Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 112 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study aims at analyzing the Students‟ Performance in (WASSCE) on the management of public senior secondary schools in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones, Kaduna State, Nigeria 2011-2015. The study was guided by five objectives,(1)identify students‟ performance in Mathematics in WASSCE on the Management of public senior secondary schools in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones, Kaduna State, Nigeria (2011-2015),(2)determine students‟ performance in English language in WASSCE on the Management of public senior secondary schools in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones Kaduna State, Nigeria (2011-2015), five research questions,basic assumption and hypotheses were formulated.Significance and scope of the study were discussed. Various literature on reasons for continuous mass failures in West African Secondary School Certificate Examinations performance among Senior Secondary Schools in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones were reviewed.The research Design was an ex-post facto in collaboration with descriptive research design. The population of the study comprises all the 46 Senior Secondary schools in the two Zones. All the 20 examination centers (schools)with 26,719 registered Students‟ were randomly chosen for this study.The instrument used for datacollection was score sheet of Students(Gazette).The research instrument was validated by experts, the two supervisors and other lecturers in the Department of Educational Foundations and Curriculum.Data were collected from 20 examination centers in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones by presenting letter of introduction. Kruskal-Wallis statistical tool was adopted to compare the mean achievement of subject/subjects to calculate the relationship between the variables of the study.Result shows that there was effect of management on public senior secondary schoolsin Students‟ Performance in Mathematics with highest mean in 2015 and lowest in 2011 in WASSCE in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones. There was effect of Management on public senior secondary schools in students‟ performance in English language withhigher mean in 2015, and lowest in 2013 in WASSCE in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones. There was effect of management on public senior secondary schools in students‟ performancein Science Subjects with highest mean in 2015 and lowest in 2011 in WASSCE in Zaria and Giwa Education Zones. Therefore, it was recommended among others that, The State‟s ministry of education and the management of secondary schools should organize regular special programmes such as seminars, workshops, conferences,provisions and management of Mathematics instructional materials and service training for senior secondary school teachers to improve their competence and apply any method that will fit a particular topic in Mathematics for better students‟ performance and to update their knowledge on the new development in other areas of specialization, School management should advice teachers of public senior secondary schools to encourage students to devote more time, effort to learning and reading in English language through constant practice in spoken English and listening to models, reading materials such as books, magazines, newspaper in English language and practicing writing of letters, articles, essays, participating in school quiz and provide libraries, create and manage students‟ club and societies for the management of students‟ performance in West African senior secondary school examination.
OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
1. Analysis: Analysis is the process of breaking a complex topic or substance into
smaller parts or units in order to understand or gain better.
2. Students: Students or pupil is a learner or someone who attends an educational
3. Performance: Is the accomplishment of a given task measured against preset
known standards of accuracy, completeness, cost and speed in a contract,
performance is deemed to be the fulfillment of an obligation, in a manner that
releases the performer from all liabilities under the contract.
4. WASSCE: Is a type of standardized test in West Africa. It is administered by
the West African Examinations Council. It is only offered to candidates residing
in Anglophone West African countries.
5. Secondary School: Is the education children receive after primary education
and before the tertiary stage.
6. Management: Management consists of the interlocking functions of creating
corporate policy and organizing, planning, controlling, and directing an
organization‟s resources in order to achieve the objectives of that organization or
1. NP: Non - Parametric
2. NPE:National Policy on Education
3. WASSCE: West African Secondary School Certificate Examination
4. WTC: Women Teachers College
5. G.S.S: Government Secondary School
6. G.G.S.S: Government Girls Secondary School
7. S.S.S: Science Secondary School
8. SSCE: Secondary School Certificate Examination
9. FRN: Federal Republic of Nigeria
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title of Research Approval Page Dedication Acknowledgement Abstract Table of Contents CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Introduction 1 1.2 Statement o...Continue Reading »
2. FACTORS AFFECTING ATTITUDE TO WORK OF SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS IN OGBARU LOCAL GOURMET AREA OF ANAMBRA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Teachers occupy a every important position in the educational system of any country because it is...Continue Reading »
3. PROBLEMS OF ESSAY WRITING AMONG SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN OHAUKWU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE» Abstract Essay writing is a grammatical element that can make for an effective communication if properly written in any composition or expression. Thi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study The high level of moral decadence and insurgencies in Nigerian nation is an indication that there is ...Continue Reading »
5. A SURVEY OF THE COMMUNITY PARTICIPATION IN FINANCING PRIMARY EDUCATION: A CASE STUDY OF IGUEBEN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, EDO STATE» ABSTRACT The success of any educational system is a joint responsibility of every component of the system in service to the organization,, similarly t...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The enforcement of the Child’s Right Act has remained inadequate and unsatisfactory since its enactment in 2003. As an effort to domest...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECT OF POLITICAL INSTABILITY ON IMPLEMENTATION OF NIGERIA POLICY ON SECONDARY SCHOOL EDUCATION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study The problem of political instability on implementation of Nigeria policy on secondary education canno...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Biology education has been described as education for and about science (Okwuanaso&Nwazor, 2000;N...Continue Reading »
9. PROBLEMS OF TEACHING BUSINESS EDUCATION IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF IGBO ETITI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION We are living in a world that is rapidly progressing scientifically and technologically. The economic well being of any devel...Continue Reading »
10. PROSPECTS AND CHALLENGES OF E-LEARNING IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY EDUCATION USING NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA AKURE STUDY CENTER» 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY E learning refers to the use of ICTs i.e. Information and Communication Technology to enhance and support teaching and lea...Continue Reading »