The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 68 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis, Abstract.
Get the complete project »
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In this era of technological advancement, there is a possibility for a fast association of knowledge in all fields of human endeavours. The health care delivery system of Oredo Local Government is being geared towards aligning with the national goal on “health for all”. One way of achieving this goal is through the education of primary school pupils on better health care. This is certainly one of the domains of physical and health education. Health education is designed for primary school level to educate the pupils about common diseases in our immediate environment and their prevention.
Also health education can also bridge the gap, reduce some of our environmental hazards for the welfare of every citizen. It is well known that children are exposed to various hazards of communicable diseases, it is necessary to guide the children from these diseases. Therefore, the teacher should be very much concerned with the health welfare and survival his pupils. Communicable diseases in the past have been “endemic” and now it has become “sporadic” because of the awareness of this study. As the name implies communicable disease is derived from the combination of two words, communicable and disease. Communicable is an illness that can be in exchanged, share, transmit or imparted.
Disease is an unfavourable condition of an organism caused by micro-organisms as a result of illness, disorder of the body or mind. Communicable diseases are sometimes referred to as infectious diseases. They are the diseases which are communicated from one person to another or from animals to man through personal contacts like air, water, dust or the use of personal belonging or families. The communicable diseases that are common in pupils in primary schools include; chicken pox, measles, cholera, whooping cough, typhoid, tuberculosis, craw-craw, poliomyelitis (infant paralysis). The research is intended to carryout the overview of communicable diseases among primary school pupils. It is also intended to give useful advice and suggestions to teachers in primary school in particular on how to prevent the spread of these communicable diseases among the pupils in primary school in Oredo Local Government Area.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
This research intends to carryout an overview of communicable diseases among primary school pupils in Oredo Local Government Area as a case study the researcher intend to do this under the following statement of problems.
a) Are communicable diseases common among primary pupils in Oredo Local Government Area?
b) Do the pupils in Oredo Local Government Area learn in a dirty environment that will lead to the spread of communicable diseases among them?
c) Are the pupils and the teachers aware of the prevalence of communicable diseases in the primary school in the local government area?
d) Does over population in primary schools lead to the spread of communicable diseases among students?
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of writing this project is as follows;
a) To identify the communicable diseases that is prevalent in primary schools in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State.
b) To find out the effects of communicable diseases on the pupils and the society at large.
c) To outline the various causes of the diseases.
d) To eradicate and control the diseases among primary school pupils in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State.
e) To examine the nature and scope of communicable diseases.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The importance of this study cannot be overemphasized.
a) The study would also be of great help to the ministry of health and the government whose objectives of primary health care are preventive health and gradual eradication of these communicable diseases.
b) It will help the teachers and the pupils to be aware of the commonest communicable diseases in Oredo Local Government primary schools with the view of preventing their spread.
c) It helps the teachers to prevent a crowdy classroom in order to give room for ventilation.
d) It helps the teachers to care about the health of the students and to know how to treat the infected pupil.
e) It helps in continuous training of teachers on disease control.
1. What are the prevalent communicable diseases in the local government area?
2. How can communicable diseases be controlled?
3. Do communicable diseases have any effect on primary school children?
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study is exclusively limited to the effects of common communicable diseases on the educational attainment of primary school pupils in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State. It is possible to cover all communicable diseases within a short time, consequent upon this, the study is limited to the following diseases; measles, ringworm, and cholera.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
The following terms were used in this research work, many have different meaning to many people in different fields but for the purpose of this study. The meanings of these terms are as follows.
Communicable diseases: They are the diseases which are passed from one person to another through water, air, dust etc.
Non-communicable diseases: These are diseases that cannot be spread through personal contact, water, dust, air, etc.
Immunity: This is the ability or power possessed by children to resist infection.
Dehydration: This is loss of water and dissolved salt from the body.
Immunization: This is a form of disease prevention involving the injection of a vaccine or an antiserum into the body of an organism in other to protect the organism from attack by a disease.
Vaccination: This is a form of disease prevention involving the administration of antigenic vaccine to stimulate the immune system of an individual to develop adaptive immunity to a disease.
Lumps: This is an infectious disease characterized by the swelling of the neck and the cheek due to the inflammation of the parotid glands at the junction of the neck and the lower jaws.
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ATTITUDINAL APPROACH OF GRADUATES AND UNDERGRADUATES TO EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH: A CLEAR INDICATION OF DOWNWARD TREND IN EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The prime place of education in the development effort of nations has never been doubted the worl...Continue Reading »
53 pages | 141 hits | Source: EDUCATION
2. IMPACT OF SCHOOL FACILITIES ON STUDENT ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE: CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOL IN IGARRA AKOKO EDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, E...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Educationist and other well meaning people have always maintained that education is the greatest lega...Continue Reading »
81 pages | 0 hits | Source: EDUCATION
3. THE EFFECT OF POOR TEACHER – PUPIL RELATIONSHIP ON ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF BIOLOGY STUDENTS IN ENUGU SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF TE STUDY Education is a highly rated public venture used as an instrument par excellence in natural development...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 17 hits | Source: EDUCATION
4. A STUDY OF THE PROBLEM OF TRUANCY AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN SOME SELECTED SCHOOLS IN ONDO WEST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ONDO STATE» ABSTRACT Indiscipline includes lawlessness; examination malpractice absenteeism etc is one of the major problems threatening our educational instituti...Continue Reading »
36 pages | 136 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» ABSTRACT The study examined the effects of broken home on academic performances of secondary student schools in Nigeria. Descriptive survey research d...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 169 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study A national theatre embodies the performing treasures of the nation‘s inheritance for a glo...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 161 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction This chapter includes an overview of the background to the study, statement of the problem, purpose of the study, objecti...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 63 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» ABSTRACT The study attempted to examine the mode of entry into the university and students' academic performance at University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos....Continue Reading »
50 pages | 139 hits | Source: EDUCATION
9. AN INVESTIGATION OF THE INFLUENCE OF TEACHERS’ CLASSROOM QUESTIONS ON THE ACHIEVEMENTS OF STUDENTS IN MATHEMATICS; IN SOME SELECTED JUNIOR SECONDARY...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY One of the major duties of mathematics classroom teacher is to promote thought and inspire inquir...Continue Reading »
44 pages | 148 hits | Source: EDUCATION
10. THE EFFECT OF BIOLOGY PRACTICAL ACTIVITIES ON ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ENUGU EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA.» ABSTRACT This project work was carried out to determine the effect of biology practical activities on academic achievement of senior secondary school ...Continue Reading »
62 pages | 161 hits | Source: EDUCATION