Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Exams records have been one of the most important documents of any school. It has become highly imperative that exams record-keeping system be implemented in the automated form through the use of personal computer (CP) to enhance proper management of the records. This study will bring to limelight the need for results to be computerized in any school. It will specify the advantage of computerization in any school. It will specify the advantages of computerized exams records as well as the disadvantages of not computerizing exams records. This study is to create awareness on computerization and its basic principles and application. Since satisfying information requirement across a large organization is challenging, therefore a computer is one of the tools to keep information satisfactorily and accurately.
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Records somehow similar to one-dimensional arrays, basically comprises series of related data items systematically combined to form database of a particular organization. Records can be kept or maintain in different ways, but the only way to store and maintain good records that are accurate, timely, up-to-date, relevant and consistent without stress is the computerized system.
Ever since computers were used for commercial application, the use of computers in business and scientific applications have increased tremendously. The improvement in computer storage, speed and communication has added advantages in computer application particularly now that we have micro computers and laptops that have facilitated the emergence of internet.
It is however sad to note that in spite of the popularity of computer and it enormous usefulness in many areas of human endeavour, most organizations like Esteem International Secondary School make use of the manual system of keeping student’s results which is time consuming, stressful and prone to errors. This has led to the design and implementation of a computerized student result keeping system.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Based on findings, Esteem International Secondary School was still making use of the manual system in keeping its students results and this has resulted in poor management of students’ result in the school. The following were found to be the draw backs of the old system:
Ø Retrieval of records is time consuming and burdensome.
Ø The manual system is prone to errors and mistakes
Ø Files or records get missing due to how files are kept randomly.
Ø Also, records that are stored for long period time get damaged by insects etc.
1.2 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The study will accomplish the following objectives:
Ø To discuss the importance of computer in students result keeping
Ø To access whether computer will really assist the exams unit in poor management of students result if implemented.
Ø To find out whether there is any problem associated with the implementation of computerized system.
Ø Making recommendations and suggesting possible ways of effective implementation of computerized system in all secondary schools.
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The following are the significance of the study:
Ø The study will serve as an encouragement to all schools (both private and government schools) to realized the usefulness of implementing computerized system in schools to enhance proper management of records.
Ø Increasing the researcher’s knowledge on the design of computer-based systems.
Ø Moreso, the study will serve as a source of information to students or other future researchers in related discipline who might conduct research into similar field or topic for academic advancement.
1.4 SCOPE/DELIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This study is based on enhancing proper keeping of student’s result in secondary schools, using Esteem International Secondary School as a case study.
Also this research has a major scope of highlighting the need to embrace computerization as the only way of validating, and storing data and information which could be put into use at the present and future time.
This research was carried out with intensive interview in the exams unit of Esteem International Secondary School.
1.5 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Though this study has been a successful one, various factors stand as limitation during the course of study.
However, due to lack of materials which is always the case in a study of this nature, this research is limited to the exams unit of Esteem International Secondary School Abak.
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Computer: It can be defined as an electronic machine, which automatically process input data in accordance with instructions stored in it. This produce an output in a useful form and it becomes information when communicated to those who are in need of it.
Information: Can be defined as a data which has been processed in such away as to be meaningful and useful to the person who receives it.
System: A system is composed of regularly interacting or interrelating groups of activities.
Program: Is defined as a set of instructions that enables the user to accomplish task.
Data: It refers to facts, events activities and transactions which have been recorded. Data is the raw material from which information is produced.
Database: Is a place where data are kept for processing.
Management Information System (MIS): Is a computer based system that provides managers with the tools for organizing, evaluating and efficiently running their department.
Database Management System (DBMS): Is a complex set of software programs that controls the organization, storage, management and retrieval of information.
Decision Support System: Is a special application that collects and report certain types of business data, which can help managers make better decisions.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A STUDY ON THE INFLUENCE OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC STATUS OF PARENTS ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS: A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SECOND...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The relevance of education in the upbringing of children can not be overemphasized. Since the childre...Continue Reading »
2. RADIO LISTENING HABITS OF STUDENTS IN THE HIGHER INSTITUTION IN KADUNA STATE IN RELATION TO SPECIFIC PROGRAMME GENRES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1.0 Background to the study Radio in the society over the years has provided and is still providing a readily available cha...Continue Reading »
3. HEALTH EFFECT OF STREET HAWKING AMONG CHILDREN A CASE STUDY OF TUDUN WADA KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background of the Study Water sustains life; therefore its constant availability is of paramount importance to ensure the continuity o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The importance of qualified teachers and school attitude in schools today in particular cannot be ove...Continue Reading »
5. MENSTRUAL WASTE MANAGEMENT PRACTICE AMONG FAMALE UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS IN SOKOTO STATE UNIVERSITY» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Menstruation is a discharging of blood, secretions, and tissue debris from the uterus that recurs...Continue Reading »
6. THE PROBLEM MILITATING AGAINST EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF SOCIAL STUDIES IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL IN SAKI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF OYO STATE» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Social Studies was introduced into the official school curriculum following its success in solving societal proble...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study The issue of Chaplaincy Service in our Universities and other educational institutions is so crucial ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Crime is an inevitable phenomenon in human existence because human beings are hedonistic in nature (p...Continue Reading »
9. THE LEVEL OF INFORMATION OVERLOAD AND ANXIETY AMONG UNDERGRADUATES OF NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA» ABSTRACT This study looks at the level of information overload and information Anxiety among undergraduates of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka. The st...Continue Reading »
10. ROLE OF CITIZENSHIP EDUCATION TOWARDS CONTROLLING HUMAN TRAFFICKING IN EHIME MBANO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA.» Abstract The main aim of this study is to find out role of citizenship education towards controlling human trafficking in Ehime Mbano Local Government...Continue Reading »