Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study was aimed at designing a computer software for registration of patient’s in FSDT&T clinic/laboratory. The work was reviewed from text books, journals, website which highlights the process of designing of designing the software using waterfall model method requirement, design, implementation, installation and maintenance. Then sing visual basic 6.0 and MSDN to create the interface, writing the code and set the properties and Microsoft Access for the database.
A computer is a piece of electronic equipment which accepts input of data using pre-defined instructions known as computer programs to execute the task in order to produce output (Anyaogu,2003).
According to Anyaogu, (2003), a computer program is a sequence of logically valid instructions which tells the computer what it is required to do. These programs or instructions are written in computer language. Software can be defined as that ordered sequence of instructions for changing the state of the computer hardware in a particular sequence which is usually written in high-level programming languages that are easier and more efficient for humans to use the machine language (www.wikiepedia.com).
Dental software are written in an assembly language essentially a mnemonic representation of machine language using natural language alphabet and it is classified under application software which allows end users to accomplish one or more specific task, (www.freedictionary.com).
In accordance with 21st century technology treatment plan and upgrading of equipment and record keeping in a particular format with uploading of patient’s medical/dental history as they visit the dental laboratory/ clinic is necessary. There is need to develop a soft record of a particular patient/ client past history accessible whenever he/she visit the laboratory/clinic brings about the development of a computer aided software to store this record instead of the use of papers and cards.
User written software are end-user development tailor-made systems to meet user’s specific needs, example dental patient laboratory/clinic registration software which helps in designing computer based information system ranging from relatively simple data entry to retrieval of jobs requiring long term analysis and planning.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In combating the lost of vital patient dental documents/history in the laboratory/ clinic there is need to designing a computer based software for the registration of dental patients. The loss of these in formations is as a result of the following
· Poor information storage method: The use of office files and file cabinet is not a good form of information storage those days.
· Insecurity of data because it is prone to vandalization and unauthorized accessibility.
· Duplication of data in various departments because of the nature of work needed.
It takes a long time in accessing records in the manual system due to the nature of work in the clinic. It is always good for materials to finish unnoticed.
1.3 AIMS OF THE STUDY.
The aim of this study is to design computer software for the registration of dental patient in federal school of dental technology and therapy clinic/laboratory.
Other aims of the work include the following
a) To work towards the elimination of ineffective modes of operation. It centers on the user having a good atmosphere for work thereby minimizing stress.
b) The objective from the initiator of the proposal is generally towards combating all the problems discovered on the existing system, which are listed under the problem of study.
c) Safeguarding of information through effective monitoring and accessing of the storage data in given filling processing system (data base).
1.4 LIMITATIONS AND DELIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY.
The hindrances that were faced during this project work are lack of finance to carryout the project effectively and efficiently.
Another hindrance was the location and availability of a programmer to design the program. The high cost of a computer system and the functions used in the design the software also posed some hindrances to this project but later it was overcome when a functional computer set was delivered to the programmer.
The academic work load and the time frame for the project work was also another hindrance.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF THE PROBLEMS FACING PRIVATE TELEVISIONS AND GOVERNMENT TELEVISIONS IN THE DISSEMINATION OF INFORMATION IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACTThe problems which face both private and government owner television stations have always been a concern to both public and media experts,This...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.0 IntroductionAn online personnel management system is a web based system that enables organizations to upload information ab...Continue Reading »
3. DEVELOPMENT OF MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM IN THE SERVICE DELIVERY (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In today’s world Development of Management Information System it played a vital role in the service delivery. The area ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research focuses on Manpower Planning and Development as an effective fool for Achieving Original Goals, using star paper Mill Ltd Aba a...Continue Reading »
5. THE INFLUENCE OF SMART PHONES AND SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS» ABSTRACT The study investigated the influence of smart phones and social networking sites on the academic performance of secondary school students in ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE1.0 INTRODUCTION:This chapter gives an overview about the aim, objectives, background and operation environment of the system.1.1 BACKGROUN...Continue Reading »
7. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Comparative analysis is an over view means of examining two or more things to discover the differ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The Design and Implementation of motor vehicle plate system is an academic work which aims in developing a computerized system to maintain al...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTERONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION General Introduction data collection systems. Modern electronic commerce typically uses the World Wide Web for at leas...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The Bank Verification Number (BVN)became imperative following the increasing incidence of compromise on conventional security systems such as...Continue Reading »