Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 112 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study aims at analyzing the Students‟ Performance in (WASSCE) on the management of public senior secondary schools in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones, Kaduna State, Nigeria 2011-2015. The study was guided by five objectives,(1)identify students‟ performance in Mathematics in WASSCE on the Management of public senior secondary schools in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones, Kaduna State, Nigeria (2011-2015),(2)determine students‟ performance in English language in WASSCE on the Management of public senior secondary schools in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones Kaduna State, Nigeria (2011-2015), five research questions,basic assumption and hypotheses were formulated.Significance and scope of the study were discussed. Various literature on reasons for continuous mass failures in West African Secondary School Certificate Examinations performance among Senior Secondary Schools in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones were reviewed.The research Design was an ex-post facto in collaboration with descriptive research design. The population of the study comprises all the 46 Senior Secondary schools in the two Zones. All the 20 examination centers (schools)with 26,719 registered Students‟ were randomly chosen for this study.The instrument used for datacollection was score sheet of Students(Gazette).The research instrument was validated by experts, the two supervisors and other lecturers in the Department of Educational Foundations and Curriculum.Data were collected from 20 examination centers in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones by presenting letter of introduction. Kruskal-Wallis statistical tool was adopted to compare the mean achievement of subject/subjects to calculate the relationship between the variables of the study.Result shows that there was effect of management on public senior secondary schoolsin Students‟ Performance in Mathematics with highest mean in 2015 and lowest in 2011 in WASSCE in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones. There was effect of Management on public senior secondary schools in students‟ performance in English language withhigher mean in 2015, and lowest in 2013 in WASSCE in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones. There was effect of management on public senior secondary schools in students‟ performancein Science Subjects with highest mean in 2015 and lowest in 2011 in WASSCE in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones. Therefore, it was recommended among others that, The State‟s ministry of education and the management of secondary schools should organize regular special programmes such as seminars, workshops, conferences,provisions and management of Mathematics instructional materials and service training for senior secondary school teachers to improve their competence and apply any method that will fit a particular topic in Mathematics for better students‟ performance and to update their knowledge on the new development in other areas of specialization, School management should advice teachers of public senior secondary schools to encourage students to devote more time, effort to learning and reading in English language through constant practice in spoken English and listening to models, reading materials such as books, magazines, newspaper in English language and practicing writing of letters, articles, essays, participating in school quiz and provide libraries, create and manage students‟ club and societies for the management of students‟ performance in West African senior secondary school examination.
OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
1. Analysis: Analysis is the process of breaking a complex topic or substance into
smaller parts or units in order to understand or gain better.
2. Students: Students or pupil is a learner or someone who attends an educational
3. Performance: Is the accomplishment of a given task measured against preset
known standards of accuracy, completeness, cost and speed in a contract,
performance is deemed to be the fulfillment of an obligation, in a manner that
releases the performer from all liabilities under the contract.
4. WASSCE: Is a type of standardized test in West Africa. It is administered by
the West African Examinations Council. It is only offered to candidates residing
in Anglophone West African countries.
5. Secondary School: Is the education children receive after primary education
and before the tertiary stage.
6. Management: Management consists of the interlocking functions of creating
corporate policy and organizing, planning, controlling, and directing an
organization‟s resources in order to achieve the objectives of that organization or
1. NP: Non - Parametric
2. NPE:National Policy on Education
3. WASSCE: West African Secondary School Certificate Examination
4. WTC: Women Teachers College
5. G.S.S: Government Secondary School
6. G.G.S.S: Government Girls Secondary School
7. S.S.S: Science Secondary School
8. SSCE: Secondary School Certificate Examination
9. FRN: Federal Republic of Nigeria
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC STATUS OF PARENTS ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF PRIMARY SCHOOL PUPILS» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The relevance of education in the upbringing of children cannot be overemphasized. Since the ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 126 hits | Source: EDUCATION
2. THE INFLUENCE OF SCHOOL PLANT ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN SSCE IN JOS NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF PLATEAU STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The introduction of adequate school plant by the most schools in the developed part of the world ...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 139 hits | Source: EDUCATION
3. ASSESSMENT OF FACTORS PRIMARY SCHOOL RESPONSIBLE FOR THE POOR ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN PUBLIC IN GWAGWALADA AREA COUNCIL ABUJA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Poor academic performance according to Aremu (2003) is a performance that is adjudged by the exam...Continue Reading »
48 pages | 148 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Our secondary school today offer some subject like chemistry, physics, English language, mathematics,...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 283 hits | Source: EDUCATION
5. THE CAUSES, EFFECTS AND SOLUTION TO EXAMINATION MALPRACTICE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS(A CASE STUDY OF ILAJE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Education serves as a prime instrument in the development of Nigeria but the issue of malpractice has led to t...Continue Reading »
78 pages | 624 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Road traffic safety refers to the methods and measures used to prevent road users from being killed or seriously injured....Continue Reading »
52 pages | 276 hits | Source: EDUCATION
7. EXTENT OF INTEGRATION OF PRACTICALS INTO TEACHING OF CHEMISTRY A CASE STUDY OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ENUGU SOUTH L.G.A. OF ENUGU STATE» ABSTRACT The research work sought to find the extent of integration of practical into teaching chemistry in Senior Secondary Schools in Enugu South L....Continue Reading »
56 pages | 137 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» Abstract Social media particularly Facebook and Twitter usage can contribute to students positively and negatively depend on the users and the purpose...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 105 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The responsibility of training a child always lies in the hands of the parents. This is congruent...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 404 hits | Source: EDUCATION
10. ABORTION AS A CAUSATIVE FACTORS TO THE INCREASE IN MOTALITY RATE AMONG ADOLESCENT (AGES 13 â€“ 20) IN OVIA SOUTH WEST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ED...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study Abortion is a relatively used term. It is the word used to describe the act of termination or destruction...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 730 hits | Source: EDUCATION