Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 45 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Sort Code, Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
On-line activities have in recent past replaced virtually every form of transactions. This is because of the advent of the internet, which provides a global network connection for all such activities. With this technology, many institutions have their tentacles spread across the glob. In line with this trend, job search activities and job providers need to join the band wagon of the global community in shearing their information across the internet. The Project work is based on this notion.
A web portal, also known as a links page, presents information from diverse sources in a unified way. Apart from the standard search engine feature, web portals offer other services such as e-mail, news, stock prices, information, databases and entertainment. Portals provide a way for enterprises to provide a consistent look and feel with access control and procedures for multiple applications and databases, which otherwise would have been different entities altogether.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Individual websites need to be created so that clients can access their desired information directly.
The use of metadata and ontologies will enable to model the company organization and to relate these concept to the information.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The practical objective of this work is to design and implement an online recruitment portal. One of the most important objectives of this project is to contribute to academic research work while the subsidiary objectives include;
- to help employers to post their job offers online and search their database to find people who best suit their vacant job positions.
- providing the possibility for job seekers to build their curriculum vitae (CVs) online, look for new job opportunities in industries and organizations, get e-mail notifications of interesting job vacancies and apply directly through the website.
- to help organizations attract, test, recruit, employ and retain quality staff with minimal amount of administration.
- to reduce or totally remove IM that goes amongst the recruitment agents or personnel managers.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
If this prototype is fully developed will be very useful in many areas such as:
- It will ease the work of the personnel department of the any organization.
- It will create more employment opportunities for our youths.
- The government can also review and deploy it to other sectors.
- Private individuals can also find it interesting
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This project will go as far as deploying web technologies in the implementation.
Dreamweaver will be use as the major development tool. Database connection using MySQL will extensively be covered in this work.
Studies were carried out in the various institutions that conduct interviews and recruitments. The scheme used is closed tag to the information collected at the point of this research. All forms and database designed followed the pattern of the manual means by the employers of labour.
This project was deployed using a local sever, which runs on a stand alone Pc and not deployable to the internet.
1.6 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The study was limited by several factors, of which some posed serious constraints towards the development of the project. One of the major drawbacks was due to financial incapacitation. This is among other frustrations such as program failures during modular construction stages.
In ability to procure personal internet access for uploading made it difficult for the deployment at testing stag.
Again was the distance and availability of research materials. It was absolutely difficult to source most of the important information needed for this work. For instance, collection of information that helped me to develop the forms and database was another serous issue.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS / VARIABLES
RECRUITMENT: This refers to the process of attracting, screening and selecting qualified people for a job at an organization or firm.
WEB: This refers to a vehicle for accessing and sharing of information.
SERVER: A computer or program managing access to a resource or service in a network.
PORTAL: A web application that is designed to represent a ton of information in a concise and centered way thereby making the internet easier to use eg. Yahoo.com, Netscape.com, etc.
ONTOLOGY: Ontology in computer science and information technology is a formal representation of the knowledge by a set of concepts within a domain and the relationship between those concepts.
METADATA: This is loosely defined as data about data. It is a concept that applies mainly to electronically archived data and is used to describe the definition, structure and administration of data file with all contents in context to ease the use of the captured and archived data for further use.
SQL: Structured Query Language is a database computer language designed for managing data in relational database management system (RDBMS) and originally based upon relational algebra. It scope include data query and update, schema creation and modification, and data access control.
DATABASE: This is designed to offer an organized mechanism for storing, managing and retrieving information.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACTComputers are known for their wide range of uses especially in scientific and mathematical fields. However little or no thought has been given...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Nowadays organizations are now very concerned in generating ideas and strategies that will facili...Continue Reading »
3. System to classify both acute inflammation of the bladder and acute inflammation of the kidneys using Support Vector Machine» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The urinary bladder is a hollow muscular organ in many animals, which collects and stores uri...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTERONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 General Introduction An E commerce is the trading in products or services using computer networks, such as the Int...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED QUALITY CONTROL SYSTEM FOR A MANUFACTURING ORGANISATION (A CASE STUDY OF S.E.D.I ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION A quality control system in production management is a qualitative technique with strong financial implication having dir...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE – INTRODUCTION A system, with numerous definitions can be literally seen in a computer way as a collection of the hardware and software ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY An Office was described as a place where all the official or paper work are done or performed. Bu...Continue Reading »
» AbstractRegistration for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, UTME, is organised by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB, for ...Continue Reading »
9. ANALYSIS OF SINGLE AND MULTI-TELLER MODELS OR USING SIMULATION FOR REDUCING WAITING TIME: A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK AND ECO BANK, NIG. LTD» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION This chapter discusses the introductory part of the thesis. It includes the background of the study, research motivat...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study In years back, online movie rental systems kind of services was done in physical exchange between...Continue Reading »