Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project work is concerned with the use of the internet in banking operation.The internet in its ever evolving state, is becoming a serious method of business communication and data transfer worldwide. As such banks and other financial institutions are beginning to use the internet as new vehicle for doing business. The internet allows banks to offer both new services and level of convenience for existing services and allowing the consumers and customers to internet from any computer capable of making appropriate connection .The technological development which made most banks and other financial institutions more responsive to changes and imperative to adopt the latest art of technology is for the purpose of maintaining operational efficiency as a means of warding off competitive threat, and also to improve on the security measures, checkmate fraud and error, to increase the speed of transaction and improvement of customer’s convenience by reducing barriers to entry into payment systems and retail banking. The internet allows banks to offer both new services and level of convenience for existing services and allowing the customers to interact from any computer capable of making appropriate connection and also to provide fast services, this reduces the queue in the banking hall and permits on-line time data storage and information retrieval; to build a one- time entry for customer details in the system and provide the use of account ID and password for the customer. At the end of all to generate consistent, accurate, timely and pie liable reports or information for effective control in internet banking and to improve in current automated system that support internet banking service.The methodology for designing this project is the Structured System Analysis and Design method.The programs used to develop this system are PHP, My SQL, CSS and HTML. These packages make the Graphic Interface User friendly enough for even those with little or no computer knowledge.
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
One of the major forces behind the changes happening to business today is technology, which creating new products, service market opportunities and developing more information and system oriented business and management processes. As an information medium, the internet offers different information service that has been developed over the time. The services are e.g. electronic mail, file transfer protocol and the worldwide web (www). The internet has no central owner, but the connected networks are owned and administrated by different universities, companies, authorities and other organizations, in future the customer will be able to buy the goods and services on the internet from all over the world and over the internet with the minimal risk. Recent trends show that most brick and mortar banks are shifting from a product-centric model to a customer-centric model as they develop their new internet banking capabilities. They have, over a long time, being using electronic and telecommunication networks for delivering a wide range of value added products and services. The delivery channels include direct dial up connections, private networks, public networks etc and the devices include telephone, personal computers including the automated teller machines etc. With the popularity of PCs, easy access to internet and worldwide web (www), banks increasingly use internet as a channel for receiving instructions and delivering their products and services to their customers. This form of banking is generally referred to as internet banking, although the range of products and services offered by different banks vary widely both in their content and sophistication.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The advantages offered by these toll calls for a review of an existing automated system and subsequent design and implementation of interactive web-site to improve the existing system.
· In banking industries today, queuing has become the order of the day, customers’ line up for hours waiting to withdraw or deposit money. This creates a lot of problem to both customers as they waste their useful time in the banking hall. The management also wastes their time as they run around to find solution to their problems.
· It is observed that customers cannot withdraw money any time they want as banks has their working hours. This is a big problem as needs can arise at any time and human beings will always like to have those needs solved.
· Money deposited into accounts at times takes some hours to reflect in the persons account balance hence making banking operations slow and unhealthy for business growth.
1.2 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
In a nut shell is to design and implementation of an interactive website for internet banking therefore, the following are the major objective of this work:
1. Provide fast services, this reduces the queue in the banking hall and permits on-line time data storage and information retrieval.
2. Build a one- time entry for customer details in the system and provide the use of account ID and password for the customer.
3. Generate consistent, accurate, timely and pie liable reports or information for effective control in internet banking and to Improve in current automated system that support internet banking service.
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study and subsequent design and implementation of this program will be of immense use to the organization, the administration and the customers in realizing the long south goal of speed, efficiency, effectiveness and convenience the program take care of those factors that militated against the smooth running operation of the organization using the on-line services provided by the web.
Better still scholars who intend to carry out subsequent research could have this as base from where improvement could be made.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. IMPROVING THE CAPACITY OF A RENEWABLE POWER SYSTEM, USING SOLAR POWER PANEL (A CASE STUDY OF COMPUTER SCIENCE ND SOFTWARE LAB)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The use of renewable energy increased greatly just after the first big oil crisis in the late sev...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 228 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
2. Design And Implementation Of A Computer Based Income Tax (A Case Study Of Board Of Internal Revenue Enugu)» AbstractThis project topic is going to be research to know how computer help in income tax appraisal for small business Operations. Like its mode of o...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 269 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Attendance management of students in institution can be rigorous using the conventional method of...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the Study Probably no other advancement since the telephone has changed the way humanity works quite as mu...Continue Reading »
32 pages | 278 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACTThis project is a computerized information management for transcript management which will help to overcome the undesirable problem associated...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 377 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACTComputers are known for their wide range of uses especially in scientific and mathematical fields. However little or no thought has been given...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A study plan is an organized schedule that students create to outline time for study and learning...Continue Reading »
49 pages | 363 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AUTOMATED SYSTEM FOR BORROWING AND RETURNING BOOKS IN THE LIBRARY (USING AMBROSE ALI UNIVERSITY AS THE CASE STUDY)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The use of academic as a means of promoting learning in Nigeria has increased overtime. In this p...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 166 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE ASSIGNMENT SUBMISSION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM CASE STUDY TO OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY» ABSTRACT The paper examines the design and implementation of an online assignment submission system. The challenges faced by students in meeting assig...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 540 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE ASSIGNMENT SUBMISSION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS (UNILAG).» ABSTRACT The paper examines the design and implementation of an online assignment submission system. The challenges faced by students in meeting assig...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 466 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE