Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 67 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis, Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Teaching method is the main factor necessary for impacting knowledge to the students or pupils. A number of methods have been tested and agreed upon by educators as good. None of the methods is however, perfect and effective for all situations but each of the methods or a combination of them can be used at any particular time to impact our subject matter. (Onwuba E. 1983).
In the past, few methods are used in impacting knowledge into the pupils which sometimes make them boring.
Callahur et al (1977) noted that the method by which the teacher presents his/her materials to the learners and engages them in the task at hand is very important. Methodology is very vital in every teaching and learning situation. This is because, for effective teaching and learning to take place, the skillful teacher needs to use the many different methods and techniques at his command. Even though there is a great diversity in teaching methods and techniques, there is no one of them that can be regarded as the best for every teaching situation. (Onwuka 1982).
A carefully designed teaching method can work wonders in making learning more effective. The success in the use of the method depends on intelligent analysis of the educational purposes, the pupils in the class, the curriculum, and content of the moment or the type of subject matter being taught. (Brown 1990).
There are some methods considered more essential in impacting knowledge on the pupils. Such methods are as follows: Discussion method, discovery method, play method, dramatization method, story telling method, demonstration method, lecture method and field trip method.
Discussion implies the participation of pupils in the process of learning by evaluating points of views, raising issues of their own and seeking solutions based upon study, examination and group analysis under the guidance of the teacher. In order for the discussion class to be effective, the teacher must know how to guide the pupils without dominating the discussion. (Mark 1982).
Demonstration method is a method of simultaneously showing and explaining the steps in an operation. it may also be concerned with an explanation of mechanism or material. This method is used with great effect on subjects or topics that demand acquisition of skills e.g. physical education operating, for instance a sewing machine or typewriter etc (Brown 1981).
Discovery method is a pretty difficult method. It involves providing learners with opportunities to discover new truths, rules, methods of tackling problems as well as new values for themselves. Even though it is time consuming, the time spent is compensated by the joy of discovery. Learners, especially young learners are adventurous by nature. (Nurk 1984).
Project, discovery, experimentation etc, come under activity method in which the learner is actively involved in the learning process. The project method has been defined as a natural life like learning activity involving the investigation and solving of problems by an individual or small group (Okezie 2002).
Lecture method has been defined as a verbal presentation of subject matter, content, formally organized and supported by other learning (Benson and Florence 1992).
The teacher is the active person in lecture. He or she is obliged to tell the students, who more or less are passive.
It is one of the teaching methods that have criticized widely as an inappropriate learning activity for the students (Paul and Rose 1992).
FIELD TRIP METHOD
Field trip as a teaching method provides students with first hand experiences in other words, a field allows pupils to see and observe processes in natural life settings.
The field trip actually takes the school to the Community/society. The educational value of the field trip is the opportunity to discover and explore new information as well as to apply and organize previous knowledge by concrete examples. Apart from saving to develop interest of pupils in earning as they can gather first hand information regarding the topic being discussed in class, field trips help in developing good public relations. (Onwubiko 1988).
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The development of teaching methods is as old and closely associated with evolution of mankind. Since methodology is essential to academic achievement, it should be noted that two teaching methods have more effects on junior secondary school students than one method.
This study therefore, intends to find out the effects of two teaching method on junior secondary school students in Enugu Education zone.
This study is also intended to find out what effect two teaching methods have on the academic achievement of junior secondary school student in the teaching of computer science.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF STUDY
The purposes of these studies are:
A. To ascertain the effect of two teaching methods of computer science on academic achievement of junior secondary school students.
B. To examine the length of impact of two teaching methods of computer science on academic achievement of junior secondary school students.
C. To be able to make recommendation for further studies based on the findings. It is believed by an author (named Nurk 2000) that successful investigation and implementation of findings shall go a long way in reducing little problems if any in effective of teaching methods.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The researchers seek to find answers to the following questions.
1. What are the effects of two teaching methods on academic achievement of junior secondary school students?
2. Do you feel that lack of sufficient teaching methods in teaching and learning are among the factors that encourage the problems encountered in academic achievement of junior secondary students in Enugu Education zone?
3. Do you feel that with teachers providing necessary teaching methods needed in lesson delivery, will help in solving most of the academic problems among junior secondary school students. (Onwuba 1983).
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The study on the effects of two teaching methods of computer science on academic achievements of junior secondary school students in Enugu Education zone will be of great significance to the following: Researchers, students and teachers. It will enable students to know the problems hindering the effects of two teaching methods of computer science on academic achievement of junior secondary school students. It will aid researchers to collect some data for their research backup. It will serve as an eye-opener to the teachers when selecting methods of teaching suitable for a particular subject.
1.6 SCOPE/DELIMINATION OF THE STUDY
As earlier outlined, there are thousand and one of teaching methods problems in lesson delivery.
So the research work was to undertake proper examination in the effects of two teaching methods of computer science on academic achievement of junior secondary school students in Enugu Education zone.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
METHOD: It can be defined as a way of doing something
Especially a systematic way or scientific method
Of doing something.
TEACHING: It can be defined as a process of transferring
Knowledge from the teacher to the students.
METHODOLOGY: It is the method by which the teacher
Presents his materials to the learners and engages them
In the task at hand.
ZONE: It can be defined as an area with a particular features, purpose, or use.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS TOWARDS PRE-MARITAL SEX, IMPLICATION FOR COUNSELLING» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page Title Page i Certification ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of Content vi List of Tables ix Abstr...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study was carried out on the effect of poor attitude of teaching in Nigeria. Teacher’s attitude towards teaching profession can ei...Continue Reading »
3. THE EFFECTS OF PLAY WAY METHOD OF TEACHING AND CONCEPT FORMATION ON THE LEARNING OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN URUAN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA...» ABSTRACT The study of the play way method of teaching and concept formation on the learning of English Language in Primary Schools in Uruan Local Gove...Continue Reading »
4. AN EMPIRICAL ANALYSIS OF THE IMPACT OF GOVERNMENT EXPENDITURE ON ECONOMIC GROWTH OF NIGERIA (1980–2011)» TABLE OF CONTENTS Cover Page Title Page Certification Dedication Acknowledgment Abstract Table of Content Chapter One: Introduction 1.1 Background of ...Continue Reading »
5. HUMAN RESOURCES AND STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN PUBLIC SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN EDUCATION» ABSTRACT This study investigated human resources and students’ academic performance in public senior secondary schools in Education District IV of L...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Education is obviously the basic instrument of economic growth and technological advancement of a...Continue Reading »
7. COUNSELING SERVICES AND ATTITUDE OF JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS TOWARDS INTRODUCTORY TECHNOLOGY IN IBIONO IBOM LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBOM...» 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY There have been significance difference in the academic performance of students in introductory technology; t...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to critically examine the Impact of Entrepreneurial Education on Disabled Students in Enugu Metropolis. The study ...Continue Reading »
9. SURVEY OF CAUSES OF STUDENT’S DIFFICULTIES IN LEARNING ENGLISH LANGUAGE AMONG SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN WAMAKKO L.G.A OF SOKOTO STATE: IMP...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study This study is designed to look at causes of student’s difficulties in learning English lang...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Crude oil is one among other natural resources endowment in a nation by nature. Natural resources...Continue Reading »