Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 65 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis, Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Commercial sex is conventionally known as thetrade of money, goods, property, etc for sexual services rendered or that will be rendered. It has to do with two or more people, being the sex worker and client(s).
Primarily, commercial sex is not constrained to any culture rather, it involves the whole world at large it goes beyond all age constrains because there are instances where young girls of eight nine years are involved. Commercial sex has transcended over the years specifically in Nigeria. This system of making money has transcended over time and has become more confusing and complicated in the sense that there are now male sex workers in Nigeria who have sex with men for commercial purpose. An organization supports them in makurdi, Benue state, Nigeria.
Sex work on the other hand is the supply of sexual services for money or goods. Sex workers are women, men and mixed-gendered people who accept money or goods traded for sexual services and who perceive the activities as a source of income and occupation.
Men and women/girls who are into this trade are liable to contact diseases. It has been discovered and proven that unprotected commercial sex has a major role in many HIV epidemics. There therefore a well-reasoned attestation that HIV transmission can be drasticallyminimized during commercial sex and thus, making an impact too large to be overlooked on the broader dynamics of the epidemic. Howbeit, loop holes in our knowledge considering the exact nature of transmission during commercial sex, stigmatization of sex workers, and the inability to recognize and work hand in hand with a good number of customers, have hinderedquite a number of communities from enhancingproductive prevention campaigns for sex workers and their respective customers.
In recent times, commercial sex has specifically become a thing of great concern and a turn on the country. There has been histories of human trafficking and trespass of people’s human right which has become a concern to the country. Over the years, commercial sex has carried as a wealth producing business in Nigeria specifically among our youths. From the previous research works on that, 45 percent of these sex workers are students. Moreover, there are numerous forms of sex workers and it involves those that stay in the motels, those that stand on the road side, those that operate from home, those that rented and lives in hotels, etc.
The negative effects of this trade on girls in Nigeria and the world at large are too numerous to mention. It is a proven fact that girls who are into this scheme encounter negative effect they make profit out from it. In most cases where there are rape or kidnap incidents, the victims are the sex workers. Sex work has been perceived as the major group for transmission of HIV/AIDS and STD and they face a challenge of isolation all over the world.
Specifically in Nigeria, sex work is perceived to be an illegal business because, the law is against it. Though there has not been any active action that has been taken against it by the government, aside in few states where there movement was restricted by the governors. Irrespective of the efforts made by the government and other private organization to terminate sex work in Nigeria, it has instead transcended to one of the major social problems that have really dealt with the people. It is on this platform that, this research work attempts to find a possible ways of completely eradicating this problem and also to find out the effects of commercial sex workers on girls in Nigeria.
STATEMENT OF THE GENERAL PROBLEM
The negative consequences of commercial sex work both on the society and girls especially cannot be over emphasized, the increase in the cases of commercial sex work has resulted to the increase of cases of sexually transmitted diseases and HIV/AIDS which has regrettably been on the increase in recent times.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The major aim of the study is to examine the effect of commercial sex workers on girls in Benue state and Nigeria by extension. Other specific objectives of the study include;
- To examine the level of commercial sexual work in Nigeria.
- To determine the rate of commercial sex work in Nigeria.
- To know the benefit of reducing commercial sexual work in Nigeria.
- To examine the nature of influence commercial sex workers have on girls in Nigeria.
- To recommend ways of reducing commercial sex work in Nigeria.
- What is the level of commercial sexual work in Nigeria?
- What is the rate of commercial sex work in Nigeria?
- What are the benefits of reducing commercial sexual work in Nigeria?
- What is the nature of influence commercial sex workers have on girls in Nigeria?
- What are the ways of reducing commercial sex work in Nigeria?
H0: commercial sex workers do not have an effect on girls in Nigeria.
H1: commercial sex workers have significant effect on girls in Nigeria.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study would be of importance to the general public and relevant stakeholders as it would reveal the effect of commercial sex workers on girls and the society in general. The study would also be beneficial to students, researchers and scholars who are interested developing further studies on the subject matter.
SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The study is restricted to the effect of commercial sex workers on girls in Benue state, Nigeria.
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EFFECTS OF QUALIFICATION OF ACCOUNTING TEACHERS ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN EXTERNAL EXAMINATIONS» ABSTRACT This study focused on the effect of qualification of accounting teachers on performance of Secondary School Student external examinations in ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Nigeria like other developing countries is still in the initial stages of integrating ICT in teac...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study The history of the 20th century is full of examples that demonstrate that violence resistance against...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study focuses on the "Perception of premarital sex among students in higher education The challenges of sex before marriage have drawn c...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS ON THE LEARNING AND TEACHING OF ECONOMICS IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ISOLO LGA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The influence of instructional materials in promoting students’ academic performance and te...Continue Reading »
6. THE EFFECT OF EARLY MARRIAGE ON THE SOCIO-ECONOMIC AND EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT OF CHILD IN EDUCATIONAL DISTRICT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Pregnancy at whatever stage in life can be a life changing experience that cuts across boundaries...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Social Studies was introduced in the Nigerian School Curriculum as part of the instrument for ach...Continue Reading »
8. THE VARIOUS STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING THE UTILIZATION OF WORKSHOP TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT FOR TEACHING BASIC TECHNOLOGY IN TECHNICAL COLLEGE KATSINA STATE» ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Public libraries contribute significantly to the educational development and literacy level of an...Continue Reading »
10. CAUSES AND EFFECT OF POOR READING HABIT AMONG JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN IKPOBA OKHA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In any society, it is not easy to find any skill work that does not require reading ability. Read...Continue Reading »