Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
TACKLING INSURGENCY USING CRYPTOGRAPHY
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Communication is an essential key during military conflict. Information concerning the status of their adversary is of great demand and is been passed across either by cell phone, e-mail, fax and etc. This information can be accessed by insurgents if not secured and the country’s information can be exposed. Therefore, information security is of great importance to prevent loss of useful information.
Insurgency can be defined as a rebellious movement against an existing government with the aim of overthrowing the government through the use of subversion and armed conflict. One major way insurgents penetrate into a country is by gathering information therefore to tackle insurgency; information has to be secured through the use of cryptography. This method has been used to secure communications over the years.
Cryptography is the science of encrypting secret messages and transmitting the message from a sender to the receiver. The sent message can only be decoded by the receiver who has access to the software and must also know the password and encryption key to ensure high rate of security.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Insurgency has really caused destruction, poverty and many individuals have lost their life during this period. Insurgency has become the order of the day; people no longer live peacefully in their homes as a result of fear. In recent time, technologies has grown wide, information can be accessed by different people anywhere and at anytime.
One major challenge in our present world is that communications are not secured. If an attempt is made to transmit a message over a public or private channel and it gets to a wrong hand (an adversary: someone who sees all communications occurring on the channel.) the message would be exposed, tampered with or lost.
Therefore the use of cryptography is a very important issue in this present time to avoid data lost and access by other people.
1.2 MOTIVATION OF THE STUDY
Insurgency has brought about destruction, poverty and has endangered so many people’s lives. One major way insurgents penetrate into a country is by gathering essential information about the country before setting their operations. They gather information so as to know how and when to push through with their plans.
Insurgency has really caused hazard and fear amongst every citizen in the country: which is actually the motivation behind this study.
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of this work is to develop a system which is responsible for encoding and decoding secret messages against insurgents. The system will be developed in such a way that only the user can have access to it and this will be done by the use of a password to ensure high rate of security.
Its objectives include;
i. To Prevent insurgents from monitoring secret messages in a country
ii. To secure information from access.
iii. To prevent insurgents from having access to essential information about a country.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The primary goal of this work is to encrypt user’s data and provide a security mechanism. Therefore the significant of this study includes:
1. To develop a system that will serve as a means of sending information and secured.
2. The developed system will help the armed-force send secret messages.
3. The system will also be used to hide useful data.
4. This method of sending secret messages will help tackle the fear of insurgents.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This work is basically concerned with the tackling of insurgency by securing information through the use of cryptography. It focuses on data secrecy and integrity, which is to ensure that only those authorized will have access to it.
This work does not go deeply into discussing how insurgents operate in a country. The system will be designed using hash function SHA 256.
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
· Adversary: an opponent.
· Conflict: a violent situation between different people.
· Decryption: to change information that is in code into ordinary language so that it can be understood by anyone.
· Encryption: To put information into a special code especially in order to prevent people from looking at it without authority.
· Information: a comprehensive detail about something.
· Insurgents: group of people rising against an authority.
· Integrity: maintaining and assuring that data can only be modified by those authorized to do that.
· Password: a confidential word or phrase.
· Rebellious: to oppose to the government of a country.
· Secrecy: making sure that nothing is known about something that is being secret.
· Security: the act of protecting a country or something from people.
· Subversion: an act of attacking the authority of a system secretly or indirectly.
· Tackling: a process of dealing with a difficult problem or situation.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Drug procurement and distribution tracking system is a set of computer programs that obtains the supplies of drugs, distribute the drugs and ...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED ANTENATAL INFORAMTION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF PARK-LANE HOSPITAL)» ABSTRACT The Antenatal unit in the outpatient Department of any hospital letters for medical advices and treatments to payment mothers before delivery...Continue Reading »
3. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE STUDENT ADMISSION AND DOCUMENT VERIFICATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO)» ABSTRACT Forgery has long crept into our educational system and, counterfeit and forged admission status / certificate and document have upper hand in...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE. .INTRODUCTION. 1.0 .INTRODUCTION. In this Chapter, the author. will be presenting sections on the background study of the Booking System ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY According to wikipedia (2015), artificial intelligence (AI) is the intelligence exhibited by mach...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Today, computer has been discovered as a very efficient instrument which ahs played a very significant role in adequate management of informa...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE1.0 INTRODUCTIONComputerized Traffic Offense System is a powerful web based and database program that records all the traffic offenses comm...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY RFID, Radio Frequency Identification is a fundamental and inexpensive technology that enables wir...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTER BASED WAREHOUSING INFORMATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA PORTS AUTHORITY) (NPA) LAGOS» ABSTRACTThe purpose of this study is to computerize the warehousing information system (A case study of NPA – Lagos) and to develop a computer packa...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Educational data mining (EDM) is a field that concentrates on prediction and is known for its role in uncovering hidden information from larg...Continue Reading »