Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 71 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis, Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Domestic violence has caused so many issues in the life of many Nigerians; separating families and friends. Nigeria has always being a very peaceful nation for a very long time; the question is; where did it all went wrong?
Ajegunle as the cast study is a very populated area in the heart of Lagos with people of different socio-economic background; mainly families with below income average.
The main inhabitants of this area of Lagos are mainly illiterates, from humble back ground.
The major cause of domestic violence in Ajegunle is due to the high level of poverty. Families find it difficult eat, pay their children school fees; when the parents can no longer provide for their children, the children starts engaging themselves in illegal acts like stealing and other social vices. Some of the children end up becoming members of different cult groups; they begin to steal, kill to survive; when finally they are being apprehended by the police or killed by other cult groups, the whole fiasco will land on their families respectively.
On the 22nd April 2016 in Ajegunle; a father and three of his sons were killed by a group called one million boys. The people that raised the alarm were claiming that the boys were thugs sent by somebody; but the truth is; nobody knows exactly what lead to the death of the man and his three children; it might be a fault of one of the son, it can still be that they were actually being attacked by thugs.
Domestic violence increases on daily bases in this area of Lagos; families are not united; parents cannot give account of their children as to where they are; what they are doing, how they are surviving out there. The life that most children live is as a result of the care and guidance given to them by their parents.
Most of the people in Ajegunle still practice the old time tradition where a man have more than one wife; such homes if there are no compatibility of any kind, there will be a huge crises in their families.
Finally another cause of domestic violence in Ajegunle is as a result of over population in this area, most of the building there is clustered together; no privacy, poor security etc. this can lead to misunderstanding among families.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Domestic violence has being a thorn on the lives of most families in Ajegunle local government area of Lagos, the federal government of Nigeria has always kicked against domestic violence; if domestic violence is not being controlled at the early stage, this can grow to become a major crises in Nigeria. The federal governments of Nigeria, families, friends are looking for a way out of this situation in most of the local areas in Nigeria. Most parents do not start at the early stage to correct these issues until it goes out of control.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTION
1. What are the roles of parents in the resolution of domestic violence in Ajegunle?
2. What could be the major causes of domestic violence in Ajegunle?
3. Does domestic violence have any significant effect on the socio-economic development of Nigeria?
4. Does the federal government intervention on the issue of domestic violence have any significant effect on the level of crises in Nigeria?
5. Does education help to reduce the effect of domestic violence?
6. Does the family background have any significant effect on domestic violence in Ajegunle?
7. Could high rate of poverty in this area be the major causes of violence in Ajegunle?
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: There is no mean difference in gender responses of the respondents that high rate of poverty in Ajegunle is the major cause of domestic violence
H1: There is mean difference in gender responses of the respondents that high rate of poverty in Ajegunle is the major cause of domestic violence
H0: Domestic violence does not have significant effect on the socio-economic development of Nigeria
H1: Domestic violence has significant effect on the socio-economic development of Nigeria
H0: The family background does not have significant effect on level of domestic violence in Ajegunle
H1: The family background has significant effect on level of domestic violence in Ajegunle
1.5 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The aims of the research work are to find out:
1. The roles of parents in the resolution of domestic violence in Ajegunle.
2. The major causes of domestic violence in Ajegunle
3. The effect of domestic violence on the socio-economic development of Nigeria.
4. The role of the federal government intervention on the issue of domestic violence in Nigeria.
5. If education help to reduce the effect of domestic violence.
6. If the family background have any significant effect on domestic violence in Ajegunle.
7. The effect of high level of poverty on the level of domestic violence in Nigeria.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The research work is an interesting one; as it will discuss in detail the origin of domestic violence in Ajegunle, the best way to eradicate domestic violence in this area of Lagos; the research work will discuss the effect of domestic violence on the socio-economic development of Nigeria and the roles of education in the resolution of domestic violence in Ajegunle.
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The research work is only limited to the causes and effect of domestic violence in Nigeria.
1.8 LIMITATION OF STUDY
FINANCIAL CONSTRAINTS: The researcher was unable to go to all the areas of Ajegunle; but he was able to get all the information needed for the purpose of the research work from the responses of the respondents in Ajegunle, Lagos
TIMES CONSTRAINTS: the research was involve in other departmental activities like attending lectures, doing other assignments, but the research was able to meet up with the time given for the submission of the research work.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EFFECT OF PARENTAL INFLUENCE ON THE CHOICE OF CAREERS AND ROLES PLAYED IN ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENT» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to identify the effects of parental influence has on the child’s learning and his future life, endeavour of stude...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study was carried out to investigate the effects of private lesson on academic performance of students in J.S.S classes. The sample for ...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INTROD...Continue Reading »
4. FACTORS MILITATING AGAINST THE EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF BIOLOGY IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL IN EBONYI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE...» Abstract This research work is a detailed on and delves into the strategies for effective teaching of biology in secondary schools in Ebonyi Local Gov...Continue Reading »
5. A STUDY OF JOB STRESS AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS IN TAMBUWAL LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF SOKOTO STATE» ABSTRACT This paper take a look at the study of job stress among secondary school teachers in Tambuwal Local Government Area of Sokoto State. One hund...Continue Reading »
6. TEACHING PRACTICE EXPERIENCES OF ACCOUNTING-STUDENT TEACHERS, CHALLENGES AND POSSIBLE PANACEA A CASE STUDY OF OSUN STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION ILESA FI...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Teaching practice is a very vital component of teacher education programme. It provides student teach...Continue Reading »
7. A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF THE PERFORMANCE OF MALE AND FEMALE SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS. A CASE STUDY OF GOVERNMENT DAY SECONDARY SCHOOL, ARKILLA, SOKO...» ABSTRACT This study compared the performance of male and female secondary school students in Sokoto State using Government Day Secondary School, Arkil...Continue Reading »
8. A STUDY OF FAMILY ISSUES THAT AFFECTS STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN NKANU- WEST LGA OF ENUGU STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Education is the best legacy a nation can give to her citizens especially the youths. This is bec...Continue Reading »
9. THE PERCEPTION OF SECONDARY SCHOOL SCIENCE TEACHERS ON THE USE OF INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) FOR COMMUNICATION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is one of the several educational technologies whi...Continue Reading »
10. AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE CAUSES OF POOR PERFORMANCE AMONG STUDENTS IN SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN BILLIRI L.G. A. OF GOMBE STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The differential scholastic achievement of students in Nigeria has been and is still of concern a...Continue Reading »