Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 78 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
THE IMPACT OF MOTOR INSURANCE POLICY ON THE GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE ECONOMY (A STUDY OF NICON INSURANCE)
This research work titled “The impact of motor insurance policy on the growth and development of the economy” Nigeria motorist are not embracing motor insurance policies and one of the objectives are to know why Nigeria motorist embrace motor insurance policies, and the scope of the study is NICON insurance motor Department, The information for the study was collected using primary and secondary methods of data collection. For the primary data collection, questionnaires, personal observations and oral interviews were used while existing literature relevant to the topic was consulted for the secondary data. The researcher used chi-square statistical model to analyze the data. The researcher gave a summary of the findings that Nigeria motorist are not embracing motor insurance policies and one of the recommendation is that people should know the reason why they are not aware of the compensation in motor insurance policies.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Title page i
Approval page ii
Table of contents vii
1.1 Background of the study 1
1.2 Statement of problem 3
1.3 Objective of the study 4
1.4 Research question 4
1.5 Research Hypothesis 5
1.6 Significance of the study 6
1.7 Scope and Limitation of the study 6
1.8 Definition of terms 7
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
2.1 Historical development of NICON insurance 11
2.2 Historical development of motor insurance company in Nigeria 14
2.3 Types of cover available in motor
insurance underwriting 16
2.4 Underwriting and rating, of motor insurance 20
2.5 Pricing of insurance products 28
2.6 Cover available in motor policies 29
2.7 The underwriting procedure of motor insurance Policies 31
2.8 Motor insurance claim procedure 35
2.9 Problem facing underwriting and rating
of motor insurance in Nigeria 35
2.10 Suggested solution to the problem of motor
insurance underwriting and rating 38
2.11 The prospects of prudent underwriting and
rating of motor insurance in Nigeria 39
2.12 Recent development in Nigeria motor
insurance practice. 41
RESEARCH METHODOLOGY AND DESIGN
3.1 An overview 47
3.2 Sources of data 47
3.3 Population of the study 48
3.4 Sample size 48
3.5 Instrument used for the study 50
3.6 Validity and reliability of the instrument 50
3.7 Method of data presentation and analysis 50
DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS
4.1 An overview 52
4.2 Data analysis 52
4.3 Testing of Hypothesis 64
SUMMARY OF FINDINGS, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
5.1 Summary findings 72
5.2 Conclusion 73
5.3 Recommendations 74
1.1 Background of the Study
Before now, motorist, were at liberty to drive their cars on the public highways without any form of insurance. However, as the number of cars multiply on the highways rate of accident injured and death also multiple. Hence, the need for motor insurance.
The first country that gave a lead in this direction was the great Britain. Other countries have the Traffic Act at 1930, introduced a compulsory insurance. The Act made it an offence for anyone to use or permit the use of a meter vehicle on a read unless there is in force a policy of insurance covering the liability of the motorist against death or motor accident.
The idea of compulsory insurance was recognized quite early in west Africa and British legislation on the subject was extended to the four west African British colonies, Nigeria, Gold Coast, Sierra Leone and Gambia, each of these territories now has it own specific legislation on this subject.
Modern insurance was introduced in Nigeria by European trading companies which establish trading post in Nigeria and their companies were appointed agent for insurance business by British companies in London Later, Nigeria traders and merchant of substantial status where given power to secure insurance business issues cover meters mostly on cargo and assistance in settlement of claim.
As a result of this progress, Royal exchange Assurance branch office was established in Nigeria in the year 1921 and this company dominated insurance business for almost thirty years before the establishment of other companies such as provincial insurance company, nor which union, fire insurance company and Nigeria General insurance company limited to mention but a few – the incorporation of Nigeria into the Board Traffic Act by the British Parharment in 1945 imposed a statutory obligation on the users of motor vehicle to provide security against their legal liability for causing death of or bodily injury to the third parties.
Thus, the study is meant to evaluate the impact of motor insurance policies on the growth and development of the economy. Looking of NICON insurance company as a study.
1.2 Statement of the Problems
1. Nigerian motorist are not embracing motor insurance policies.
2. People are not aware of the compensation in motor insurance policies.
3. Nigerian motor and third parties have not actually felt the impact motor insurance policies.
1.3 Objective of the Study
The following are the objective of the study.
1. To know why Nigeria motorist embraced motor insurance policies.
2. To create awareness of the compensation motor insurance policies.
3. To ensure that the Nigeria motorist and third parties actually felt impact of motor insurance policies.
1.4 Research Question
1. Have Nigeria motorist been embracing motor insurance policies.
2. Are people aware of the compensation on motor policies.
3. Have Nigeria motorist and third parties actually felt the impact of motor insurance policies.
1.5 Research Hypothesis
Hi: Nigeria motorist have been embracing motor insurance policies.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACTThe software package used in this protect is quick Basic which centered on soloing the problem of relational business activities arising from ...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AN IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTER BASED SEAPORT BILLING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN PORT AUTHORITY LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nigeria Ports Authority is a government owned organization under the supervision of the federal M...Continue Reading »
3. IMPACT OF COMPUTERIED ACCOUNTING SYSTEM ON AUDIT, ( CASE STUDY OF PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILE KADUNA,NIGERIA).» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Business today is being done or conducted in an age of economic crisis and highly complex technol...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Computerised Traffic Offence System is a powerful web based and database program that records all the traffic offences co...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Internet has become the primary medium for Human Resource Management, specifically job recruitment and employment process. Most classical job...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research focused on the Design and Implementation of Automated Students School Fees Payment using Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, Ikot Osur...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTAn Android based online clearance system is a research work that will help build an effective information management for schools. It is aimed ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTARCTStudent centralized database system is a system designed to computerize the process of student information records considering the problems fa...Continue Reading »
9. Design and Implementation of a Mobile Based Road Situation Reporting App for the Federal Road Maintenance Agency (FERMA)» The aim of this computer science project topic is to develop a Mobile Based Road Situation Reporting App that can be used by the members of the genera...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION There were three fundamentally distinct education systems in Nigeria in 1990: the indigenous system, Quran schools, and f...Continue Reading »