Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 56 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Today, millions of people in the world are without food especially in the developing world which has been of great concern as stipulated in the United Nations millennium development goal 1, sub-targets A, B and C to fight hunger, poverty and starvation across the world and ensure environmental sustainability(UNCSD, Aug, 2011) .This study investigated the consequences of population growth on agricultural production in Obingwa local government area in Nigeria. This is a survey type of research and the instrument used for this study was a questionnaire developed by me for the purpose of this study. The collected data was analyzed by the use of bar graphs arranged in columns, showing the number of agreed and disagreed responses(higher numbers in the agreed responses indicates a significant match whereas higher numbers in the disagreed responses indicates no match) to the research questions. The result of this study shows that there is a significant effect of population growth and food production based on land pattern systems in the locality as a result of pattern of land ownership, communal land ownership, individual land tenure system and land fragmentation; rural-urban migration caused by shortage of land available for farmers for food production, higher paying jobs and better educational opportunities, capital intensive methods of production lack of proper land use decrees etc. To put an end to this menace, it entails a holistic approach not only involving the affected people but also people of great concern around the world. This study has therefore suggested that:
- Land polices and its implementations should be amended in the country or create new laws that could integrate both traditional (i.e. communal and individual) land ownership and legal right of land ownership in the country.
- There should be a public enlightenment on the current trend in agricultural production (best agricultural practices/ mechanized farming)
. • Government of the federation should encourage farmers by giving grants and subsidies ( cash and improved seedlings) Ministry of agriculture and natural resources management to device means of educating farmers on the need for food security through mass media, Agricultural extension programs/workshops, internet etc.
- The government of the federation should encourage research and development activities in the area of plant and animal production for effective yield in order to boast the agricultural industry in Nigeria. 4 • Government should in its yearly budget, invest more in agriculture as it is an important aspect of livelihood in order to carter for the food needs of the growing population in the country.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This research work tries to investigate the impact of labour market crisis in developing economics using Nigeria as a case study .Using Niger...Continue Reading »
2. STAFF PERCEPTION OF THE EFFECTIVENESS OF MARKETING STRATEGIES IN COMMERCIAL BANKS (A STUDY OF FIRST BANK NIGERIA PLC AND ZENITH BANK PLC)» ABSTRACT The study examines the staff perception of marketing strategy of First Bank and zenith bank. Out of the total population of 235, 100 persons ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Every economy experiences destabilization at one point in time or another; often referred to as f...Continue Reading »
4. EFFECT OF POPULATION GROWTH ON DEMAND FOR IMPORTED CONSUMABLE GOODS IN NIGERIA’S ECONOMY (1981-2014)» ABSTRACT This study examined effect of population growth on import demand in Nigeria, within the sample period of 1981 2014. The data for this researc...Continue Reading »
5. IMPACT OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC FACTORS ON INVESTMENT IN SMALL SCALE ENTERPRISE (A STUDY OF GLT WORLD SUPERPHONES LIMITED)» ABSTRACT This study examined the socio economic factors affecting investment in small scale businesses. Small and medium scale enterprises have long b...Continue Reading »
6. THE EFFECTS OF VALUE ADDED TAX (VAT) ON THE PROFITABILITY OF MANUFACTURING FIRMS: A CASE STUDY OF UNITED CEMENT COMPANY OF NIGERIA LTD (UNICEM) AND SU...» Abstract: Taxation in Nigeria, has given rise to several problems that has threaten the profitability of many companies in Nigeria. Among this problem...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nigeria still presents a clear reflection of the third world economy in which the growing economy has some working...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The word “bad and doubtful debt” is used in the banking to refer to the portion of loans, advances and over draft...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF MARKETING ORIENTATION ON SMALL SCALE INDUSTRY IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN ECONOMY)» ABSTRACT This Research work is designed to analyse, the various aspect of market orientation practices in small business enterprise, it is primarily a...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Academics and practitioners have been striving to establish and agreed upon definitions of the co...Continue Reading »