Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
It sounds rather ironic that at a time when the opposition and controversy to the activities of the principal players on the global stage are growing increasingly harsh and more loud, we have chosen as our theme for this research “THE EFFECT OF GLOBALIZATION OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ON OFFICE SERVICES”.
Globalization appears to be the most noticeable. Tough described by many as an elusive trend, globalization is a multi-dimensional, highly complex process with tending forms and a complex mix of effects in all places it touches. It is a process that has been referred to as “multi-faceted in its operation, massive in its reach and implications and elusive as a concept” Dele and Robertson (2003:14).
Globalization, the term may be relatively new one. But the development it refers to has been known for quite a long time. In African for example the movement and traffic in human beings and other resources across the Sahara into the Arab world, and later across the Atlantic into the American and European were definitely a significant episode in the process. Similarly, the sustained Islamic and Christian missionary campaigns in Africa as well as the subsequent colonization and domination of the continent by foreign powers marked another important phrase. But in the modern and restarted sense in which the concept is used today, globalization as such refers to “The forging of a multiplicity of linkages and interconnections between state and societies, which make up the modern world system”. Allen and Thomas, (2000:20). The process aim at making the world into one large global village /neighbourhood so that events, decision and activities in one part can come tot have significant consequences for people and communities in quite distant parts. The concept of globalization, as Ahrens explains has made a remarkable career in recent years because world wide processes in the field of economics, communication, transport of ideas, and migration of religion have gained such an enormous speed that in many people’s consciousness it appears as if our globe were shrinking Ahrens (2000:286). Social relations acquire as it were relatively distance less and borderless qualities as human beings are turned into actors in a single but open stage with their actions and interactions more and more being conducted and organized on the basis of one world unit. Globalization has significant military, political, legal and cultural dimensions.
Information Technology has replaced the traditional equipment used by a secretary and the way in which secretarial task are performed is being modified. In the next ten years, as organizations try to stop the missing cost of paper work and to provide more information in a timely, usable format, electronic technology will be extended to the executive/managerial work station Iredia, (2002).
Information technology abbreviated as (IT) is an act of the technology computer and communication. In the word of Carroll, information technology is “term that describes the disciplines encompassing computer system, telecommunication networks and multi media applications”.
Globalization is no doubt producing new ways of using and thinking about information technology. It is universally acknowledged that globalization requires as well as produces new channels, networks and practices of communication which are not dependant on state or quality. Globalization narrowly refers to the growing economic interdependence of countries world wide Kevin (2001:116).
Office service according to Mark (2003:11) are work that are being carried out in the office by the office professionals e.g. telephone answering services, from message bas, transcription, editing document, design and many other office services.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
This research work is focused on the effects of Globalization of information technology on office service. It has been observed that organizations both company, government and private in Nigeria has been left behind not really moving at the pace at which this technology
Despite the provision of office equipment, office service providers lack the skills and knowledge to handle or in performing their duties using modern information technology because they are not being trained by the organizations to acquire the necessary skills they need.
Moreover, some organizations find it difficult to adopt to the changes of information technology. The changes that information technology is bringing to individuals and economics are creating significant new uncertainties. Organizations and people are forced to adapt to new circumstances and to new requirements at the work place and outside, and these adaptation processes are complicated and often initially difficult.
However, there is the fear of losing ones job due to information (electronics) technology explosion and the fear of complex equipment being introduced into the system the fear of secretarial ability and skills changes, also the fear of changes in secretarial job title.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
This study is designed towards identifying some of the effects of globalization of information technology on office services. Specifically this study is out to:
1) To find out the effect of globalization of information technology on office services
2) To determine the prospects of globalization of information technology on office services
3) To find out the effect of globalization on office productivity.
4) To find out the difficulties that organization encounter when using information technology for office services delivery.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1) What are the effects of globalization on office
2) What role does globalization play in the development of professional secretaries
3) What are the prospects of globalization of information technology on office services
4) What are the problems / difficulties encountered in the use of information technology for office delivery?
5) What are the likely remedies for alleviating these problems?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study will be beneficial to the following categories of persons:
1) The Federal Polytechnic Kaura Namoda
2) Students who are in information technology field (IT)
3) Government: The government through this study will also be encouraged to apply more of globalization, information technology in the flow of information between various levels of its workers.
4) Give insight to areas of further studies for the researchers
1.6 DELIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This study is restricted to an organization of Zamfara State Kaura Namoda. Information is to be obtained through the administration of questionnaire on both employers and employees,
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
1) The result of this study may be affected by variable beyond the control of the researcher.
2) The extent to which respondents provide reliable information accurate and current dispositions in career progression. In the field will affect the quality of the outcome.
1.8 BRIEF HISTORY OF THE FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC KAURA NAMODA
The Federal Polytechnic Kaura Namoda is out of seven federal polytechnics established by decree No 33 of 25th July 1976, as oriented 1985. The decree posited that following function for the polytechnic as follows:-
1) To provide full time; part time courses of instruction and training in technology, applied science, commerce and management is such order filed of applied learning relevant due to need of the management of Nigeria.
2) To prepare such further functions as the opinion of the council may serve provide the objective of the polytechnic. Based on the functions the federal polytechnic, Kaura Namoda come into being on February 1985 with Alhaji Jafaru B. Ango as the first Rector, Academic programme stated in. the department of Accountancy, Business Administration, Secretary Studies, Architectural Technology, Building Technology and Quantity Surveying with approval of National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) in 1985.
The schools employment polices all members of staff and give loan to staff. Institutions concentration training student at both national diploma and higher national diploma levels, later in the additional of many departments.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Unemployment in the present day Nigeria resulted from different misgivings and lack of direct approach to by those concerned to tackle this p...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is on the impact of human relationships skill on the effectiveness office manager. The total population for the study is 200 staff...Continue Reading »
3. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE INFORMATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF POST-PRIMARY SCHOOL MANAGEMENT BOARD (PPSMB...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Education is an indispensable system on which the life of everyone is built and as well stimulate...Continue Reading »
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED SYSTEM FOR REVENUE GENERATION FROM BUSINES PREMISES (A CASE STUDY OFNKANU EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Revenue generation is a means through which government establishment hurt for money which will be accountable to the governme...Continue Reading »
5. INVENTORY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR LABORATORY MANAGEMENT, USING COMPUTER SCIENCE LABORATORY, AKWA IBOM STATE POLYTECHNIC AS A CASE STUDY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction Inventory is the quantity of goods and materials on hand that an organization or manufacturer uses to repres...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Record Keeping is the process of collecting, inputting, storing, classifying, summarizing and interpreting data. Record k...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Digital museums appeared in the Internet many years ago. First digital museums have emerged since 1991. Howeve...Continue Reading »
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF INTEGRATED SOFTWARE SUIT FOR ACADEMIC PLANNING UNIT (A CASE STUDY OF IMO STATE UNIVERSITY OWERRI)» ABSTRACT The formulation of a good academic planning is only the first implementation putting the academic program plan into action. this requires tha...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In the past, security was simply a matter of locking the door or storing files in a locked filing cabinet or safe. Today,...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The methods that are used to share ideas and for collaboration are constantly changing and evolvi...Continue Reading »