Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research sets out to investigate the analysis of factors influencing the study of business studies in junior secondary school in Keffi LGA Nasaraw state.
The research used questionnaire to get information from students and qualified business studies teachers of five selected secondary schools in keffi LGA Nasaraw state.
The study reveals that:
1. Most students have negative attitude towards the study of business studies.
2. The student’s concern about the study of business studies is influenced by teachers’ method of teaching.
3. Parents motivate their children to like business studies.
4. The factor influencing the students towards business studies is influenced by their friends.
5. Most students do badly in business studies during examination have negative attitude towards the study of business studies.
1. We are living in a world that is rapidly progressing scientifically and technologically. The economic well being of any developing nation depends to a significant extent on her scientific and technological process. Organized exploration of nature for the benefit of mankind in the basic aim of modern science and technology. Nigeria being a developing country now encourages the study of business studies as to meet with the global idea of business in the Nigerian business world, student who fail to understand the reason, concept and the usefulness of business study in junior secondary school will see business studies as an issues that can never be solve when they teacher cannot break it down for easy understanding and in if the factor of The student’s concern about the study of business studies is influenced by teachers’ method of teaching, Parents motivating their children to like business studies, when the factor influencing the students towards business studies is influenced by their friends, and when these common believe of some students doing badly in business studies during examination the junior student will develop negative attitude towards the study of business studies.
Hence, we notice that if Nigerian students in junior secondary school are to realize their common goal also looking to the future of themselves and national objective in business studies, hands must be on deck concerning the study of business studies in both the primary, secondary and tertiary level of our education. Efforts would be made to advance students’ approach towards the subject.
The right way to introduce young pupils to business studies is not to teach booking, since business studies is a practical subject, that idea should be transfer to the student in junior secondary school, each with its own technical device and methods to face the business studies. The ideal thing is to treat business studies as a science adding seeable work, not only writing on board, but adding screen display since they are good in storing images. Therefore, the early stage of business study teaching is very important since the pupils’ future performance in the subject depends on how well he performs at this stage. Business studies are a way of thinking about pattern and relationship of numbers and recording. It includes arithmetic, statistics.
The analysis of factors influencing the study of business study in junior secondary school in keffi LGA approach of students to business studies education whether positive or negative and affected by many factors. Most students are biased towards business study education before they start to study it. They are told that business is very difficult. With this in their mind, they feel that they can never grasp the subject no matter how hard they try.
Another factor is the career expectation of those concerned. Many students who aspire to become doctors, engineers etc develop interest in the subject as early as possible. This interest is seen in the effort made to understand the subjects. Although some of this type of students may have problems in understanding the subjects due to level of propensity for them, the interest already developed assist in no small measure in their performance.
Another factor that can affect the students is the method of teaching business study in secondary schools.
Finally, factors affecting junior student studying business study may be influenced by social status of the parents and associated with peer group.
Statement of Problem
Business Studies was previously named Business Economics and was provided as an option to student who could not cope with Mathematics (Pullinger: 2008). Classes were often small, learners were not there by choice and in many cases educators were gleaned from other subjects when they had ‘spare time’ on their timetables (Clark: 2006). Despite all efforts towards scientific and technological development business studies, it is observed that most students have low interest for business studies. This low and unlikeness also is reflected in their poor performance in school certificate business studies examination. It then becomes necessary to answer the following question:
1. Are student no aware of the fact that business studies is a qualification for professional courses like medicine, marketing, banking and finance, etc?
2. Do secondary school students lack adequate background in business studies?
3. Does the way business is taught affect the interest of students towards the subject?
4. Does lack of motivation affect students’ understanding?
5. Is it because some students are naturally weak and find the study of business studies very difficult?
6. Do parents, peers and teachers influence the students towards the subject?
If all these questions would be answered and analyzed, the writer would be able to determine what is responsible for the factor influencing business studies among junior secondary school in Keffi LGA and perhaps make suggestions on how the factors could be improved.
The factor influencing the study of business studies can influence they person’s life in many aspects. It cannot only affect his performance in business studies but also in other related subject. This can affect his reasoning faculty and his logical approach to day to day issues in life.
The problem associated with business studies disturbs parents, teachers and educationist. The slow rate of development of this country is attributed to the low science manpower, tradesmen, the technicians and other skilled labor to facilitate development. Since business studies will solve problem, it become necessary to identify those factors that affect students’ in junior secondary school.
Purpose of Study
The purpose of the study is to investigate the factors influencing the study of business study in junior secondary of secondary school with a view to identifying the basic factors underlying them. Attempts would also be made to find solutions to these problems.
The writer’s choice of this topic for research is based on the urgency of the need for a positive influence of the study of the subject. This need is based on the usefulness of this subject towards the marketing, financial recording, scientific and technological development of our country.
In order to be able to direct this study to specific areas, the following questions were formulated:
i. Do most students have negative influence towards business studies?
ii. Can students’ mind-set toward the study of business studies is influenced by teachers’ method of teaching.
iii. Can students’ factor affecting the study of business studies be influenced by their parents?
iv. Can thoughts of JSS students towards of business studies be influenced by their friends?
v. Do students who do badly in business studies during examinations have low interest towards the study of business studies?
Statement of Hypothesis
1. H0 – There is no factor no most students having negative influence towards business studies?
2. H0 – there is no factor affecting students’ mind-set toward the study of business studies is influenced by teachers’ method of teaching
3. H0 – there is no factor affecting students’ on the study of business studies be influenced by their parents?
4. H0 – there is no factor affecting the thoughts of JSS students towards of business studies be influenced by their friends?
5. H0 – there is no factor affecting students who does badly in business studies during examinations have low interest towards the study of business studies?
Significance of the Study
It is hoped that this would really reveal the factor that affect students’ study of business studies in junior secondary school. On identification of such factors, student would be advised on how best to tackle their problems. The best way to solve a problem is not to shy away from it but to face the problem squarely and the result will appear.
To the educationist and curriculum planners, this study would reveal the relevance of arithmetic taught in primary school to the business studies teachers who would be able to motivate students so that they can develop encouraging feelings towards business study. It will also allow them to start holding workshops for teachers more often than before so as to furnish teachers with techniques for improving their students’ attitude as well as performance.
It will also serve as a resource material for those who like to carry out research into problems encountered in the teaching of business studies in secondary schools.
Scope/Delimitation of Study
The main concern of this investigation would be on the effect of teachers on the students’ attitude toward the study of mathematics, its relevance to the vocational aspiration of the students concerned, the effect of low score in mathematics examination to student attitude.
This study is limited to only J.S.S I and J.S.S III students in some selected secondary schools Keffi LGA .
It was assumed that the subjects of the study would co-operate with the researcher by completing and returning the questionnaire to the investigator within a period of two weeks to enable the study to be carried out.
In administration of questionnaire, the students and only qualified business studies teachers in the secondary schools were interviewed.
OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
Factors: these are circumstance, fact, or influence that contributes to a result.
Influence: the capacity or power of a persons or thing to be a compelling force affecting behavior, actions and reasons.
Business studies: is an academic subject taught in junior secondary school in Nigeria and our country.
Junior secondary school: the junior secondary school is the first level in secondary school accepted by Nigerian education board before, the senior secondary school
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE INFLEUNCE OF PRINCIPALS’LEADERSHIP STYLES ON SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS JOB PERFORMANCE IN SAPELE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF DELTA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The wealth of a given country is principally determined by the human resources, available natural...Continue Reading »
2. FACTORS AFFECTING STUDENTS PERFORMANCE IN METAL WORK IN FEDERAL COLLEGES OF EDUCATION (TECHNICAL) IN THE NORTHWEST ZONE OF NIGERIA» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract ix CHAPTER I: INTRODUCTI...Continue Reading »
3. THE CAUSES AND EFFECT OF TEENAGE PREGNANCY AMONG SECODNARY SCHOOL STUDENTS: A CASE STUDY OF OVIA NORTH EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The number of teenagers given birth each year is staggering. In fact, of the slightly more than 10% o...Continue Reading »
4. METHODS OF IMPROVING STUDENTS INTEREST IN BASIC TECHNOLOGY IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN KANO STATE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study Basic technology is the leg of new policy as well as that of our technological hope for a well develo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Film is a series of moving picture recorded with sound that tells a story, shown on the televisio...Continue Reading »
6. EFFECTS OF THE USE OF AUDIO-VISUAL MATERIALS IN THE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF COMPUTER IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS OF EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT This study evaluated the effects of the use of audio visual materials (AVM) in the teaching and learning of computer in the junior secondary ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Globally, a number of students are pursuing university education. The need to raise their status ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study concerned with the effect of Social Media on Academic Performance of Secondary School Students” with a specific focus on Ilobu Co...Continue Reading »
9. INVESTIGATION INTO ACADEMIC INDISCIPLINE AND FAILURE AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ECONOMICS IN IKA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, DELTA STATE).» ABSTRACT This study examines the academic indiscipline and failure among secondary school students in Economies, a case of study of Ika South Local Go...Continue Reading »
10. INFLUENCE OF GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Guidance and counseling are two closely interrelated concepts. According to Makinde (1984) and Pa...Continue Reading »