Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 40 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Television and advertising together present a lethal combination and has become an integral part of modern society .It is the most convenient route to reach not only consumers but also the children. Children are manipulated by advertisement promise that the product will do something special for them which will transform their life. The present study was conducted on 100 children, studying in class 9th-12th, to know the impact of T.V. Indomie advertisement on their buying pattern. The results revealed that advertisements played a vital role in introducing a new product in the family list & making better choice during shopping. Majority of the respondents after watching an advertisement wanted to buy the new brand introduced in the market, they were disappointed when they were not allowed to buy products of their choice and were of the opinion that TV commercials helped them to make better choice during shopping. Children utilized their pocket money received every month for shopping. The main items purchased from the pocket money were- food, cosmetics, gifts and cards. They mostly went to shopping with parents .Children planned their shopping after discussion with family members. In purchase of food items, stationary, cosmetics and toiletries, children were influenced by TV commercials. In case of clothing they were guided by fashion, friends and boutiques. The respondents preferred to buy branded and standardized products which are more advertised on Television.
1.1 Background of the Study
Today advertisement plays an important role in persuading customers to purchase products and services. On the other hand the expenses of advertisement in comparisons of other activities in most companies are very remarkable. In the present days every company wants to achieve the highest market share. For this purpose every company use different ways to attract customers of different segments of the market and the best way to become market leader. In this challenging environment a company should promote its products in such a way that more and more customers get interest in its products. In this research we will discuss the impact of the television indomie advertisement on the children. To attract children toward the product it is necessary that the advertisement should contain such appeals that are according to their age, mind set and interest for specific product. When children see the advertisement according to their interest, they persuade their parents to purchase that product.
There is very close relationship between advertisement and buying behavior of children’s and we have tried to check the impact of advertisements on children through our research article. The impact of television is vital because of its enormous potential as an audio-visual communicator. Television (T.V.) enables the creative man to communicate by combining motion, sounds, words, color, personality and stage setting to express and demonstrate ideas to large and widely distributed audience.
T.V. commercials usually play a role in either introducing a product reinforcing the familiarity to the product and also convincing to purchase the product. Indomie advertisements are among the most visible of the marketing strategy and have been the subject of a great deal of attention in the last ten to fifteen years. Advertisement cannot only change emotions but give subliminal message. Advertising today seems to be everywhere and ever present exerting a far reaching influence on the daily lives of people. Advertisements develop self-concepts in order to induce purchase decisions. Television advertising employs attention grabbing trick such as catchy and pleasing music, lyrics, Jingles, humor and repeated messages. The impact of the advertisements is more on television than the print media or radio.
Rana (1995) undertook a study on T.V. commercials and expressed that among the media, the impact of television advertisement on social behavior, including purchasing behavior was the greatest. The reason being that television has charm, instantaneous transmission capability and universality of appeal. Dhillon et al. (1997) investigated the factors affecting consumer behavior of durable goods and food items. Sample comprised of 150 children (75 each from rural and urban areas). The sources of information, the rural respondents gave primary importance were, advertisements through radio, followed by posters to some extent but were least affected by magazines. Urban respondents were affected the maximum by television and magazines.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The problems that lead to the study of the impact of television indomie advertisement on children are numerous; children nowadays tends to respond adversely to the advert they watch on the TV and whenever they wish to buy a product or service they usually refer to the view on the advert watched on TV.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The objectives of this study are as follows
1. To examine the effects of TV adverts on children choice of indomie as a product.
2. To identify the problems faced by children when exposed more to TV commercials.
3. To suggest possible prospects to the problems of TV adverts to children.
4. To enable the children to understand how best to utilize media information from the television advert.
5. To highlight the effectiveness of use of television broadcast as means of advertisement.
1.4 Research Questions
This project aims to find answers to the following question;
1) Does children of Erin-Osun expose themselves to television Indomie advertisement?
2) To what extent do children depend on advertisement from television when making choice of product and services?
3) What effects have unethical practice of advertising caused?
4) Has APCON stipulated any measures to curb illegal advertising?
5) Does advertising lack professional application?
1.5 Purpose statement
The purpose of this research is to quantify the effect of television indomie advertisement on children buying behavior.
1.6 Significance of the study
It is the belief of the researcher that this study would serve as immense useful purpose to its potential and prospective users. Children, scholars, consumers of goods and services policy makers, advertisers, advertising agencies and advertising researchers would stand to gain a lot from the facts contained in this work. This study upholds the high standard of an ideal advertising practice and therefore benefits the advertisers and faming consumers of advertised goods and services. It serves as an eye opener to a good sense of advertising because the interest of the consumers is paramount.
1.7 Scope of the Study
This scope of this study is limited to Children in Bori community in Rivers state; however the principle quoted in it can well be applicable to other communities in Nigeria.
1.8 Limitation of the Study
The limitation involved in this work includes the wide nature and time constraint of the study, which resulted in narrowing down the case study to Bori community only.
The following are the limitation that hinders the study of this research work;
1) Financial Constraint: There are not enough funds to fuel the study of this research work. The researcher has access to a very little source of fund.
2) Time Constraints: Due to the limited time available to carry out this research work, it is not possible to carry out the research extensively as anticipated by the researcher.
1.9 Definition of terms
Advertisement: This is the paid form of non personal presentation of goods and services by an identified sponsor.
Television: This refers to an electronic visual and audio media frequencies used for mass communication.
Children: These refers to pupils or teenage who are exposed to advertising messages on the television media.
Effect: This is the impact of television indomie advert on children choice of consumption.
Indomie: These are noodles for instant breakfast on meal.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. PRINCIPAL COMPONENT ANALYSIS OF STUDENTS PERFORMANCE IN ANAMBRA STATE (A CASE STUDY OF BAPTIST SECONDARY SCHOOL ONITSHA, ANAMBRA STATE).» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1. 0 INTRODUCTION When the casual relationship between dependent variable and independent variable have to be explained and i...Continue Reading »
2. FACTORS AFFECTING TEACHING AND LEARNING FRENCH LANGUAGE IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF OSHODI/ISOLO LGA LAGOS STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY French is one language that is taught in every school in Nigerian. It is perceived to be as important...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This survey research conducted to find out the effect of broken homes on primary school pupils academic achievement in Jere Local Government ...Continue Reading »
4. EXTENT OF THE USE OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS IN TEACHING AND LEARNING OF INTEGRATED SCIENCE AND COMPUTER SCIENCE IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In teaching, it is highly desirable to know exactly what one aims to achieve as it is in all grea...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Child abuse is also called cruelty to children; the willful infliction of pain and suffering on child...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Religion is a social institution of a belief system, a mental complex and a system of worship fou...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Educational is design in a way that it will the achievement and mastery of educational objectives...Continue Reading »
8. LEADERSHIP STYLES AND ITS IMPACT ON ORGANISATIONAL PERFORMANCE: A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BREWERIES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY When one hears of leadership as a concept for discussion, he is likely to conceive in his mind nu...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECTS OF THE USE OF AUDIO-VISUAL MATERIALS IN THE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF COMPUTER IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS OF EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT This study evaluated the effects of the use of audio visual materials (AVM) in the teaching and learning of computer in the junior secondary ...Continue Reading »
10. APPRAISAL OF THE INFLUENCE OF SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT ON THE ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF STUDENTS IN SECONDARY SCHOOL IN KADUNA EDUCATIONAL ZONE, KADUNA STATE.» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract ix CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUC...Continue Reading »