The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 62 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In most developing countries, Nigeria included there is an increase of using the environment to generate income in different types of Home Based Enterprises (HBEs) in Nigeria. All these are carried out in the informal economy which actually contributes to strengthen the economy. Home Based Enterprises therefore contribute towards informal sector employment to bridge the gap of unemployment in the formal sector. Home base enterprises (HBE) of which most are small and medium scale enterprises can be regarded the chief job creator and creates job for over 60% of the unemployed population in Nigeria. The influence of homemade enterprises cannot be over emphasized especially with the rising percentage of graduated leaving tertiary institutions in search of jobs in Nigeria. it has been proven that homemade enterprises can significantly contributed to the development of the economy as it has contributed significantly to the gross domestic product of the Nation. Despite the positive contributions of these homemade enterprises to the economy, it influence on the environment had been a subject of debate overtime as it has sparked up the comparison between its positive contributions and its influence on the environment. The environment as we all know is very critical and As such must be adequately taken care of to enhance healthy living as the saying goes that a healthy nation is a wealthy nation. The health status of any society is paramount as it goes a long way in determining the level of productivity and level of foreign investment witnessed in the society. an environment that is not adequately taken care of would scare away prospective investors and would be a breeding ground for disease causing pathogens which would have a significant implication on the economy thus leading to the study on the influence of these homemade enterprises on the environment.
1.2. STATEMENT OF THE GENERAL PROBLEM
The problem of environmental degradation as a result of crude oil spillage, wrongful disposition of waste materials by companies has become a cause for concern as it has created more problems as ever imagined in Nigeria. This poor environmental status of most cities and towns in Nigeria has led to the poor health status of such communities as a lot has been spend on the eradication of disease outbreaks. The continuous neglect of the environment in Nigeria has led to the increasing pressure on the health sector whose services have depreciated in recent times.
1.3. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The major aim of the study is to assess the effect of homemade enterprises on the environment. Other specific objectives of the study include;
1. To examine the positive contributions of homemade enterprises in Nigeria.
2. To assess the level of environment degradation in Nigeria.
3. To examine the impact of homemade enterprises on the environment.
4. To recommend ways of improving the environmental condition in Nigeria.
1.4. RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. What is the effect of homemade enterprises on the environment?
2. What are the positive contributions of homemade enterprises in Nigeria?
3. What is the level of environment degradation in Nigeria?
4. What is the impact of homemade enterprises on the environment?
5. What are the ways of improving the environmental condition in Nigeria?
1.5. RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: Homemade enterprises has no impact on the environment
H1: Homemade enterprises has an impact on the environment
1.6. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study would be immense importance to government at all levels in achieving a healthy environment in Nigeria. The study would also benefit students, relevant stakeholders and researchers who are interested in developing a further study on the subject matter.
1.7. SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The study is restricted to the effect of homemade enterprises on the environment; a case study of small businesses in Lagos state.
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Financial constraint: Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview)
Time constraint: The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. IMPACT OF MODERNIZATION ON THE TRADITIONAL KINSHIP/FAMILY SYSTEM IN NIGERIA ( A STUDY OF URUALLA COMMUNITY IN IDEATO NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF IM...» ABSTRACT This work attempted to investigate how the changes from traditional agricultural society to industrializing one affected the kinship/family s...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 43 hits | Source: ECONOMICS
» ABSTRACT This study focused on investigating the impact of risk management on performance of firms in manufacturing sector in Nigeria within the perio...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 9 hits | Source: ECONOMICS
3. FUNCTIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS OF GOVERNMENT SUPPORT AGENCIES IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF ENTERPRENUERSHIP IN ENUGU STATE.» ABSTRACT Government have set up agencies that are specifically charged with training the people, providing funds and other services for the promotion ...Continue Reading »
86 pages | 26 hits | Source: ECONOMICS
4. PROXIMATE DETERMINANTS: THE PATHWAYS OF INFLUENCE OF UNDERLYING FACTORS ON UNDER-FIVE MORTALITY IN NIGERIA» Abstract Nigeria is a country with one of the world’s highest rate of under five mortality. Any innovative research aimed at bringing solutions ...Continue Reading »
143 pages | 7 hits | Source: ECONOMICS
5. EFFECT OF TAX MORALE ON TAX COMPLIANCE IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF IKORODU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The concept of Quid Pro Quo applies to every facet of life taxation inclusive. An average tax payer e...Continue Reading »
113 pages | 99 hits | Source: ECONOMICS
» ABSTRACTThis study examined the effect of micro finance as an effective tool for poverty alleviation in Nigeria. There has been an intensified and con...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 191 hits | Source: ECONOMICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1THE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Oil, a very versatile and flexible, non reproductive, depleting, natural (hydrocarbon) is a fu...Continue Reading »
73 pages | 172 hits | Source: ECONOMICS
» ABSTRACT This study examined the effect of monetary policy on the financial performance of deposit money banks in Nigeria. Using a time series data fo...Continue Reading »
95 pages | 12 hits | Source: ECONOMICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The financial system of any financial company provide the catalyst through financial intermediati...Continue Reading »
76 pages | 58 hits | Source: ECONOMICS
» ABSTRACT The study seeks to empirically analyze the impact of exchange rate instability on foreign direct investment in Nigeria from 1981 2014. The da...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 7 hits | Source: ECONOMICS