Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 112 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study aims at analyzing the Students‟ Performance in (WASSCE) on the management of public senior secondary schools in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones, Kaduna State, Nigeria 2011-2015. The study was guided by five objectives,(1)identify students‟ performance in Mathematics in WASSCE on the Management of public senior secondary schools in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones, Kaduna State, Nigeria (2011-2015),(2)determine students‟ performance in English language in WASSCE on the Management of public senior secondary schools in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones Kaduna State, Nigeria (2011-2015), five research questions,basic assumption and hypotheses were formulated.Significance and scope of the study were discussed. Various literature on reasons for continuous mass failures in West African Secondary School Certificate Examinations performance among Senior Secondary Schools in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones were reviewed.The research Design was an ex-post facto in collaboration with descriptive research design. The population of the study comprises all the 46 Senior Secondary schools in the two Zones. All the 20 examination centers (schools)with 26,719 registered Students‟ were randomly chosen for this study.The instrument used for datacollection was score sheet of Students(Gazette).The research instrument was validated by experts, the two supervisors and other lecturers in the Department of Educational Foundations and Curriculum.Data were collected from 20 examination centers in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones by presenting letter of introduction. Kruskal-Wallis statistical tool was adopted to compare the mean achievement of subject/subjects to calculate the relationship between the variables of the study.Result shows that there was effect of management on public senior secondary schoolsin Students‟ Performance in Mathematics with highest mean in 2015 and lowest in 2011 in WASSCE in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones. There was effect of Management on public senior secondary schools in students‟ performance in English language withhigher mean in 2015, and lowest in 2013 in WASSCE in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones. There was effect of management on public senior secondary schools in students‟ performancein Science Subjects with highest mean in 2015 and lowest in 2011 in WASSCE in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones. Therefore, it was recommended among others that, The State‟s ministry of education and the management of secondary schools should organize regular special programmes such as seminars, workshops, conferences,provisions and management of Mathematics instructional materials and service training for senior secondary school teachers to improve their competence and apply any method that will fit a particular topic in Mathematics for better students‟ performance and to update their knowledge on the new development in other areas of specialization, School management should advice teachers of public senior secondary schools to encourage students to devote more time, effort to learning and reading in English language through constant practice in spoken English and listening to models, reading materials such as books, magazines, newspaper in English language and practicing writing of letters, articles, essays, participating in school quiz and provide libraries, create and manage students‟ club and societies for the management of students‟ performance in West African senior secondary school examination.
OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
1. Analysis: Analysis is the process of breaking a complex topic or substance into
smaller parts or units in order to understand or gain better.
2. Students: Students or pupil is a learner or someone who attends an educational
3. Performance: Is the accomplishment of a given task measured against preset
known standards of accuracy, completeness, cost and speed in a contract,
performance is deemed to be the fulfillment of an obligation, in a manner that
releases the performer from all liabilities under the contract.
4. WASSCE: Is a type of standardized test in West Africa. It is administered by
the West African Examinations Council. It is only offered to candidates residing
in Anglophone West African countries.
5. Secondary School: Is the education children receive after primary education
and before the tertiary stage.
6. Management: Management consists of the interlocking functions of creating
corporate policy and organizing, planning, controlling, and directing an
organization‟s resources in order to achieve the objectives of that organization or
1. NP: Non - Parametric
2. NPE:National Policy on Education
3. WASSCE: West African Secondary School Certificate Examination
4. WTC: Women Teachers College
5. G.S.S: Government Secondary School
6. G.G.S.S: Government Girls Secondary School
7. S.S.S: Science Secondary School
8. SSCE: Secondary School Certificate Examination
9. FRN: Federal Republic of Nigeria
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Motivation simply means the action of motivating or encouraging employee in the area of their job...Continue Reading »
» The study sought to ascertain the relationship between the performance of students in English language and Social Studies. This was with a view of ens...Continue Reading »
3. INFLUENCE OF MOTIVATION ON THE EFFECTIVE PARTICIPATION OF RURAL WOMEN IN ADULT BASIC EDUCATION PROGRAMME» READY IN 3 BUSINESS DAYS...Continue Reading »
4. BARRIERS TO PARENTS’ INVOLVEMENT IN THEIR CHILDREN’S SECONDARY EDUCATION: A CASE STUDY OF BRAESIDE HIGH SCHOOL, NAIROBI, KENYA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction The study was initiated to investigate barriers to parents’ involvement in their children’s seco...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Research in higher education on leadership development and attributes has primarily concentrated on students currently engaged in campus expe...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The issue of gender inequality is one which has been publicly reverberally through society fo...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF SOCIO ECONOMIC STATUS OF PARENTS ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study examined the effect of socio economic status of parents on the academic performance of secondary school students in Nigeria. Main o...Continue Reading »
8. AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN MIDWAY APPROACH (GUIDED DISCOVERY AND DISCUSSION METHOD) AND ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENT IN SECONDA...» CHAPTER ONE Introduction 1.1 Background Of The Study The primary purpose of teaching at any level of education is to bring a fundamental change in the...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY During the last two decades education institutions have invested heavily in information and commu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Social networking is built on the idea of how people should know and interact with each other thr...Continue Reading »