Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
teaching, it is highly desirable to know exactly what one aims to achieve as it
is in all great undertaking. Instructional materials according to Wiki (1998),
are kind of tools or equipment that can help the instructor effectively in
theory teaching classroom or in practical assessment. They are also materials
that aid in the transference of information from one to another. Also Ilori
(2000) pin-pointed that instructional material are aids the teacher uses to
arouse the interest of the learner there by enabling the learner to gain direct
experience. Instructional materials are assumed to have being in place right
from the primary school level but if not properly utilized, enhancement of
learning is thwarted. The neglect of the use of instructional materials by
teachers pose negative effect in the process of teaching and learning of
integrated science and computer. Merrrel (1993) (p.37) pointed out that at
present, schools are continually faced with financial problem and this could
increase the likelihood that teachers will make more use of free or cheap
teaching materials to supplement their own ageing resources. It is therefore
important that teachers remain vigilant and exercise sound judgment on
approaching what is available to help them teach and their pupils to
The extent to which instructional materials are made available also determines the extent to which they are being utilized in teaching and learning of integrated science and computer. Onwuka (1981) indicated that instructional materials help the teacher to convey the intended message effectively and meaningfully to the learners so that the learner receive, understand, retain and apply the experience gained to reach an educational goal.
Instructional materials are some of the most important devices which both teachers and learners can use to enhance the quality of instruction. They are good sources of acquiring factual information and help to make learning permanent. Man is naturally endowed with five senses: smell, touch, sight, hearing and taste. Learning or change in behavior is through these senses. In effect, these senses should come into play for effective learning. In the classroom the teacher therefore, must sensitize the sense of the learner through the use of instructional materials.
The various topics in junior secondary schools in integrated science and computer demand the use of instructional materials by the teacher from the preparation and delivery of their lessons to student. Instructional materials include all terms of information carriers that can be used to promote and encourage effective teaching and learning activities. They could be in form of text book, reference books, journals, posters, chart, programmed text, non-print materials, such as films, tapes, models, picture ,recorders etc. furthermore instructional materials are anything the teacher turns for help in his goal-seeking activities. The help may be in form of information, idea, formulae, generalization or experiences (Saylor and Alexander (1966).
Tremendous changes have taken place in the development of science and technology. Therefore the Enugu state ministry of education and the school boards are supposed to provide junior secondary school pupils with funds for the procurement of instructional materials likewise, the teacher should use the available materials in his everyday teaching learning process, bearing in mind that the interest of children will be aroused more when they see things in their natural setting and the educational goal will be achieved as well.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
extent of use of instructional materials should not be excluded in teaching and
learning of integrated science and computer. They supply a concrete basis for
conceptual thinking and hence reduce meaningless word responses of students. It
was observed that the result of student in integrated science and computer
education at junior secondary school certificate examinations (JSSCE) are
consistently poor. Some of the causes of this poor achievement is related to
lack of understanding of the concepts. Also the populations of students in
continuation of science subjects in senior secondary schools are drastically
reduced. One would ask, are there no knowledgeable teachers who can impact the
knowledge of the concepts effectively. For a teacher to be effective in her
work, she must know the principles of teaching which also include the use of
instructional materials. Teachers have neglected the use of instructional
materials in teaching and learning of integrated science and computer. They
engage themselves with chalk and talk method which lives the student with
little or no understanding.
This study therefore, tries to determine the extent of utilization of instructional materials in teaching and learning of integrated science and computer in junior secondary schools in Enugu North Local Government Area Enugu State.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The major purpose of this research is to find out the extent of utilization of instructional material in teaching and learning of instructional science and computer in junior secondary school in Enugu North Local Government Area, Enugu State. In the light of this, the specific objectives of the research include:
ascertain the extent to which these instructional material are being utilized
in teaching and learning of integrated science and computer in junior secondary
schools in Enugu North L.G.A Enugu state.
2. To ascertain the factors affecting utilization of instructional materials in teaching and learning of integrated science and computer
3. To find out the possible solutions or strategies through which the use of instructional materials in teaching of integrated science and computer can be increased.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
study seeks to provide answers to the following
1. To what extent are these instructional material being fully utilized in teaching and learning of integrated science and computer in junior secondary in Enugu North L.G.A?
2. Are there factors affecting the use of instructional materials in teaching and learning of integrated science and computer in junior secondary school in Enugu North L.G.A?
3. Are the possible solution or strategies by which the use of instructional materials can be fully increased
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
intended that findings from this research on the interest of use of
instructional material will be of help to both the student, teachers, school
and the government.
1. It exposes the importance of instructional materials which would make students have more understanding on the lessons.
2. The information from this research will help teacher to carry out their task with ease unlike the chalk and talk method where the teacher spend the whole time trying to make the student to understand what is being taught.
3. The information from this research will enable the school administrators to ascertain the availability of instructional materials for teaching integrated science and computer and the extent to which they are being utilized in promoting the new emphases on teaching integrated science and computer in junior secondary schools in Enugu North L.G.A Enugu State
4. The information from the research will also help the bodies, whose duty is to lay educational policies and monitor the progress of the planned educational evolution to ensure that instructional materials are supplied and bottle necks removed in time to facilitate the effective implementation of this National policy on education with reference to teaching of integrated science and computer.
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Because of the large size of population of student in junior secondary sector in Enugu state, the study is narrowed to the case study of junior secondary sector in Enugu North Local Government Area in Enugu State.
However, there were some constraints that tend to interrupt the flow of the study which include;
Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Instructional materials; instructional materials are the tools used in educational lessons, which includes active learning and assessment. Basically, any resource a teacher uses to help him teach his students is an instructional material.
Teaching: A teacher is a person who helps others to acquire knowledge, competences or values. Informally the role of teacher may be taken on by anyone.
Learning: Learning is the process of acquiring new or modifying existing knowledge, behaviors, skills, values, or preferences
Integrated science: Integrated Science is a revolutionary programme provided by many universities of the world. The programme is devoted to providing a wide range of knowledge in various fields of science. There are no exclusive rights for this programme, and every institution can provide its own explanation
Junior secondary school: A middle school is an educational stage which exists in some countries, providing education between primary school and high school.
1.8 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows. Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (background of the study), statement of the problem, objectives of the study, research questions, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope of the study etc. Chapter two being the review of the related literature presents the theoretical framework, conceptual framework and other areas concerning the subject matter. Chapter three is a research methodology covers deals on the research design and methods adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EVALUATION OF THE UNIVERSAL BASIC EDUCATION PROGRAMME IN KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study The Universal Basic Education (UBE) is a broad concept and more ambitious programme than that of the ...Continue Reading »
2. A STUDY OF PROVERBS 23:29-35 AND THE EFFECTS OF ALCOHOLISM IN NIGERIAN SOCIETY: THE ROLE OF THE CHURCH» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Alcohol has many usage and contrasting connotations. A glass of wine with a meal can symbolize Lo...Continue Reading »
3. DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION OF INSTRUMENT FOR MEASURING JOB SATISFACTION AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS IN NIGER STATE» ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The history of marriage dates back to the history of mankind. Biblically, God created the first m...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to Study One of the major problems confronting educational institutions especially secondary school in Nigeria...Continue Reading »
6. PROBLEM OF EXTENDED FAMILY SYSTEM ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STA...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Students performance in secondary schools over the years, have not been very encouraging. This ha...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Higher education systems have grown exponentially in the last five decades to meet the demands of quality education for all. This aspect has ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was on Geography education awareness level among secondary school students in Nsukka L.G.A of Enugu State. Using simple random sam...Continue Reading »
» Table of Contents Title page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of Contents vi Abstract x CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCT...Continue Reading »
10. ASSESSMENT OF SCIENCE LABORATORY FACILITIES ON STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN CHEMISTRY IN KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Educational in every human community, is an indispensable instrument for human progress, empowerm...Continue Reading »