Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 112 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study aims at analyzing the Students‟ Performance in (WASSCE) on the management of public senior secondary schools in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones, Kaduna State, Nigeria 2011-2015. The study was guided by five objectives,(1)identify students‟ performance in Mathematics in WASSCE on the Management of public senior secondary schools in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones, Kaduna State, Nigeria (2011-2015),(2)determine students‟ performance in English language in WASSCE on the Management of public senior secondary schools in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones Kaduna State, Nigeria (2011-2015), five research questions,basic assumption and hypotheses were formulated.Significance and scope of the study were discussed. Various literature on reasons for continuous mass failures in West African Secondary School Certificate Examinations performance among Senior Secondary Schools in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones were reviewed.The research Design was an ex-post facto in collaboration with descriptive research design. The population of the study comprises all the 46 Senior Secondary schools in the two Zones. All the 20 examination centers (schools)with 26,719 registered Students‟ were randomly chosen for this study.The instrument used for datacollection was score sheet of Students(Gazette).The research instrument was validated by experts, the two supervisors and other lecturers in the Department of Educational Foundations and Curriculum.Data were collected from 20 examination centers in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones by presenting letter of introduction. Kruskal-Wallis statistical tool was adopted to compare the mean achievement of subject/subjects to calculate the relationship between the variables of the study.Result shows that there was effect of management on public senior secondary schoolsin Students‟ Performance in Mathematics with highest mean in 2015 and lowest in 2011 in WASSCE in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones. There was effect of Management on public senior secondary schools in students‟ performance in English language withhigher mean in 2015, and lowest in 2013 in WASSCE in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones. There was effect of management on public senior secondary schools in students‟ performancein Science Subjects with highest mean in 2015 and lowest in 2011 in WASSCE in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones. Therefore, it was recommended among others that, The State‟s ministry of education and the management of secondary schools should organize regular special programmes such as seminars, workshops, conferences,provisions and management of Mathematics instructional materials and service training for senior secondary school teachers to improve their competence and apply any method that will fit a particular topic in Mathematics for better students‟ performance and to update their knowledge on the new development in other areas of specialization, School management should advice teachers of public senior secondary schools to encourage students to devote more time, effort to learning and reading in English language through constant practice in spoken English and listening to models, reading materials such as books, magazines, newspaper in English language and practicing writing of letters, articles, essays, participating in school quiz and provide libraries, create and manage students‟ club and societies for the management of students‟ performance in West African senior secondary school examination.
OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
1. Analysis: Analysis is the process of breaking a complex topic or substance into
smaller parts or units in order to understand or gain better.
2. Students: Students or pupil is a learner or someone who attends an educational
3. Performance: Is the accomplishment of a given task measured against preset
known standards of accuracy, completeness, cost and speed in a contract,
performance is deemed to be the fulfillment of an obligation, in a manner that
releases the performer from all liabilities under the contract.
4. WASSCE: Is a type of standardized test in West Africa. It is administered by
the West African Examinations Council. It is only offered to candidates residing
in Anglophone West African countries.
5. Secondary School: Is the education children receive after primary education
and before the tertiary stage.
6. Management: Management consists of the interlocking functions of creating
corporate policy and organizing, planning, controlling, and directing an
organization‟s resources in order to achieve the objectives of that organization or
1. NP: Non - Parametric
2. NPE:National Policy on Education
3. WASSCE: West African Secondary School Certificate Examination
4. WTC: Women Teachers College
5. G.S.S: Government Secondary School
6. G.G.S.S: Government Girls Secondary School
7. S.S.S: Science Secondary School
8. SSCE: Secondary School Certificate Examination
9. FRN: Federal Republic of Nigeria
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. IMPACT OF FAMILY CONFLICTS ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE AND INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS OF PUPILS IN PUBLIC PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN NAKURU MUNICIPALITY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Conflict can be defined as the lack of peace in an environment. Conflict in a family therefore re...Continue Reading »
2. THE EFFECTS OF QUALIFICATION OF ENGLISH TEACHERS ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN EXTERNAL EXAMINATIONS (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SC...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The quality of education is directly related to the quality of instruction in the classrooms. It ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research work examined the effects of instructional materials in teaching and learning of Government in secondary schools in Osun State, ...Continue Reading »
4. SOCIAL FACTORS AFFECTING EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ABUJA NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Effective teaching and learning is affected by a number of factors including admission points, so...Continue Reading »
5. PROBLEMS OF TEACHING ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE IN NIGERIA SECONDARY SCHOOL (A CASE STUDY OF IGBO ETITI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA) OF ENUGU STATE» ABSTRACT Although English language is now the language of government, business and commerce, education, the mass media, literature and internal as wel...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Accounting has been generically referred to as the language of business. It is an aid to trade and one of the foundations on ...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECTIVE ORACY SKILLS AND PRONUNCIATION OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS AND THEIR ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN AKWA IBOM STATE.» ABSTRACT The study was designed to investigate Effective Oracy Skills and Pronunciation of Secondary School Students and their Academic Performance in...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The word “virginity” first appeared in the 13th century, most frequently in reference to a y...Continue Reading »
9. EVALUATION OF HEALTH EDUCATION A TOOL FOR ERADICATING COMMUNICABLE DISEASE AMONG PRIMARY SCHOOL PUPILS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study A communicable disease is an illness caused by a specific infectious agent or it's toxic products...Continue Reading »
10. BUSINESS EDUCATORS' PERCEPTION OF THE CONSTRAINTS TO EFFECTIVE TEACHING OF BUSINESS EDUCATION IN TERTIARY INSTITUTION» Abstract The purpose of entrepreneurial training as stipulated by the European Commission 2008, among others include; raising awareness of students ab...Continue Reading »