Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 82 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Sort Code, Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
Social life in most of our University is diminishing because of some factor. These limitations of social life have affected some of the students not to know how to relate in the outside world. In Caritas University socialism is a problem. In building a social network website for the University will make the University to solve the problem of the anti socialism. A social network is a social structure made up of individuals (or organizations) called "nodes," which are tied (connected) by one or more specific types of interdependency, such as friendship, kinship, common interest, financial exchange, dislike, or relationships of beliefs, knowledge or prestige.
1.2 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Caritas University is made up of four (4) faculties namely:
- Engineering with the following departments: Computer, Mechanical, Chemical and Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Environmental with the following departments: Architecture, Urban & Regional Planning and Estate Management.
- Management and Social Sciences with the following departments: Accountancy, Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration, Political Science, Industrial Relation and Personnel Management, Mass Communication, Marketing, Banking and Finance.
- Natural Sciences with the following departments: Biochemistry, Computer Science & Information Technology, Industrial Chemistry, Mathematics & Statistics and Microbiology & Biotechnology.
In Universities like Caritas, the need for automated method of keeping data has been there. Software, so many of them has been developed and even sold worldwide to solve this problem. I have analyzed these software and discovered that very many of them are inefficient. Students as well has researched and developed their own software but they could not give or develop error free software that will assist in result generation, automated course registration to keep or build a database of results in the University that will facilitate students’ transcripts.
This problem has been delaying or delayed the results of graduating or graduated students that has made some of them not to go for youth service when they ought to or ought to have gone and has even made some not to have gone at all. To bridge this gap or solve this problem, there is a need to develop software that is accurate, error free as the problem has imposed so much stress on both exams and record and the management in Universities.
1.3. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main objectives of the study are Caritas Social Network while the subsidiary objectives are:
- To Effectively and efficiently communication of staff and student online
- To Reduce pressure on seminars by introducing online seminar
- To Enhance the University document management
- To Reduce queue in seeing of lecturers and head of departments
- To Reduce anti Socialism
- To Creation of educative groups online to enhance learning
- To Forming reading partners online
- To Making new friends online
- To Boasting the image of the school
1.4. SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study is centered on designing and automated and web-based application for student online communication and reduction of anti socialism. The system is strictly based on students, management and lecturers communication and online seminars and suggestion and specially for making of friends.
1.5. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Viewing critically the inefficiencies in the social life of student relationship presently in Caritas University, Amorji Nike Enugu, the need to develop and implement online social network website that will handle such inefficiencies cannot be over emphasized.
1.6. LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
Constraints of time and resources are the factors, which prevented the implementation of this system hosted online.
1.7 DEFINITION OFTERMS/VARIABLES
Computerized: Convert to computer – based system to install or start using a computer system to organize, control, or automate something.
Processing: To deal with somebody or something according to an established procedure
Communication: Interaction between two or more person or sending of message from one place to another
Online: Connected via computer attached to or available via a central computer or computer network.
System: Set of computer components i.e. in assembly of computer Hardware, Software and peripherals functioning together.
Automation: The replacement of human workers by technology; A system in which a workplace or process has been converted to one that replaced or ministries human labour with electronic or mechanical equipment.
Web: A complex structure, or design www: computer-based network of information resources that combines text and multimedia. The information on the www can be accessing and search through the internet, a global computer network.
Database: Any collection of data organized for storage in a computer memory and designed for easy access by authorized users.
Database Update: This simply means applying and maintaining changes on a database after data must have been added, removed or modified
System Administrator: This is a person responsible for maintaining and operating a computer system.
PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor (the name is a recursive acronym) is a widely used, general-purpose scripting language that was originally designed for web development to produce dynamic web pages.: Hypertext Preprocessor is the code used to link the database to the interface of the website, it is a server code.
Apache: It is the server used for designing php, python pages.
SQL: Structured query language, it is a code used to query or insert records in a database.
MySQL is a relational database management system (RDBMS) that runs as a server providing multi-user access to a number of databases.
CSS: Cascading Style Sheet is a programming language used in the graphics and fine tuning of the website
SwishMax: It is animation software used in doing all the animations in the website.
Macromedia Dreamweaver: It is the software used in organizing the website.
Macromedia Fireworks: It is the software used to create or the graphics and images in the website.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The success of sustainable urban transportation is based on selecting the optimal design and serv...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDYComputer security is information security as applied to computers and networks. The field covers all...Continue Reading »
3. THE INFLUENCE OF SMART PHONES AND SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS» ABSTRACT The study investigated the influence of smart phones and social networking sites on the academic performance of secondary school students in ...Continue Reading »
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF IMPORTATION TRACKING PROCESSING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA PORTS AUTHORITY, NPA, LAGOS)» ABSTRACT This project attempts to systematically analyze the operations, rate of goods to duties payable and the transport of cargo in the freight ind...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A SMART DEVICE THAT COUNTS THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE INSIDE A CONFERENCE HALL; AND PREVENTS PEOPLE FROM ENTERING ONCE THE ROOM...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The industrial batch counter is an electronic and electrical device that handles the counting and controls the flow of indivi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis study was carried out to appraise the role of design and implementation of users application software for estate management or real estat...Continue Reading »
7. The Challenges Of Cost Benefit Analysis, In A Computerized Accounting System (a Case Studyof Coca-cola Bottling Company Enugu)» This research is on the challenges of cost benefit analysis in a computerized Accounting System. The purpose of this study is to inquire into the viab...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT A visa is most commonly a sticker endorsed in the applicant's passport or other travel document. The visa, when required, was historically gr...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEBACK GROUND OF STUDY1.1 INTRODUCTIONThe trend shows that more Nigerians do financial transactions electronically via banks ATMs, internet b...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The problem which always emanate from inadequate personnel information maintenance and management has been a torn in the flesh of the entire ...Continue Reading »