUNA STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS TITLE PAGE i DECLARATION ii APPROVAL PAGE iii DEDICATION iv ACKNOWLEDGMENTS v TABLE OF CONTENTS vi LIST OF TABLE vii ABSTRACT ix CHA...Continue Reading »
8. THE APPLICATION OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TO THE LEARNING AND TEACHING OF ECONOMICS IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In today’s world, the use of adoption of information technology (ICT) in teaching of economics ...Continue Reading »
9. ANALYSIS OF STUDENTS’ PERFORMANCE IN WASSCE ON THE MANAGEMENT OF PUBLIC SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ZARIA AND GIWA EDUCATION ZONES, KADUNA STATE, NI...» ABSTRACT This study aims at analyzing the Students‟ Performance in (WASSCE) on the management of public senior secondary schools in Zaria and Giwa E...Continue Reading »
10. TEACHERS’ AND STUDENTS’ USE OF SCHOOL LIBRARIES FOR DEVELOPING READING CULTURE IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS» ABSTRACT This study investigated the teachers and students’ use of school and class libraries for developing reading culture in senior secondary...Continue Reading »