Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 112 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study aims at analyzing the Students‟ Performance in (WASSCE) on the management of public senior secondary schools in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones, Kaduna State, Nigeria 2011-2015. The study was guided by five objectives,(1)identify students‟ performance in Mathematics in WASSCE on the Management of public senior secondary schools in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones, Kaduna State, Nigeria (2011-2015),(2)determine students‟ performance in English language in WASSCE on the Management of public senior secondary schools in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones Kaduna State, Nigeria (2011-2015), five research questions,basic assumption and hypotheses were formulated.Significance and scope of the study were discussed. Various literature on reasons for continuous mass failures in West African Secondary School Certificate Examinations performance among Senior Secondary Schools in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones were reviewed.The research Design was an ex-post facto in collaboration with descriptive research design. The population of the study comprises all the 46 Senior Secondary schools in the two Zones. All the 20 examination centers (schools)with 26,719 registered Students‟ were randomly chosen for this study.The instrument used for datacollection was score sheet of Students(Gazette).The research instrument was validated by experts, the two supervisors and other lecturers in the Department of Educational Foundations and Curriculum.Data were collected from 20 examination centers in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones by presenting letter of introduction. Kruskal-Wallis statistical tool was adopted to compare the mean achievement of subject/subjects to calculate the relationship between the variables of the study.Result shows that there was effect of management on public senior secondary schoolsin Students‟ Performance in Mathematics with highest mean in 2015 and lowest in 2011 in WASSCE in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones. There was effect of Management on public senior secondary schools in students‟ performance in English language withhigher mean in 2015, and lowest in 2013 in WASSCE in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones. There was effect of management on public senior secondary schools in students‟ performancein Science Subjects with highest mean in 2015 and lowest in 2011 in WASSCE in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones. Therefore, it was recommended among others that, The State‟s ministry of education and the management of secondary schools should organize regular special programmes such as seminars, workshops, conferences,provisions and management of Mathematics instructional materials and service training for senior secondary school teachers to improve their competence and apply any method that will fit a particular topic in Mathematics for better students‟ performance and to update their knowledge on the new development in other areas of specialization, School management should advice teachers of public senior secondary schools to encourage students to devote more time, effort to learning and reading in English language through constant practice in spoken English and listening to models, reading materials such as books, magazines, newspaper in English language and practicing writing of letters, articles, essays, participating in school quiz and provide libraries, create and manage students‟ club and societies for the management of students‟ performance in West African senior secondary school examination.
OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
1. Analysis: Analysis is the process of breaking a complex topic or substance into
smaller parts or units in order to understand or gain better.
2. Students: Students or pupil is a learner or someone who attends an educational
3. Performance: Is the accomplishment of a given task measured against preset
known standards of accuracy, completeness, cost and speed in a contract,
performance is deemed to be the fulfillment of an obligation, in a manner that
releases the performer from all liabilities under the contract.
4. WASSCE: Is a type of standardized test in West Africa. It is administered by
the West African Examinations Council. It is only offered to candidates residing
in Anglophone West African countries.
5. Secondary School: Is the education children receive after primary education
and before the tertiary stage.
6. Management: Management consists of the interlocking functions of creating
corporate policy and organizing, planning, controlling, and directing an
organization‟s resources in order to achieve the objectives of that organization or
1. NP: Non - Parametric
2. NPE:National Policy on Education
3. WASSCE: West African Secondary School Certificate Examination
4. WTC: Women Teachers College
5. G.S.S: Government Secondary School
6. G.G.S.S: Government Girls Secondary School
7. S.S.S: Science Secondary School
8. SSCE: Secondary School Certificate Examination
9. FRN: Federal Republic of Nigeria
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This study was to assess the hypertension status among lecturers of school of health technology Minna, Niger state. To guide the study, four ...Continue Reading »
53 pages | 320 hits | Source: EDUCATION
2. AN ASSESSMENT OF INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN NIGERIAN MOTHER-IN-LAW AND THEIR DAUGHTERS-IN-LAW» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study A mother in law is the mother of your spouse which could either be the mother of your wife or hus...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 227 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract ix CHAPTER I: INTRODUCTI...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 367 hits | Source: EDUCATION
4. ASSESSMENT OF CONTENTS OF SELECTED JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL SOCIAL STUDIES EDUCATION TEXTBOOKS IN KADUNA STATE AND IMPLICATIONS FOR CURRICULUM REVIEW» ABSTRACT The study assessed contents of selected Junior Secondary School Social Studies Education textbooks used in Kaduna State and implications for ...Continue Reading »
139 pages | 181 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study One of the greatest threats to Education, social, economic, and political development of any nati...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 522 hits | Source: EDUCATION
6. DRUG ABUSE AND STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCES IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL: A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOL IN IKPOBA OKHA LOCAL GOVERNME...» ABSTRACT The study examined the problems of drug and substances, abuse among students in Ikpoba Okha Local Government Area of Edo State. In the course...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 0 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» Abstract This research discusses the impact of Christian religious studies on the morals of secondary school students in selected secondary schools in...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 62 hits | Source: EDUCATION
8. THE EFFECT OF POOR TEACHER – PUPIL RELATIONSHIP ON ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF BIOLOGY STUDENTS IN ENUGU SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF TE STUDY Education is a highly rated public venture used as an instrument par excellence in natural development...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 225 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» ABSTRACT TheAlmajiri system of education has deteriorated since the coming of the colonialists despite the efforts made by the Islamic scholars and go...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 846 hits | Source: EDUCATION
10. INFLUENCE OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS ON STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION IN SECONDARY SCHOOL IN UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT ARE...» ABSTRACT The study was designed to determine the influence of instructional materials on student’s academic performance in physical and health e...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 258 hits | Source: EDUCATION