Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 62 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In most developing countries, Nigeria included there is an increase of using the environment to generate income in different types of Home Based Enterprises (HBEs) in Nigeria. All these are carried out in the informal economy which actually contributes to strengthen the economy. Home Based Enterprises therefore contribute towards informal sector employment to bridge the gap of unemployment in the formal sector. Home base enterprises (HBE) of which most are small and medium scale enterprises can be regarded the chief job creator and creates job for over 60% of the unemployed population in Nigeria. The influence of homemade enterprises cannot be over emphasized especially with the rising percentage of graduated leaving tertiary institutions in search of jobs in Nigeria. it has been proven that homemade enterprises can significantly contributed to the development of the economy as it has contributed significantly to the gross domestic product of the Nation. Despite the positive contributions of these homemade enterprises to the economy, it influence on the environment had been a subject of debate overtime as it has sparked up the comparison between its positive contributions and its influence on the environment. The environment as we all know is very critical and As such must be adequately taken care of to enhance healthy living as the saying goes that a healthy nation is a wealthy nation. The health status of any society is paramount as it goes a long way in determining the level of productivity and level of foreign investment witnessed in the society. an environment that is not adequately taken care of would scare away prospective investors and would be a breeding ground for disease causing pathogens which would have a significant implication on the economy thus leading to the study on the influence of these homemade enterprises on the environment.
1.2. STATEMENT OF THE GENERAL PROBLEM
The problem of environmental degradation as a result of crude oil spillage, wrongful disposition of waste materials by companies has become a cause for concern as it has created more problems as ever imagined in Nigeria. This poor environmental status of most cities and towns in Nigeria has led to the poor health status of such communities as a lot has been spend on the eradication of disease outbreaks. The continuous neglect of the environment in Nigeria has led to the increasing pressure on the health sector whose services have depreciated in recent times.
1.3. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The major aim of the study is to assess the effect of homemade enterprises on the environment. Other specific objectives of the study include;
1. To examine the positive contributions of homemade enterprises in Nigeria.
2. To assess the level of environment degradation in Nigeria.
3. To examine the impact of homemade enterprises on the environment.
4. To recommend ways of improving the environmental condition in Nigeria.
1.4. RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. What is the effect of homemade enterprises on the environment?
2. What are the positive contributions of homemade enterprises in Nigeria?
3. What is the level of environment degradation in Nigeria?
4. What is the impact of homemade enterprises on the environment?
5. What are the ways of improving the environmental condition in Nigeria?
1.5. RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: Homemade enterprises has no impact on the environment
H1: Homemade enterprises has an impact on the environment
1.6. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study would be immense importance to government at all levels in achieving a healthy environment in Nigeria. The study would also benefit students, relevant stakeholders and researchers who are interested in developing a further study on the subject matter.
1.7. SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The study is restricted to the effect of homemade enterprises on the environment; a case study of small businesses in Lagos state.
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Financial constraint: Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview)
Time constraint: The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 THE BACKGROUND OF STUDY Unemployment has been one of the most persistent and un manageable problems facing all industrial countries of...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Risk, vulnerability and poverty appear to be the major challenges many households face in develop...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Financial Literacy is the ability to make informed judgments and to make effective decisions regarding the use and management of money .The n...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT: This research study by means of robust statistical analysis investigated the poverty situation in Nigeria and how it affects the citizens an...Continue Reading »
5. THE ROLE OF FINANCIAL INSTITUTION IN FINANCING SMALL SCALE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC)» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to examine the role of financial institutions in financing small scale construction industry (a case study of union...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Treasury Single Account (TSA) is one of the financial policies that was invented by the federal g...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY There is a growing consensus among researchers and health policy makers that out of pocket expend...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Monetary policy usually involve the expansion or contraction of money supply the manipulation of ...Continue Reading »
9. THE RELEVANCE OF POPULATION CENSUS TO ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL AREAS IN NIGERIA. (A CASE STUDY OF ORUMBA NORTH L.G.A)» ABSTRACT THE PROJECT IS ON THE RELEVANCE OF POPULATION CENSUS TO ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL AREAS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF ORUMBA NORTH LOCAL GO...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work deals with stock acquisition with a reference to Alex Ekwueme Library, Federal polytechnic, Oko. Acquisition is a means by...Continue Reading »