Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 72 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
In this Chapter, the author. will be presenting sections on the background study of the Booking System which is currently used in God is Good Motors(GIGM) Minna, statement of the problem, objectives of the study, significance of the study, scope of the study, limitation of the study and operational definition of terms.
1.1 .BACKGROUND...TO..THE STUDY..
The web. has modernized. the .way information can be .accessed thereby making the world a global village. Corporate organisations such as banks, insurance companies and other organised .institutions such as. Universities, Polytechnics now make the use of online registration. through the. web for their students’ registration. The Internet is a wide area network that can be accessed via a workstation that is. connected to its service. It serves as a medium of connection .between millions of peoples, airlines, organizations, military, and government in the most remote of areas. all over the world. Due to the. universal. access of the internet, transport booking system. and related services are available over the internet. It serves as an electronic transmission medium. to engage in exchanging of information, also aiding. transportation (digitally) from. location to location connecting users online. Also, the internet is a very good. platform for advertisement and awareness of. any product.
Data is clearly the. most conspicuous capacity. of the web. The web has developed. from its commencement into a goliath stockroom of data, giving a great many individuals access to any data. needed by simply a. click of a catch. It opens one to an extensive variety of data assets, in this way acting like. a goliath database stacked. with data.
In this advancement, a modernize system is executed to record all data about Transport Booking System systematically. As what that illuminates, individual is one critical resource and prevailing to focus fruitful in association. They will be creating all the arrange that has administered by chairman either the arrangement are key, specialized or operation. An Online Road Transport Booking System will be developed at God is Good Motors to make sure the user can make their booking process with the facilities provided by this system. In essence, at GIGM there are two types of transports, by Bus or Car. Therefore, this system has very important security aspect controlled by administrator.
In the booking function, user can check whether there are available transport or not and can check their booking status (i.e Successful Booking or Unsuccessful Booking). An alternate capacity is for organization a piece of the system. The capacity is to endorse the vehicle booking, transport and driver record administration and delivering reports and demonstrate the detail of the vehicle booking by month. Assuredly, Online Road Transport Booking system can be acknowledged and the client can utilizes this system effectively and deliberately.
God is Good Motors(GIGM) is not using any. system to record all information about the transport booking, but. only use a manual process based on file record. to make a booking. and record all information travels. The .manual process of transport booking is faced with a lot of challenges which includes;
i. The passenger’s .records can easily get. lost or merge up with. other passengers records.
ii. Records based. on files are. difficult to retrieve as records tends to increase over. time
ii. Records based. on files take longer. time to file
1.3 ..AIM..v..AND. ...OBJECTIVES.. ..OF. ..THE.. ...STUDY.. .
The. . aim. of. . this project. . . is to . .develop .an . .Online Road..Transport Booking. System.
The Objectives of this. study include the. following:
i. To. explore the problems. associated with .the current process of booking travel tickets at GIGM. Minna.
ii. To develop an online .Road Transport Booking System for GIGM, Minna.
The need for. an online road transport booking .system that takes advantages on. information technology cannot be .overemphasized.
Implementing online road transport .booking system will beneficial .to the travellers and will help;
i. Reduce the .amount of time wasted with manual. booking process.
ii. Provide efficient. means for travellers to print. their travel ticket.
iii. To minimize. likely erro.r and inaccuracies. during the booking. process.
1.5 .. .SCOPE...OF.. .THE.... .STUDY. ..
. .The.. .scope.. .of. . this... .project. is to . .create. a .system... that will allow.. the passengers. to fill and submit their personal details, do their transport booking online, pay for their booking and print their ticket that summarize the booking schedule and payment. transaction only after payment has been made which can be from a credit card, or debit card.
This project is faced. with the following limitations;
i. Poor availability. of internet service at certain. periods suppressed the .attainment of necessary information for the execution of this. project.
ii. It is only limited with the. users that might want to travel with. GIGM Minna.
.The...following...are...some...basic...terms..which..are.. used in this study:
i. USER: “This refers to people or travellers that can use
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. TOWARD PROVIDING HIGH SPEED INTERNET SERVICES TO STAFF AND STUDENTS OF KADUNA POLYTECHNIC TUDUNWADA CAMPUS» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER I: INTRODUC...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 124 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT The Bank Verification Number (BVN) became imperative following the increasing incidence of compromise on conventional security systems such a...Continue Reading »
99 pages | 284 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACTThe research work Sales Forecasting System is a sales system using˜point of sales ( POS ) technology to achieve its sales, accounting and lin...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 321 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
4. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE, COMPUTER SCIENCE AND INTEGRATED SCIENCE IN EXTER...» TABLE OF CONTENTS TITILE PAGE CERTIFICATION APPPROVAL PAGE DEDICATION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT ABSTRACT TABLE OF CONTENT CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION 1.1Background ...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 220 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
5. Development of an Online Tourist Accommodation Reservation Recommender System for the Nigerian Hospitality Industry» The process of remotely booking accommodation for a tourist city in the country is the primary purpose of this computer science project topic. The sof...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 195 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
6. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE STUDENT CLEARANCE SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF CARITAS UNIVERSTY) CARITAS UNIVERSITY AMORJI-NIKE ENUGU ENUGU STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Clearance is a status granted individuals, typically members of Military, University graduates and Employees of Governmen...Continue Reading »
54 pages | 468 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Employee records may be defined as "record that contain initial application forms, results of physica...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED TRAFFIC OFFENCE DOCUMENTATION SYSTEM (CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL ROAD SAFETY COMMISSIONER, ENUGU) (Computer Sc...» ABSTRACT This project is carried out in order to develop computer based Traffic Offence documentation system to all aviate the problems incurred in Fe...Continue Reading »
42 pages | 206 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND 1.1 INTRODUCTION Inventories are part of the strengths of any business and can be applied as the firm’s own strategy in build...Continue Reading »
148 pages | 269 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT The status of computer application in schools is growing with increase in awareness of roles of computer in education. Many schools now see i...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 293 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE