Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The work of this research or project is to design and construct an electric powered toggle jack which offers easy lifting of loads especially cars whose capacities are not more than 1.25 metric tons. The components and parts associated in the design were determined through design analyses and calculations from which specification of dimensions and sizes are made. The basic components are the toggle jack, servo-motor, two –way switch and wires. These components were assembled or fabricated and tested for functionality and reliability and its carrying capacity. The electric powered toggle jack is capable of lifting vehicles with maximum load as specified. The device is very efficient with its good or high mechanical advantage.
Keywords: Powered Toggle Jack, Design, Shaft Rotation
TABLE OF CONTENTS
CHAPTER ONE : INTRODUCTION
Background of the study
The objective of the study
Brief review of power toggle jack
Components of the powered toggle jack
CHAPTER TWO: REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
CHAPTER THREE: METHODOLOGY
Testing of the power toggle jack
CHAPTER FOUR : RESULTS
Interpretation of the results of the powered toggle jack
Maintenance and safety
CHAPTER FIVE: CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Background of the study
A toggle jack is a machine which, when a small force is applied in its horizontal plane is used to raise or lower a large load. It is usually applicable in the automobile industry for raising a side of the vehicle during tyre changing.
It is made up of a bolt and nut assembly and its working principle is similar to that of an inclined plane. Where a thread wound round a shaft rotates in its bearings while the nut has axial motion against the resisting axial force. In the Nigerian market today, toggle jacks abound but what they have in common is that they are all manually operated. This project is geared towards researching and developing a toggle jack that is power operated, time saving and more efficient.
Thus achieving one of the goals of technology by making life easier for the end user, proper design considerations were given to the design of this project including the stresses, bending moment of the shafts, strength of materials and the maximum load it is expected to carry, thus making safety and reliability a watch word.
The objective of the study
The objective of the study is to develop a mechanism in a power toggle jack that is more efficient, stress free, saves time and a reliable way to achieve lifting of the load.
Brief Review of Power Toggle Jack
Jacks are lifting machines used to raise loads. This uses power screws which help in bearing the load. The efficiency is maximized with the use of lubrications.
Types of Jack: The various types of jacks are; Screw jack, Toggle jack and Hydraulic jack. The toggle and screw jack uses power screw to raise load.
The toggle jack has link members which are arranged to a certain degree of freedom.
The hydraulic jack uses fluid but no screw. This is achieved by pumping or increasing the pressure of the fluid in the cylinder to raise the loaded shaft.
67 Chinwuko Emmanuel Chuka et al.: Design and Construction of a Powered Toggle Jack System
Fig 1. A hydraulic jack
Components of the Powered Toggle Jack
A Powered toggle jack has the following components; Upper links, Load bearing, support, the power screw shaft, 2 pins base support, Lower links, Driven gear, Driver, Gear housing, Base support, Servo motor, Alligator clips, Power switch and Connecting cable.
The powered toggle jack is manufactured in such a way that a motor and gears are integrated to the jack. A motorized car jack only incorporates a motorized mechanism.
The choice of D.C motor is because the power of a vehicle comes from a D.C battery. For this reason the user is able to supply the power to the motorized jack directly from the battery of the car.
The powered toggle jack is ready for use whenever it is connected to the battery of the vehicle. A hand held toggle powered switch control is attached to it through which the operator is able to safely control jacking operations from some cable distance away from the vehicle. When the lift button is pressed, the jack lifts up the vehicle with a perfectly controllable speed. The down button lowers the jack in a likewise controllable manner. The controls’ are made in such a way that the operator safely and comfortably lifts his vehicle to a desired height.
A car jack is a device used to facilitate repairs by lifting all or part of the car. There are different types of car jack; Screw jack, Toggle jack, Hydraulic jack, Hydro-pneumatic jacks etc Hydro-pneumatic jacks, which have been on auto body repair scene for more than 50 years. They are operated by fluid pressure generated by a pump, when this jack is lifted up; it is suspended in position by pneumatically operated locks. This is used for jacking the whole vehicle up so that the underneath is accessible. Hydro-pneumatic jacks have the highest efficiency when compared with other jacks. For this reason it can be safely used to jack heavy duty vehicles.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INTERNAL CONTROL IN AN EXAMINING BODY A CASE STUDY OF WEST AFRICAN EXAMINATION COUNCIL ENUGU ZONAL OFFICE» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to examine internal control in WAEC examinations. The study investigates key problems in internal controls regar...Continue Reading »
2. THE EFFECT OF PROVERTY ON SCHOOL ATTENDANCE IN PRIVATE SECONDRY SCHOOL (A CASE STUDY OF OJI RIVER LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA ENUGU STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY educational sector in every part of the world fa...Continue Reading »
3. PERCEIVED INFLUENCE OF BROKEN HOMES ON HEALTH RELATED COMPONENTS OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN LAGOS STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Home environment is a major factor that determines the health of any child or student. A stable h...Continue Reading »
4. INVESTIGATION INTO INDISCIPLINE AMONG STUDENTS IN SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study [ Indiscipline is an act of not conforming to order, policies procedures, rules and regulations o...Continue Reading »
5. THE ATTITUDE OF PARENTS TOWARDS GIRL-CHILD EDUCATION IN SURU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KEBBI STATE» ABSTRACT The title of our project was attitude of parents towards girl child education in Suru Local Government area, Kebbi State. A population of 150...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Supervision is one of the administrative tools which individuals as well as groups of people empl...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The descriptive survey research was adopted in this study. It is an attempt to investigate the impact of deviant behaviour on the academic pe...Continue Reading »
8. AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE PROBLEMS FACING TEACHERS IN TEACHING COMPUTER SCIENCE IN NIGERIAN SECONDARY SCHOOLS TODAY (A CASE STUDY ON IKPOBA-OKHA, ORED...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY How fast the world has grown, from the days of the primitive man, to the days of the medieval man and...Continue Reading »
9. AN EXAMINATION OF EFFECTIVENESS OF CORPORATE PLANNING IN MANAGEMENT PROCESS ( A CASE STUDY OF DIAMOND BANK)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The development of corporate planning in business is a post World War II Phenomenon. Before the p...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This issue of teenage pregnancy in our contemporary society has been considered an epidemic and endemic in nature, which constitutes social p...Continue Reading »