Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 60 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
The importance of computer and its application have been recognized globally. The impact computers to the society have been felts in hotels booking system.
Computer booking system (CBS) has brought a lot of change improvement and efficiency in hotel operation.
There is a great need for an easy quick, reliable and information system to aid the traveler in planning their vacation. Shelter is one of their basic necessity of life individuals need a place to stay at all times ranging from a business man who travel from one place to another in the course of their business to student who goes to study away from his home. Different professionals travel out of their domain in other to achieve certain aims and objectives such as tourism.
A hotel can simple define as a building or a place for the great to receive room and stay for short period of time, also a place of refreshment, entertainment and protection of the visitors.
In many states or countries however a hotel and motel are defined based on their status. Hotel and other accommodation are as diverse as many family and business travelers they accommodate.
Establishment varies greatly in size and in the service they provided. Hotels and motel comprise the majority of establishment and tend to provide more service than other lodging place. Most hotels and motals are commercials properties that cater mainly to business people, tourist and other travelers who need accommodation for a brief stay. A small, but growing of luxury hotel chains also manage condominium until in combination with their transient rooms, provide both hotels guest and condominium owner with access to the same service amenities.
Larger hotels and motals often have banquet halls and spacious ball rooms to accommodate conventions, business meeting, wedding reception and other social gatherings conventions and business meetings are major sources of revenue for the hotel and motels.
There are some laid down principles regulating each room that can be occupied by each quest.
Hotels booking and management system in Winika Gboko start from issue of ticket to interested customers. Customers having obtained ticket on payment of stipulated fees complete and return the ticket to the hotel. The Winika Hotel now sorts the ticket according to the types of room you want and send to the various units in the hotel for processing. The customers are select based on the service needed.
1.2 Statement of Problem
Although the administrative section of WinikaHotel Gboko has been handling the hotel booking system is significant. It will aid in checking or solving the following problems.
i. Manual system if of time consuming and involved too much labour before the booking list is finally released.
ii. Loss of the complete ticket as a result of mishandling in the case of transfers of document (records)
iii. Duplication of records where the customers may wish to purchase more tickets for other customers.
iv. Check guest customers which are not easily detected.
1.3 Aims and Objectives of the study
The major aims of this study are develop software system that will help in reducing labour and replacement of manual method used in booking rooms for guest. Other aims and objectives of the work are to provide to;
i. Easy retrieved and storage of data and information
ii. Daily count of guest that arrive and departure from hotel
iii. Daily weekly and monthly summarizes of guest booked, arrived and departed from Winika Hotel Gboko.
iv. Improved data management efficiency through the elimination of data redundancy.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The significance of the study is to improve the operational efficiency of Winika Hotel Gboko in respect to the handling of data, information. Elimination of redundant data associated with the current Winika Hotel data handling system.
1.5 Scope of the study
A Hotel is a large establishment, which consist of different section/department with their various responsibilities that bring about the efficient running of the Hotel service. This research work cover Account, Admin, house keeping, sale of food and beverage departments.
1.6 Limitation of the study
Time frame was a limitation to this stud
Internet: the system require an internet services to run
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT In Nigeria today, it is a well known fact that mathematics is one of the subject that students find difficult to understand and pass for one ...Continue Reading »
43 pages | 354 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The discovery of the computer has to a greater extent revolutionized most profession and their wo...Continue Reading »
43 pages | 465 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
3. TOWARD PROVIDING HIGH SPEED INTERNET SERVICES TO STAFF AND STUDENTS OF KADUNA POLYTECHNIC TUDUNWADA CAMPUS» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER I: INTRODUC...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 172 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
4. PREDICTING THE FEATURE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS WITH ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORKS (ANN).» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Most institutions of higher learning today are concerned with predicting the paths of...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 356 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.0 INTRODUCTIONStudent admissions are a vital part of any academic institution running because students are what keep the inst...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 224 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
6. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENT AN EFFECTIVE PERSONNEL DATABASE INFORMATION SYSTEM FOR NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Prior to the advent of computers and efficient data base management software, official and private and public document we...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 508 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
7. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED PERSONNEL AUDITING SYSTEM OF A LOCAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION (CASE STUDY ABIA STATE BOARD OF INTERNAL RE...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Modern societies are technology driven thus changing their characteristics at an accelerating rate. One of the current de...Continue Reading »
48 pages | 372 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Computer system infection, also known as malicious code, refers to a program that is covertly ins...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 396 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE1.0 INTRODUCTIONThe office management information system is the control center for the property and workers at the supervisory level and ab...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 327 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF CRIMINAL RECORD MANAGEMENT SYSTEM USING AREA COMMAND, IKOT EKPENE AS A CASE STUDY» Abstract This research work was on Design and implementation of criminal record management system Using area command, Ikot Ekpene as a case study. Thi...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 486 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE