Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 78 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
project on online hotel reservation system
1.1 Background of the Study
The importance of computer and its application have been recognized globally. The impact computers to the society have been felts in hotels booking system.
Computer booking system (CBS) has brought a lot of change improvement and efficiency in hotel operation.
There is a great need for an easy quick, reliable and information system to aid the traveler in planning their vacation. Shelter is one of their basic necessity of life individuals need a place to stay at all times ranging from a business man who travel from one place to another in the course of their business to student who goes to study away from his home. Different professionals travel out of their domain in other to achieve certain aims and objectives such as tourism.
A hotel can simple define as a building or a place for the great to receive room and stay for short period of time, also a place of refreshment, entertainment and protection of the visitors.
In many states or countries however a hotel and motel are defined based on their status. Hotel and other accommodation are as diverse as many family and business travelers they accommodate.
Establishment varies greatly in size and in the service they provided. Hotels and
motel comprise the majority of establishment and tend to provide more
service than other lodging place. Most hotels and mortals are commercials
properties that cater mainly to business people, tourist and other
travelers who need accommodation for a brief stay.
A small, but growing
of luxury hotel chains also manage condominium until in combination with
their transient rooms, provide both hotels guest and condominium owner
with access to the same service amenities.
Larger hotels and mortals often have banquet halls and spacious ball rooms to accommodate conventions, business meeting, wedding reception and other social gatherings conventions and business meetings are major sources of revenue for the hotel and motels.
There are some laid down principles regulating each room that can be occupied by each quest.
Hotels booking and management system in Winika Gboko start from issue of ticket to interested customers. Customers having obtained ticket on payment of stipulated fees complete and return the ticket to the hotel. The Winika Hotel now sorts the ticket according to the types of room you want and send to the various units in the hotel for processing. The customers are select based on the service needed.
1.2 Statement of Problem
Although the administrative section of Winika Hotel Gboko has been handling the hotel booking systems is significant. It will aid in checking or solving the following problems.
- Manual system if of time consuming and involved too much labour before the booking list is finally released.
- Loss of the complete ticket as a result of mishandling in the case of transfers of document (records)
- Duplication of records where the customers may wish to purchase more tickets for other customers.
- Check guest customers which are not easily detected.
1.3 Aims and Objectives of the study
The major aims of this study are develop software system that will help in reducing labour and replacement of manual method used in booking rooms for guest. Other aims and objectives of the work are to provide to;
- Easy retrieved and storage of data and information
- Daily count of guest that arrive and departure from hotel
- Daily weekly and monthly summarizes of guest booked, arrived and departed from Winika Hotel Gboko.
- Improved data management efficiency through the elimination of data redundancy.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The significance of the study is to improve the operational efficiency of Winika Hotel Gboko in respect to the handling of data, information. Elimination of redundant data associated with the current Winika Hotel data handling system.
1.5 Scope of the study
A Hotel is a large establishment, which consist of different section/department with their various responsibilities that bring about the efficient running of the Hotel service. This research work cover Account, Admin, house keeping, sale of food and beverage departments.
1.6 Limitation of the study
Time frame was a limitation to this stud
Internet: the system require an internet services to run.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The problem which always emanate from inadequate personnel information maintenance and management has been a torn in the flesh of the entire ...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AN IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED PRODUCTION SCHEDULER SYSTEM (A Case Sudy Of Okin Biscuit Offa, Kwara State)» ABSTRACT This project work titled design and implementatiom of a computerized production scheduler assignment problem approach. Deals with how machine...Continue Reading »
3. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE PRISON MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA PRISON SERVICE ENUGU)» ABSTRACT Prisoners’ management in Nigeria has long been a neglected area and has only recently been included in the 20 20 vision document under ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 LIBRARY SYSTEM A library can be defined as a room or building where books are kept and referenced. It is an area of multi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In this project work, we present a way to bring information to students by leveraging the availability of phones (with SMS capability). We re...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis study investigated online hospital management system as a tool to revolutionize medical profession. With many writers decrying how patien...Continue Reading »
7. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN AUTOMATED INVENTORY CONTROL SYSTEM FOR A MANUFACTURING ORGANISATION» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Inventory management and asset tracking need to record all the durable assets of an institute. Many organizations, i.e. c...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDYLottery system is a very wide field of study and can be classified in so many ways such as the U....Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study The state of the traffic system is influenced by travel demand and traffic supply characteristics. Tr...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The advancement made in technology over the past few years has been tremendous. The computer alon...Continue Reading »