Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 46 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The purpose of this study is to determine some of the factors responsible for poor health habits in some secondary schools in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State and how they can be minimize. In carry out the study a questionnaire which was the research instrument, designed and administered to principals, vice principals, teachers and parents of the selected schools. The result show that the most common poor health habit of the students are dirtiness, as a result of environmental problem, inadequate school health materials are aids such as textbooks, seats etc. Peer group influence, harsh rules and indiscipline. To each of the these problems a solution has been suggested, for these suggestion are carried out by everybody the problem of poor health habit in the home, community, school and society even the country will be reduce drastically even in the selected schools in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Background of the study
Statement of the problem
Purpose of the study
Limitation of the study
Scope/delimitation of the study
Definition of terms
Review of related literature
Research design and methodology
Population of the study
The sample and sampling techniques
Data collection instrument
Analysis of data
Data presentation and analysis
Summary, recommendations and conclusion
Good health is a priceless asset that is easy to take for granted; students in middle school are faced with many changes that affect many aspects of their lives. During this time, students are desperate to find a place to belong and often make choices that negatively affect academic achievement and their ability to experience optimum health has been the focus of attention people are looking to improve their by regular exercise and changes in life style.
Health as agree is wealth is always awareness that economic and individual growth is not easily achieved without good health.
Health habit was created to provide a holistic approach to natural healing and usual the state of health one maintains.
Overall health comes from recognizing the flaws, the mistakes and life changing decision that are easy to adapted to but not painfully difficult and seemingly impossible.
The poor health habit among school students in some selected secondary schools in Oredo local government area in Edo State has become the concern for this study, to inculcate the importance of health habits at a very delicate the importance of health habits at a very stage or development., in life among the students needs an effort to achieve it. Life style are decisions taken by individuals about their health habits and behaviours which affects one’s health and has little or no control, we cope by fulfilling our basic human health in different healthy and unhealthy ways, sometimes coping and adapting to it, is destructive and hazardous our well being, because we create and adapt to habits as a way of coping with emotional stress of living. Smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol etc. in general, personal decisions and habit that are bad, from a health point of view create self imposed risks. Despite the overwhelming concerns. Schools across the nations are still wondering what the best options are for their students. Despite the issues wellness of the students has not improved, in fact according to the institute of medicine the rate of obesity and overweight has increased among the students. Campaigns for school wellness have been set up to develop life long behaviours of good nutrition and physical activity.
Health science should be establish in various schools so as to be able to inculcate in this students about their health habits particularly students in rural areas and the under privileged because most of this students lack this health facilities either at the school or from the homes. Due to family income, low level of education of the parents and unfavorable areas, in addition teaching of health education should begin at home as soon as the child is able to handle, recognize and identify things and also being able to make use of his/her sense organs in terms of personal cleanliness to ensure that the normal body does not suffer, cleanliness of the body enhances the health of the students through the reduction of germs infesting the human body.
Health education can being with anything and had ports on almost everything that has to do with man’s activities such as cleaning, playing, sweeping, brushing, dusting, tiding up washing of everything’s you can think of so far these reasons, public lectures on health education should be given occasionally and especially to students as regards to the causes and effect of poor health habit. This will uplift the level of well being, prolong human health improve individual quality. Educators have a direct impact on many of this areas and it is important to have a well-developed understanding of the contributing factors so appreciate decisions about interventions can be made especially if they affect parental involvement, it is important to note that contributing factors to the health of the students is not limited to in school only. Nutrition at home and parental involvement at home are important factors. Families that are capable of having at least one parent stay at home will have a different impact than if both parents have to work for survival. This study will identify factors that affect the health of the students in order to understand the issue and to help identify possible opportunities to improve the health of our students. There is no gain saying the fact that health living in any nations help to reduce the countries death rate. Health is something we must practice, always, if we want to live an active and happy.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
This study tends to investigate the factors that are responsible for the poor health habit among secondary students. A lot of factors are responsible for the poor health habits among the pupils in these selected schools. This is the reason why the researcher wishes to look for the following problems which are:
1. Lack of adequate devotion of the parents to the upbringing of their children.
2. Improper guidance of children by parents.
3. Peer pressure.
4. Lack of health education in various schools.
5. Parent orientation on health issues.
6. Lack of toilet facilities bin schools.
1. Does lack of toilet facilities in the school compound affect the health of the students?
2. Does the occupation of the parents affect the health condition of the students?
3. Does lack of healthy life style affect the health of the students?
4. Does lack of adequate devotion in the upbringing of the students affect his/her health?
5. Does lack of health educators in various schools affect the health of the students?
OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objectives of the study are:
1. To examine the importance of P.H.E and the aim of studying it in our various schools.
2. To suggest ways in which parents can help in improving the health of their children.
3. To stress the responsibilities of parents as regards the health habits of their children still in their early stage of development.
4. To suggest the felling and recommend this study to high authorities in health education policy.
5. To determine whether the nature of the school administration has influence the healthy habit exhibited by students
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study to better understands the factors that contribute to the over all wellness of student as it relates the quality of life they lead. For there is no useful studies that can be achieved in an atmosphere of poor health habit, so therefore this study has a primary function to play in order to identify the problems and also seek for recommendation for a long lasting solutions, it is hope that at the end of the study it will be beneficial to both the school students, the parents and society at large, the environment, school officials and educators can become, more aware of the problems surrounding the health of their students and implement better practice during class time. Parents can take information, provide implement healthier activities and options at home during and after school year ends. School officials can implement programme and adopt school-wide programs that will benefit the over all health of their students. Students can learn better habits that will contribute to their over all wellness and development.
SCOPE OF STUDY
The study reason for poor health habit among junior secondary school students is carried out in some selected secondary schools in Oredo local government area of Edo State. This study is an attempt to study the possible factors responsible for the poor health habits of the students. The number interviewed was health teachers, parents and public working place.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
The following terms were used in this study:
Health: A state of complete mental, physical and social well being of the students.
Life style: The way in which an individual or a group lives.
Habit: A thing that a person does often and almost without thinking especially something that5 is hard to stop.
Diet: The food that s person, community etc. habitually eats and drinks.
Upbringing: The treatment and education one receives as a child especially from parents.
Cleanliness: The habit of being clean or keeping things clean.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN APPRAISAL OF THE EFFECT OF EDUCATION TRUST FUND ON ACCOUNTING EDUCATION IN NIGERIA TERTIARY INSTITUTION» ABSTRACT This research undertakes afive year period study of the activities of Education Trust Fund (ETF) upon Nigerian tertiary institutions with ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The high level of moral decadence and insurgencies in Nigerian nation is an indication that there...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Single parenthood can be defined as when one out of two people who is responsible for the nurturing of a child is ...Continue Reading »
4. THE ROLE OF SELF-EFFICACY, EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE AND GENDER ON TEST ANXIETY AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background To The Study Anxiety generally is a physiological and psychological state characterized by cognitive somatic, emot...Continue Reading »
5. IMPACT OF FAMILY CONFLICTS ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE AND INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS OF PUPILS IN PUBLIC PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN NAKURU MUNICIPALITY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Conflict can be defined as the lack of peace in an environment. Conflict in a family therefore re...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Higher education systems have grown exponentially in the last five decades to meet the demands of quality education for all. This aspect has ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background Study The development of any nation or community depends largely on the quality of education of such a nation. It ...Continue Reading »
8. AN ASSESSMENT OF PSYCHO SOCIAL FACTORS THAT INFLUENCE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN ECONOMICS IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS (A CASE STUDY OF KEFFI, NASARRAWA ...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGOUND OF THE STUDY The Nigerian government in her National Policy on Education (2004) sees major subjects like mathematic...Continue Reading »
9. IMPACT OF STUDENTS’ INTEREST ON ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF STUDENTS IN MATHEMATICS IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IPAJA L.C.D.A» Abstract The impact of student interest on the achievement of secondary school students in mathematics in ayobo ipaja L.C.D.A is very pertinent as som...Continue Reading »
10. THE EFFECT OF CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA IN EDO ...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Education is an instrument of social, mental and economic development through which right values and ...Continue Reading »