Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 127 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of t h e Study
A consensus seems to have emerged amongst economists that economic growth is inextricably tied to globalised financial flows (GFF). This GFF - growth nexus is implicitly implicated in the relation showing domestic savings and net capital inflows as the main sources of financing domestic investment and budget deficit*. On exploring the equality relationship between current account balance (CAB) and the capital account balance (CAP) of a country, it becomes obvious that a deficit on the CAB implicitly measures the financial inflows into the country'seconomy and there-fore measures the resources coming into a country to finance investment demand in excess of national savings, i.e. savings - investment gap - 51 gap (Diwivedi, 2006;
Okojie, 2005; Roubini and Watchel, 1997). Since globalised financial flows into a country indicate the resources flowing into the country, an inference could be made motivated by the fact that i f GFF equals CAB which also equals CAP, then GFF is an alternative for financing the SI gap when confronted with difficult domestic con-straints". Economic theory based on: Harrod-Domar; Neoclassical; and Endogenous Growth models, recognizes SI gap as being correlated with growth, therefore GFF is intrinsically tied to growth (Hakkio, 1995; Ayhan et al, 2003; Calvo and Reinhart, 1999; and Smith e t al, 2003).
GFF needs the framework of financial globalization (FG) and financial integration (FI).
FG and FI are in principle different concepts. FG is an aggregate concept that refers
to rising global linkages through cross - border financial flows. FI on the other hand refers to an individual country'slinkages to international capital markets. Obviously the two concepts are intimately related. For instance, increasing FG is perforce associated with FI on average and together they. imply increasing GFF (Ayhan e t al,
* Recall that Uses = Sources. Uses are usually for Investment (I) and Budget Deficit (BD), while Sources are domestic Savings (S) and Net Capital Inflow (i.e. net of GFF) Hence: I + RD - S + GFF , 'dDomestic uses >
Domestic Sources, GFF > 0,GFF = I + BD - S
* CAD 2 CAP - GFF, but
CAP = CAD + AR = FDI + FPI + ODA but GFF = CAD + AX
i.2 GFF = FDI + FPI t-ODA
-. ~-.-~ . .... . .. ..-.-.-
. --..- .
.. . - -...
Depczrtment yf Economics, Universify ryf Nigeria Nsukkn 1 of 108
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT What if the transportation section, stagnant, almost every section of any given economy will not perform well as expected. Te importance of t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The need to promote a virile industrial sector has continued to be a major concern of most develo...Continue Reading »
3. INVESTIGATION OF THE NEXUS BETWEEN HUMAN CAPITAL INVESTMENT GROWTH AND ECONOMIC GROWTH IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The role of human capital in economic growth cannot be overemphasized. The development of human c...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Business organizations all over the world, whether profit making or non profit making is made up ...Continue Reading »
5. THE EFFECT OF NAIRA DEVALUATION ON SMALL SCALE ENTERPRISES AND THE ECONOMY ( A CASE STUDY OF SMEs IN LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1.BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Naira devaluation simply means the official lowering of the value of the Naira within a fixed exc...Continue Reading »
6. IMPACT OF COMMERCIAL TRICYCLE BUSINESS ON POVERTY ALLEVIATION IN ABUJA MUNICIPAL AREA COUNCIL, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Poverty is an issue of concern in socio economic and sustainable development in Nigeria. The study sought to investigate the extent to which ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The use of national policy decisions such as financial liberalization policy to improve the fina...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study This research work focuses on the effects of credit administration and control on the development...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nigeria as a nation has the vision of becoming one among the world’s 20 largest economies i...Continue Reading »
10. CROSS BORDER CRIMES AND SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF ECOWAS MEMBER STATES: THE NIGERIA EXPERIENCE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Over the years various activities across the borders of ECOWAS member states have hindered sustai...Continue Reading »