Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 45 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
One of the challenges to the economics and special well being of Nigerian in the past five years is the steady decline in the number of transport facilities nation wide. Nigeria is presently on the verge of an imminent crisis and a state of paralysis in transportation. This is particularly manifested the problems being experienced in our transportation modes such as airways, road and water ways are all over abrasive and are greatly experiencing a number of bottlenecks, and shortage either in rolling (Stocks, number of available public and private vehicles as well as shortage of space parks).
Bye and large, it should be noted that the nature of transportation system of any country is important in determining both the rural plan and the quality of life. In Nigeria, it is important to note that the rapid growth of our nation’s population, the problem of urbanization, the growth of industries and our commitment to rural development are factors that call for an effective implementation of the national transportation coordination policy.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Nigeria has experienced phenomenal growth in its transport facilities apart from the fact that over 20% of the nation’s national development plans, transport facilities have experienced massive growth with regards to road transport, for example total road length increased in quantity and quality from 4, 000km in 1991 to 72,000km in 1958, 113,100 in 1983 and in 1986, the total kilometer range yearly registration of the new motor vehicles grew from 20,000 in 1970 to 190,000 in 1977. this upward increase contrived for some time till 1979 when a decline became noticeable when only (though still high by third world standards) 80,000 was registered in 1979. The decline has continued and more parifully so to our citizens since the beginning of the structural adjustment programme when some price of vehicles have more than quadruped (Adeniyi, 1986). As of now, over 40% of the vehicles in the country are of the roads, as a result of old age or inability of their owners to maintain them owing to downturn of the economy and expensive spare parts. Additionally, another 20% is in a state of disrepair and may be off the road in the next one or two years. This situation continues to increase the pressure on public transport system and one goes through unpleasant sights in our villages where hundred of people walk on foot because of bad road networks. Since transport is actually the pivot on which economic growth in any country revolves, the following questions comes to mind: what are the modes of transportation in Uhunmwonde Local Government Area? What are the problems of transportation in the study area? How have these problems been tackled in the past?
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study include:
i. to examine the concept of transportation
ii. to examine the types of transportation in Edo State
iii. to examine the problems facing transportation in Edo State
iv. to proffer solutions to the problems facing transportation in Edo State.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study will be of significance in several ways. First and foremost, it will help government to have first hand information on the construction and maintenance of roads, considering the fact that road transportation is of vital importance in the movement of people and goods in the society. Furthermore, the study will help transporters to acquire relevant skills towards improving their services. It will also be of help to the officials of the federal road safety corps ho are Incharge of ensuring the safety of lives and the observances of traffic rules in our roads.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The following questions will be answered in the course of the study.
i. What are the concepts of transportation in the study area?
ii. What are the types of transportation in the study area?
iii. What are the transport problems in the study area?
iv. How have these transport problems been?
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study shall cover the problems of transport in Uhunmwonde Local Government Area.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE PROBLEMS OF FINANCING GOVERNMENT CORPORATIONS GOVERNMENT CORPORATION (A CASE STUDY OF TRACAS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Public corporation are enterprises, which are partly or wholly owned by the government, which private enterprises have been u...Continue Reading »
2. ANALYSIS OF MULTIDIMENSIONAL POVERTY AND INEQUALITY IN NIGERIA: EVIDENCE FROM THE CORE WELFARE INDICATOR SURVEY DATA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Poverty and inequality are among the most crucial problems facing developing economies today (Boa...Continue Reading »
3. BALANCING BETWEEN RECURRENT EXPENDITURE AND CAPITAL EXPENDITURE IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR BUDGETS, A CASE STUDY OF AFIKPO NORTH L.G.A» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY In Nigeria for instance, despite the huge amount of public expenditures, there is still an insign...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Urban areas are the engines of economic growth as well as location for complex network of activiti...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION For any organization that is involved in the production of goods and rendering of services, after answering the question what...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 THE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The consequences of population growth on the economic development of less developed countries...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study: The role of institutional quality in sustainable development has received tremendous attention i...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Poverty either as a plague or cause of other specific problems of under development afflicts Nigeria as it does to other Nations of the world...Continue Reading »
» Abstract It is no doubt that violence or war disrupts not only the social, economic, religious dimensions of life but also the education of the commun...Continue Reading »
10. AN EVALUATION OF THE IMPACT OF NAPEP ON ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF IMO STATE)» ABSTRACT The focus of this research “An Evaluation of the Impact of NAPEP on Entrepreneurship development in Nigeria” was to access the impact of ...Continue Reading »