Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Educational data mining (EDM) is a field that concentrates on prediction and is known for its role
in uncovering hidden information from large volume of data. EDM has seen an emergence of
research leading to strategies that aim to address issues of higher education with primary focus on
students’ attrition. An unceasingstudent’s attrition from the undergraduate programmeof Ahmadu
Bello University, Zaria (A.B.U, Zaria) has significant ramification for individuals affected by this
problem and the society in general. This work examines the problem of predicting student’s
dropout in selected programmes of A.B.U Zaria. This work also focuses on addressing students’
attrition by creating a first year at risk model to be used in early detection of students at the risk of
attrition. Various factors that might influence students’ attrition were collected from two (2)
primarysources (student portal and exam processingsoftware) of A.B.U Zariainformation system.
This work applies variants of existing classification algorithms in building predictive models; also
an instance based learning algorithm (k nearest neighbor) was chosen and modified. An initial data
preprocessing, feature selection and a 10-fold cross validation experiment was carried out in the
model development phase of this work using WEKA (an open source tool for data mining tool).
The classification algorithms employed in this work include: Multi-Layer Perceptron, Naïve
Bayes, J48 Decision Tree, Sequential minimal optimization, K-Nearest Neighbor and a modified
K-Nearest Neighbor. Results obtained showed J48 decision tree algorithm have performed nicely
among all, based on our dataset with an average accuracy of 97.9%. Also the modified nearest
neighbor algorithm performed next with an average accuracy of 97.3%. The result obtained were
validated and analyzed using WEKA’s experimenter. To choose the best model, we conducted a
comparative analysis of the classifiers used in this dissertation work.
CHAPTER ONE: GENERAL INTRODUCTION
This chapter discusses the introductory part of the dissertation which includes background of
the study, statement of the problem, research motivation, aim and objectives, scope of the
research, the methodology used to carry out the research and finally the dissertation
contribution to knowledge.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION 0F AN ONLINE VEHICLE AND PLATE NUMBER REGISTRATION AND IDENTIFICATION SYSTEM IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTIONVehicle Registration in Nigeria began over 100 years ago and the records have been essentially manual which in turn has no...Continue Reading »
» (CASE STUDY OF KWARA STATE POLYTECHNIC)CHAPTER ONE1.1 INTRODUCTION Geo information system is an acronym for Geographic Information system. It is a sys...Continue Reading »
3. A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF THE PROBLEMS FACING PRIVATE TELEVISIONS AND GOVERNMENT TELEVISIONS IN THE DISSEMINATION OF INFORMATION IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACTThe problems which face both private and government owner television stations have always been a concern to both public and media experts,This...Continue Reading »
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AUTOMATED SOFTWARE FOR THE PUSH AND PULL METHOD OF SOLVING LINEAR PROGRAMMING PROBLEMS.» ABSTRACT This research work focused on solving Linear Programming Problems with the objective of identifying and reducing the computational complexiti...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED MAILING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE (NIPOST) UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Introduction This chapter introduces a computerized mailing system. It focuses on the theoretical background of the research,...Continue Reading »
6. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERSIZED NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD PROCESSING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD, ANAOCH LOCAL GOVERNEMNT...» ABSTRACT This project is aimed at improving along lasting processing and administration system on National Identity card. It is also aimed at keeping ...Continue Reading »
7. Development of a Short Message Service (SMS) Based Server for an Auto Text Response System for First Aid Treatment» ABSTRACT Emergencies resulting from accidents and illness occur all around us in everyday life and knowledge of what action needs to be taken to manag...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The magnitude of operational losses in the supply of electricity in Nigeria has been growing significantly. Issues of theft and illegal conne...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.0 INTRODUCTIONStudent admissions are a vital part of any academic institution running because students are what keep the inst...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is on the impact of human relationships skill on the effectiveness office manager. The total population for the study is 200 staff...Continue Reading »