Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 75 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Cocoa farming has really contributed to most of the agricultural sectors in Nigeria. As we all know; agriculture has done a lot in the time of old even when crude oil was not the major source of revenue in Nigeria. Agriculture has provided food for almost the entire population of Nigeria; is it employment? Farmers that operates on a larger scale tends to employ more labour.
Cocoa farming is a very vital part of agriculture as it provide food for the entire population of Nigeria, raw material for industry, it also serve as a source for foreign exchange in Nigeria.
Cocoa has really contributed to the economic development of Nigeria.
During the 50s when agriculture was the major source of income and economic development, the value of the Nigeria currency was very much appreciated and the standard of living was very much manageable. In Nigeria of today, virtually everybody is now running away from agriculture. Everybody is looking at the oil sector.
Nigeria is blessed with variety of agricultural products; cocoa is one of them. It does not seem to perish easily.
Cocoa can be largely supplied to every part of the country and its demand is on the high side.
Cocoa farmers are considered the wealthiest because the value of the product and the demand of such products.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The economy of Nigeria is on the low side because of the drop in the price of oil and most of the Nigeria citizen has really abandoned agriculture. When crude oil was not much in supply in the early 50s agriculture was the major source of revenue for both the government and the citizens of Nigeria. Most of the people said that there is capital to set up a big farm. Some said no machinery and the government policy is not allowing them practice on a larger scale.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTION
1. Does cocoa farming has any effect on the economic development of Nigeria?
2. Is there any way the government can help develop the practice of agriculture in Nigeria?
3. Does cocoa export have any effect on the gross domestic product of Nigeria?
4. Does the practice of agriculture help reduce unemployment in Nigeria?
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: There is no significant effect of cocoa farming on the economic development of Nigeria.
H1: There is significant effect of cocoa farming on the economic development of Nigeria
H0: There is no mean difference in gender responses of the respondents that agriculture help to reduce unemployment in Nigeria.
H1: There is mean difference in gender responses of the respondents that agriculture help to reduce unemployment in Nigeria.
H0: Cocoa export has no significant effect on the gross domestic product of Nigeria.
H1: Cocoa export has significant effect on the gross domestic product of Nigeria.
1.5 AIM AND OBJECTIVE OF STUDY
1. To determine the effect of cocoa farming on the economic development of Nigeria
2. To investigate the effect of agriculture on the level of unemployment in Nigeria
3. To determine the effect of cocoa export on the gross domestic product of Nigeria.
4. To determine the impact of government policy on the development of agricultural practice in Nigeria.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
By the end of this research work, we shall be able to determine the impact of government policy on the development of agricultural practice in Nigeria. We shall also be able to determine the effect of cocoa on the gross domestic product of Nigeria and its effect on the economic development of Nigeria.
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The primary data for the purpose of this study was obtained by the use of questionnaires and CBN statistical bulletin and the rest of the secondary data was obtained from wiki books, journals and other related articles.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
- ECONOMY: is an area of the production, distribution or trade, and consumption of goods and services by different agents in a given geographical location
 Ajewole, D. O., & Iyanda, S. (2010), Effect of climate change on cocoa yield: A case of Cocoa Research Instituteof Nigeria (CRIN) farm, Oluyole local government, Ibadan, Oyo State. Journal of Sustainable Development in Africa, 12(1), 350-358.
 Anim-Kwapong, G. J., & Frimpong, E. B. (2005). Vulnerability of agriculture to climate change: Impact of climate change on cocoa production. Cocoa Research Institute of Ghana. Retrieved from http://www.nlcap.net/fileadmin/NCAP/Countries/Ghana/COCOA_DRAFT_FINAL_REPORT.pdf.
 Apata, T. G., Samuel, K. D., & Adeola, A. O. (2009). Analysis of climate change perception and adaptation among arable food crop farmers in South Western Nigeria. Paper for presentation at the International Association of Agricultural Economists’ 2009 Conference, Beijing, China, August 16-
22. Retrieved from http://ageconsearch.umn.edu/bitstream/51365/2/final%20IAAE%20doc..pdf.
 Ayorinde, J. A. (1966). Historical notes on the introduction and development or the cocoa industry in Nigeria. Agricultural Journal, 3, 18-23.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ASSESSING THE BENEFITS OF THE HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM INDUSTRY ON THE SOCIO ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF EKITI STATE)» ABSTRACT This study was intended to assess the benefits of the hospitality and tourism industry on the socio economic development of Nigeria. This stu...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study investigated the ‘Impact of Selected Macroeconomic Variables on Non oil Exports in Nigeria’ for both aggregate and dis...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The objective of this study is to empirically investigate the relationship between corporate governance (measured by Board Size, Ownership Co...Continue Reading »
4. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFORT OF PRIVATIZATION AND COMMERCIALIZATION ON THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY (A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA REFINERY AND PETROCHEMICAL COMPANY ...» ABSTRACTWhen the economic fortune of the organization of petroleum exporting countries (OPEC) nations suffered a tragic experience due to the sudden f...Continue Reading »
» The article on this topic (the impact of government bonds on capital market growth in Nigeria) is an extract from literature review of the project mat...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study Overtime, a lot has been said and done about the recent continuos increment of the United States...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT What if the transportation section, stagnant, almost every section of any given economy will not perform well as expected. Te importance of t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Capital information refers to the proportion of present income saved and invested in order to augment...Continue Reading »
» Abstract There is mixed evidence in the literature regarding the relationship between income inequality and economic growth. Some studies have found a...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work deals with stock acquisition with a reference to Alex Ekwueme Library, Federal polytechnic, Oko. Acquisition is a means by...Continue Reading »