Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 53 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the study
Economics is a social science that studies how individuals, governments, firms and nations make choices on allocating scarce resources to satisfy their unlimited wants. Economics is concerned with human behavior such as how people earn their living and make a choice between alternatives to satisfy their wants. It focuses on the study of firms and the government whose activities are geared to the production of goods and services for the satisfaction of human want since economics is concerned with human behavior. So economics is a social science, and like any science subject, the reasoning procedure in economics is methodological, its analysis is systematic, and the validity of its various theories.Economic education is vital to the future health of our nation’s economy. It gives our students the building blocks for a successful financial future. It empowers students by giving them the knowledge and tools to improve theirwell being. Economists recognize that developing basic economic and financial knowledge is an important goal for a democratic society that relies heavily on informed citizens and personal economic decision-making. When households are capable of building wealth, they are also capable of building more economically stable neighborhoods and communities.The study of Economics plays an important role throughout our lives. Today, economic issues are drawing the attention of every citizen directly or indirectly. It is therefore, appropriate to include Economics as a distinct area of study in the system of school learning particularly because for most of the students it will be a terminal stage. At the same time it fits within the frame of schooling wherein it is advocated that education should be relevant to the needs of students. Economics, in comparison to other social science subjects has an edge in providing certain job opportunities to the learners and open the gates for various occupations, if they pursue the study of the subject further. Another reason why Economics teaching is necessary is that there are many changes occurring in our economy like privatization, liberalization and the outside forces are influencing it like globalization etc. This makes a strong case for imparting economic education to all the students so that they may understand these new concepts and issues are related with economy. Further, the learning of Economics helps the student to participate effectively in economic and social affairs and to take intelligent decisions in day-to-day life. At the same time the democratic system which we have adopted will succeed only when we win the race on economic fronts. In the interests of our own survival and of the nation, there is no education more important than that which helps us to understand our economic problems and reflect on them. From all these angles, Economics teaching - learning become cogent and highly significant in modern times. Economics at the secondary school stage has been developed with some difference, generally not found in the formal education system at this stage. The whole idea behind arranging the units in the present form is to make Economics teaching more useful, nearer to the environment of the learner and to build economic literacy.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Economic education is vital to the future health of our nation’s economy. It gives our students the building blocks for a successful financial future. It empowers consumers by giving them the knowledge and tools to improve their economic well being. It is the best investment we can make to strengthen our nation’s economy. With this view the researcher wants to investigate the importance of studying economics in secondary schools
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The general objective of the study is importance of studying economics in secondary schools while the following are the specific objectives of this study:
1. To ascertain the importance of studying economics in secondary schools
2. To develop students an understanding of nation’s physical and human resources and their potentialities for economic development
3. To ascertain whether Economics should be made compulsory for all science students in secondary schools
4. To ascertain whether students have positive attitudes towards Economics.
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
For the successful completion of the study, the following research hypotheses were formulated by the researcher;
H0: there is no importance of studying economics in secondary schools
H1: there is importance of studying economics in secondary schools
H02:Economics should not be made compulsory for all science students in secondary schools
H2:Economics should be made compulsory for all science students in secondary schools
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It is believed that at the completion of the study, the findings will be of benefit to ministry of education. The study will help the students and the general public to know the important of studying of economic. The study will also be of great benefit to the researchers who intends to embark on research on similar topics as it will serve as a guide. Finally, the study will be of great importance to academia’s, lecturers, teachers, students and the general public.
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study covers importance of studying economics in secondary schools. The researcher encounters some constrain which limited the scope of the study;
a) AVAILABILITY OF RESEARCH MATERIAL: The research material available to the researcher is insufficient, thereby limiting the study
b) TIME: The time frame allocated to the study does not enhance wider coverage as the researcher has to combine other academic activities and examinations with the study.
c) Organizational privacy: Limited Access to the selected auditing firm makes it difficult to get all the necessary and required information concerning the activities.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
STUDYING: The effort to acquire knowledge, as by reading, observation, or research: The study of language has overturned many misconceptions. b. An act or effort made in the pursuit of knowledge: applied himself to his studies. c. A branch of knowledge or department of learning: the study of geography; graduate studies.
ECONOMIC: Economics is a social science concerned with the production, distribution and consumption of goods and services.
SECONDARY SCHOOL: Secondary school is the next step up from primary school. Secondary schools are often called high schools in the United States. In Britain, secondary schools may be public schools, grammar schoolsor comprehensive schools.
1.8 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study. Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature. Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. COMPARATIVE STUDY OF COGNITIVE ACHIEVEMENT IN CHEMISTRY AND AFFECTIVE ATTITUDE OF SENIOR SECONDRY TWO CHEMISTRY STUDENTS IN SOKOTO METROPOLIS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Chemistry is one of the important science subject taught at the senior secondary school (SSS) lev...Continue Reading »
2. ANALYSIS OF FACTORS INFLUENCING THE STUDY OF BUSINESS STUDIES IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS (A case study of keffi LGA Nasarawa)» ABSTRACT This research sets out to investigate the analysis of factors influencing the study of business studies in junior secondary school in Keffi L...Continue Reading »
3. ATTITUDE OF FEMALE SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS TOWARDS TECHNICAL EDUCATION IN KADUNA STATE, A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA NORTH LGA.» Abstract The purpose of this study is to appraise the attitude of female secondary school students towards technical education in Kaduna State, a case...Continue Reading »
4. A STUDY OF GENDER DIFFERENCES IN THE ATTITUDE OF STUDENTS TO SCIENCE SUBJECT IN SECONDARY SCHOOL IN OSUN STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Sex differences in humans have been studied in a variety of fields. In humans, biological sex is ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY There are so many indicators in the literature that examination is one of the most controversial ...Continue Reading »
6. A CRITICAL ANALYSIS OF CAUSES AND EFFECT OF MASS FAILURE OF MATHEMATICS IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION» ABSTRACT There has been a problem for some years now, student’s poor academic performance in Senior secondary School certificate examination. It...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE PLANNING ON TEACHING AND CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT ON TEACHING AND LEARNING OF INTREGRATED SCIENCE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Nigerian Educational System has gone through various developments and changes viz a viz curriculu...Continue Reading »
8. THE CONSTRAINTS OF READING DISABILITY ON STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OWERRI NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, IMO STATE» ABSTRACT The study was undertaken to find out the influence of reading disability on secondary school student’s academic performance in Owerri N...Continue Reading »
9. EXAMINATION OF SOCIO-CULTURAL CONSTRAINTS AGAINST WOMEN EDUCATION IN NKWERRE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF IMO STATE.» Abstract The title of this research study is “Examination of socio cultural constraints against women education in Nkwerre local government area...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Time management is at the core of labour productivity in any sector of the economy. Labour produc...Continue Reading »