Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 62 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the study
T One of the most paramount function of Nollywood movies in the society is to entertain as well as to educate. It is because of this salient regard that some of the key concepts of this work are examined and scrutinize it with a view to determine the effect of Nollywood movies have on students of tertiary institutions in Nigeria, exceptionally, for the purpose of lucidity and better understanding, according to a documentary on Nollywood, “Nollywood is the name attributed to Nigerian movies industry. It’s Nigerian movies industry by Nigeria production teams for the Nigerian people. However, the focus of this dependable and systematical research work is on the effect of Nollywood movies on students of tertiary institution in Nigeria which is tremendously the work of twenty first centuries because of the advancement of technology in making use of digital instruments in movie industry. Today Nigerian Nollywood movies have dominated the lives of students in general in the country. These advancements of technology have brought along changes and adoption of styles of living by Nigerian students especially those in the tertiary institutions.
Although we have some cultural believes, it is obvious that the advent of technology has really impacted societal norms and values Hence, the truth remains that the society is misplacing its values, cultural heritages and at center of all students in tertiary institutions who are leaders of tomorrow, better Nigerian students of our great nation Nollywood movies are being celebrated by those students which most of them have formed the habits of watching, viewing every Nollywood movies released into the market by movies industries.
These movies produced by Nollywood have in all ramification failed to uphold discipline and morality in our higher institutions of learning. What is being displayed in Nollywood movies are cases of ferocious acts, kidnapping, prostitution,libidinous activities, money laundering, infidelity cases, cultism, sexual harassments, indecent dressing, tribalism, prejudice, Nepotism, gossips, slanders and total act of defamation all in the name of entertainment which is very much perilous to our children at home including our leaders of tomorrow,the students of tertiary institution. Success through dubious means and lack of respect for parents. As a mirror of the society, obviously the movies have been labeled to send obnoxious and erroneous messages to the minds of students of tertiary institutions. It has misplaced the universal standard of how an average students ought to go about his or her carrier pursuits.
Tertiary institutions, in other cords, have made cultism, armed robbery, kidnapping, prostitution, violence and indicent dressing amongst the students to be rampant instead to be in curbing side of it.
Meanwhile these movies are expected to bring storyline that could promote our cultural heritages and good values since they are produced by our indigenoeus film industries that knows how the people dislike violence and immorality rather they are on the contrary. Some Nollywood movies values and introduces prostitution as the only way out for the female students whose situation could not pay their school fees, as if prostitution is the solution and answer to the poverty as copied from the movies called “white Hunters” in this movie, they failed to show our students that are in financial quagmire or predicament that the normal thing to do is to develop appetite for menial jobs.
The movies’ “the kidnappers” showcased out social vices and atrocious behaviour, the veracity remains that the effect of such movies on students of tertiary institutions has very egregious effect. Now umpteen of our students believes that getting on top is the apex of making money and the easiest way to make money is by dubious means. Some movies introduces indicent dressing, this has amplified the chilly trend to some female students walks around the campus half naked in the name of making fashions campaign. Female students have borrowed lessons from our felame students by engaging in this dilapidating trend. Our male students today likes putting on what we know as sagging. Our female and male students works around the town, school environments and places half naked in the name of fashions, it is because of the negative teaching of Nollywood movies such movies creates conflict of reasoning. Most times changes ideas and orientation thereby causing violence in our institution. Nowadays, our institutions are dumping ground of mediocre. There you will find prostitutes, armed robbers, kidnappers, cultist, homosexuals, lesbians, bisexuals, etc. worse still is that Nollywood movies have made it possible many of our students have lost the complete appetite for reading because of the sleepless night they have devoted in viewing the preposterous pictures. Nollywood movies sometimes promotes materialistic behaviours and ill-findings get way into our campuses and that promotes hard work, respect meekness and morality. That is to say that Nollywood movies producers gives our local actors and actress. Now I believe we cannot afford to allow these great leaders of tomorrow to continue watching ferocious movies that negatively affect them in all conditions of life.
Therefore the essence of this research work is very paramount because whether it should be given a thought or not, we all know that our students most especially those in tertiary institutions are being negatively affected by Nollywood movies with its scandalous ways of life, obviously opposed by our cultural heritages and societal norms and values. Hence, what touches a finger must spread to the hand. This means that the hideous behavious being exhibited by Nigerians students in tertiary institution as a result of watching Nollywood movies should be eradicated and film makers and producers should confiscate storyline that will impact erronous attitudes, on our students and people in general.
Statement of the Research Problem
This research work tries to analyze the effect of Nollywood movies have on students of tertiary institutions in Nigeria as the case may be. Nollywood movies umpteen times disseminate erroneous information to students of tertiary institution hereby causing anormally in campus most of the movies have totally deviated from the initial objectives of which Nollywood as a industry was established.
Most of these movies are rated of general viewing and indicating that some are morally unhealthy for our children and our students, but the producers have automatically failed intoto to ask themselves these questions. What effect would these movies make in the lives of our students? These movies do they promote morality especially in pursuit of excellent moral standard in Nigerian tertiary institution? If the producers had valued, those questions as the most significant things in entertainment or movie, industry unequivocally there must be promotions of morals and culture in Nigeria Nollywood industry.
Objectives of the Study
The primary objective of this study is to anatomize the effects of Nollywood movies on students of tertiary institutions in Nigeria, especially, it tends
- To know the authority of the above assumption.
- To know the extent Nollywood movies have effect on the student of tertiary institution in Nigeria.
- To verify or pinpoint some positive effect of Nollywood movies on students of tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
To aid the completion of the study, the following research hypotheses were formulated by the researcher;
H0: Nollywood movies do not have effect on the student of tertiary institution in Nigeria
H1: Nollywood movies do have effect on the student of tertiary institution in Nigeria
H0: there is no significant relationship between Nollywood movies and student academic performance
H2: there is a significant relationship between Nollywood movies and student academic performance
1) What effect does Nollywood movies have on students of tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
2) Do Nigerian students derive anything positive from watching Nollywood movies?
3) To what extent do Nollywood movies promote social views in our society?
4) These social vices promoted by Nollywood in our society, what effect does it have on our students in tertiary institutions?
5) These movies do they promote morality especially in pursuit of excellence moral standard in Nigeria tertiary institution?
The Scope of the Study
The scope of this study covered the entire enabling environment of institutions like the Institute of Management and Technology (IMT) Enugu where students watch Nollywood movies regularly and they have taken it as their hobbies, regularly watching it.
Significance of the Study
The effect of Nollywood movies on the students of tertiary institutions in Nigeria is very paramount to the society now that most students in their leisure enjoy viewing movies.
The researcher is convinced that there are immeasurable significance of Nollywood movies on the students our tertiary institutions are dumping grounds of prostitutes, armed robbers etc. These students, most times exhibits what they see on Nollywood films.
As each day passes negative information continues to influence the way of life of the students. The study will anatomize critically on the introduction of Nollywood movies in Nigeria, its purpose and achievement so far. Not only that, it will also look at the effect of these movies on its viewers most especially students and how it has contributed to social ill in our campuses.
With the enormous adverse effect of present Nollywood movies the out put of this research to the society in general. This research work will succinctly expose the inherent damages of exposing our future leaders to all sort of Nollywood movies mandatory measures would hence be taken and organization whose responsibilities includes censorship would generate information that will make them come alive to their responsibilities or sensitization .Summarily, not only the students will gain but also the parents and Nigerians as a whole.
I vehemently hope that this research work findings, suggestions and recommendations will change our students ideology to Nollywood for the better at least they should have phobia to some extents.
Definition of Terms
Variables Conceptual Definition
Effect This refers to the impression produced on mind of spectator, hearer, reader, viewer etc.
Nollywood It is the Nigeria movies industry by Nigerian production teams for the Nigerian people.
Movie This is cinema industry or motion picture.
Institution it is a high organization for learning where students of tertiary institutions learn the good, the bad and the ugly.
Movies It refers to the entertaining and fluential cinema industry that often times impact on students initiatives.
Nollywood This refers to film industry that produced the movies being watched by students that most times mould their way of life.
Effect It is either possitive or negative impressions effected on the mind of students after watching Nollywood movies
1.8 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study. Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature. Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECTS OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC BACKGROUND OF PARENTS ON THE ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF THEIR CHILDREN IN SCHOOLS IN IGUEBEN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Man as a social being is endowed with different abilities to explore his environment and possibly...Continue Reading »
2. STRATEGIES FOR ENHANCING EFFECTIVE TEACHING OF AUTOMOBILE TECHNOLOGY PRACTICAL SKILLS IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES IN JIGAWA STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of contents vi Abstract ix CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCT...Continue Reading »
3. A SURVEY OF STUDENTS’ ACHIEVEMENT IN MECHANICAL CRAFT PRACTICE IN NATIONAL TECHNICAL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES IN KATSINA STATE.» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page Declaration Approval page Dedication Acknowledgement Abstract CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 background of the study 1.2 s...Continue Reading »
4. THE INFLUENCE OF DRUG ABUSE ON ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT The objective of this study is to identify the influence of drug abuse on academic of Secondary School Students in Kaduna South Local Governm...Continue Reading »
5. THE EFFECTS OF TEACHING LISTENING SKILLS IN PRIMARY SCHOOL: A CASE STUDY OF AGUEBOR PRIMARY SCHOOL IN UHUNMWONDE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» ABSTRACT This study is carried out in an attempt to find out if listening skill is taught as one of the language skills in primary schools in Benin, U...Continue Reading »
6. THE ROLE OF SELF-EFFICACY, EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE AND GENDER ON TEST ANXIETY AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background To The Study Anxiety generally is a physiological and psychological state characterized by cognitive somatic, emot...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The purpose of education is to equip the individuals to reshape their society and eliminate inequ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Globally, a number of students are pursuing university education. The need to raise their status ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Single parenting or single parenthood is a parent bringing up a child or children alone without a...Continue Reading »
10. BLENDED LEARNING APPROACH AND STUDENTS ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT IN PHYSICS IN UYO L. G. A, AKWA IBOM STATE.» ABSTRACT The research study was designed and carried out basically to check the effects of Blended Learning Approach in teaching physics in public and...Continue Reading »