Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 71 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Nigerian youths have formed part of the global followers of the british premier league matches The national media’s specialty at covering and broadcasting the league has been unprecedented. The passion, zeal, accuracy, and dexterity with which presenters of football matches broadcast and run commentary of the premiership and other leagues in nigeria increases viewers’ love and interest for the game of football. Also developed in viewers is the interest to identify with a club side as a fan/supporter. The followership could be compared to that experienced with the Nigerian local football league in the 1970 and mid 80s, which has since been reduced drastically because of poor organization.Apart from the national media, another medium providing Nigerians with the avenue to view live coverage of these matches is the pay per-view centers, scattered all across the nation’s cities. These viewing centers, specializing in providing pay per view services of European football matches, have increased tremendously since the beginning of the 21st century when more cable television net-works entered into the business with fairly affordable subscription rates. Audiences viewing games, plus fanatic support for particular clubs, have increased. An average Nigerian youth and adult (male and female) are happy to identify as fan of a chosen club side in the british premier league. Visits at these viewing centers will find fans displaying knowledge of clubs history and player’s profiles, as well as mini-fans club (non-formalized club). All members are known and are identified as “our man’ and “our club” showing their unflinching support and love for their chosen club.
The dexterity with which Nigerian youths have in support and love for the premier league matches constitute the fundamental basis for this research. The league had in recent times fosters a common front in enhancing cultural and ethnic integration, peace, unity, love, harmony. However there is the social negative effect such as conflict, youth fraternity,andanti socialbehaviors.And in recent times many youths have been found spending more times in betting houses than on their studies .In 2006 and 2007, the effects of English premiership on Nigerians (youths and adults alike) took a new dimension when fans began to label streets after particular football club in the English premiership. There was conflict in parts of Lagos and Ibadan, and other parts of the country, which in some cases lead to violence and killings between supporters of different clubs. Is ethnic identity growing from this? On the surface, it seems that the characteristics of ethnicity are observably on the rise.With this picture, one may conclude that football is an instigator in causing conflict and the same time at integrating people – a strong point or element in peace and community building. The research therefore intends to provide an assessment on the effect of English premier league matches on Nigerian youths with a case appraisal on nassarawa state university undergraduates.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The problem confronting the research is to profer an assessment on the effects of English
Premier league showing on Dstv on Nigerian youths with a case study of nassarawa state university undergraduate.
What is the nature of English premier league
What is the effect of English premier league matches on Nigerian youths
What is the effect of English premier league matches on nassarawa state university undergraduate.
OBJECTIVE OF THE RESEARCH
- To determine the nature of English premier league
- To appraise the effect of English premier
- To determine the effect of the league on nassarawastate university undergraduate.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE RESEARCH
The research intends to determine the effect of English premier leagueand to assess its effect on nassarawa state university undergraduates
It shall also serve a veritable source of information concerning sports and social effect.
STATEMENT OF THE HYPOTHESIS
H0 The level of nassarawa state university undergraduate watching premier league is low
H1 The level of nassarawa state university undergraduate watching premier league is high
H0 The positive effect of English premier league on nassarawa state university undergraduate is low
H1 The positive effect of English premier league on nassarawa state university undergraduate is high
H0 The negative effect of English premier league on nassarawa state university undergraduate is low
H1 The negative effect of English premier league on nassarawa state university undergraduate is high
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The research shall profer an assessment of the effect of English premier league matches on Nigeria youths, with a case appraisal of the effect on nassarawa state university undergraduate.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Wuest and Bucher (1999) define sport as recreation, as a socially acceptable and non-profit oriented activity performed during leisure hours which provides immediate and inherent satisfactions to participants.
Mull, Bayless, Ross and Jamieson (1997) see recreation as a means, through which people are educated on how to lead a positive live in their leisure hours.
Leisure is taken as a period when an individual is not engaged in any activity to earn a living. Derived from this then, sport is not just leisure; it is also employable for other uses.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECTS OF PRACTICAL METHOD ON THE EFFECTIVE TEACHING OF PHYSICS IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS. (A CASE STUDY OF OJODU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA IN LAGOS ST...» CHAPTER ONE Introduction Background of the Study Physics is generally regarded as the nucleus of all technology. This simply means that physics contro...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Post marital education is a way of thinking and living that is adopted voluntarily on the basis of kn...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Crime is as old as man. It started according to biblical account between Cain and Abel (Genesis 4...Continue Reading »
4. EXAMINATION OF PARENTAL ATTITUDES TOWARDS THE EDUCATION OF THE PHYSICALLY CHALLENGE CHILDREN IN ARGUNGU LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF KEBBI STATE.» ABSTRACT This research, is concern with the examination of parental attitudes towards the education of the physically challenged children in Argungu l...Continue Reading »
5. THE INFLEUNCE OF PRINCIPALS’LEADERSHIP STYLES ON SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS JOB PERFORMANCE IN SAPELE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF DELTA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The wealth of a given country is principally determined by the human resources, available natural...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study In Nigerian, there are many system of education that will be beneficial to citizens and the socie...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study According to National Population Commission (2012) it is generally believed that Nigeria has a total ...Continue Reading »
8. TEACHERS’ ATTITUDE TOWARDS THE TEACHING OF CITIZENSHIP EDUCATION IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ISIALA MBANO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF IMO STATE» ABSTRACT This study is aimed at investigating teacher attitude towards the teaching of citizenship education in secondary schools in Isiala Mbano Loca...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is on an evaluation of principals administrative in Nigeria secondary schools in Nigeria. The total population for the study is 20...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page i Certification ii Dedication iii Acknowledgement iv Table of Contents v List of Tables viii Abstract ix CHAPTER ONE: INT...Continue Reading »