Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research was carried out to assess chemistry teachers’ knowledge of test construction procedures in chemistry objective test at senior secondary school level in Edo Central Senatorial district of Edo State.
The test construction procedures the researcher assessed were the basic steps in test construction which were agreed upon by world known psychometricians. They are as follows:
1. Defining instructional objectives
2. Specifying content to be covered
3. Developing a table of specification or test blue print
4. Determining the types of items to be used.
5. Determining the item analysis of the test.
The study used a correlation research design for which three hypotheses were generated. The first hypothesis sought to find out the relationship between male and female chemistry teachers as regard their knowledge of test construction procedure in chemistry objective test. The second hypothesis was to find out if there is difference in knowledge of test construction procedure between experience and inexperience chemistry teachers. The third hypothesis was to establish the difference in knowledge of test construction procedure between qualified and unqualified chemistry teachers. T-test was used to test the different hypotheses. All statistical analysis was carried out at α = 0.05.
Results of data analysis showed that:
i. Knowledge of test construction procedure do not differ significantly between male and female chemistry teachers.
ii. Experience chemistry teachers are more knowledgeable in test construction procedure than the inexperienced chemistry teachers.
iii. Professionally qualified chemistry teachers are more knowledgeable in test construction procedure than the unqualified chemistry teachers.
Based on the findings and conclusions reached in this study, it was recommended that, teachers should be instructed on the proper techniques of test construction through seminars and workshops. Finally, unqualified chemistry teachers should be encouraged to go for post-graduate diploma in education.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This survey research conducted to find out the effect of broken homes on primary school pupils academic achievement in Jere Local Government ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The country Nigeria is one of the most populated nation in the whole of Africa. It is located in the western part of Africa w...Continue Reading »
3. FACTORS AFFECTING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF UNIVERSAL BASIC EDUCATION IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OVIA NORTH EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO S...» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to find out the factors affecting the implementation of Universal Basic Education (U B E) in Ovia North East Lo...Continue Reading »
4. EFFECT OF TEACHERS VARIABLES ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SENIOR SECONDARY STUDENTS IN HOLY CHILD SECONDARY SCHOOL» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Nigeria has been grappling with poor performance of students in secondary school final examinatio...Continue Reading »
5. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN STUDENTS ENGAGEMENT AND MATHEMATICS ACHIEVEMENT IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Academic performance is a factor found among students and is it a function of many factors, some of w...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Educational Technology is a systematic and organized process of applying modern technology to imp...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Teachers’ role in any educational system cannot be over emphasized. Teachers are the executors ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Education as the key to development has the capacity to upgrade teaching effectiveness as well as l...Continue Reading »
9. IMPACT OF TEACHING PRACTICES ON THE PRODUCTIVITY OF QUALITY TEACHERS AND SOUND STUDENTS A CASE STUDY OF POLICE CHILDREN SCHOOL, WULARI» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The need for competent and well trained teachers, astute in both content knowledge and general pe...Continue Reading »
10. THE EFFECT OF STUDENT INDUSTRIAL WORK EXPERIENCE SCHEME (SIWES) TO TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL STUDENT INDUSTRIAL SKILLS (A CASE STUDY OF KANO STATE TER...» ABSTRACT The study was motivated to ascertain the effectiveness of Student Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) to Technical and Vocational stude...Continue Reading »