Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
With an E-ticketing its time saving and its ticketless way to travel, the aim of the project work is to implement a system that will end the use of the manual method of issuing out tickets to passengers. The system will influence the lives of millions of people around the globe, who uses public transport. And it will also help other transport companies.
Electronic vehicle ticketing system would end the use of the hefty 1.5kg ticket racks carried by conductors. It would also end the practice of tearing out tickets and marking fare stages.
The conductor would just have to key in the details about the fare stage and the ticket machine would print out the ticket. The machine weighs only 8oograms and is convenient to carry. The parameters are almost like that of a railway ticket, the only difference being that the machine is portable. The machine can print out 2,300 tickets including the journey report in order to facilitate inspection by the corporation's checking inspectors and the Federal Road safety Corp (FRSC). The ticket machines would help prevent loss on account of malpractice. It would also help in providing adequate data to the corporation particular with regard to boarding of passengers from fare stages and important points. This would help the boarding of passengers from fare stages and important points. This would help the corporation prepare and organize its schedules more efficiently on the basis of traffic demand. Besides, it would provide data on concessions given to various sections. Another
Additional feature is that the data in the ticket machine could be fed into computer.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The research work is carried out to ascertain the related challenges facing the auto-mobile transport system and management of information using the manual system of information recording and retrieval. The success of the E-ticketing in this modern or technology age therefore depends on the effective management information system. Hence much attention today is paid to computerization of passengers' records vehicles and as well as the route in every trip.
The highlights of problems on the normal manual ticket are:
1. Lack of security of data
2. More man power
3. Time consuming
4. Loss of control of information by routine workers
l. 2 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
1. Verification and elimination of large paper work.
2. To encourage technological advancement in the transport sector.
3. Ease: E-ticket can be purchased online and printed at home.
4. A security system for the records gathering about passengers in case of accidents involving dead of passengers.
1.3 SCOPE/DELIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The work covers everything that has to do with E-ticketing and management information system pertain to this case study.
1.4 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY:
The limitations are:
1. Lack of in-depth information from the staff of Akwa Ibom transport Corporation (AKTC).
2. No I.T (Information Technology) personnel to help drive vision
3. Time constraints
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY:
The significance of the study is as follows:
1. The study would help to serve as a source of reference to all transport companies
2. The study would help the Akwa lbom State transport corporation to understand the importance of E-ticketing management information system for public buses.
3. An E-ticketing system will help to increase in service effectiveness.
4. The study will help to flexibly structure your support or help desk environment, communication between customers and services staff will become more transparent.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
E-TICKETING: The use of computer or electronic means to process manages and issue travelling tickets to passengers
PROCESSING: To deal with somebody or something according to an established procedure.
SYSTEM: A set of computer components i.e. in assembly of computer Hardware, Software and peripherals functioning together.
COMPUTERIZED: Convert to computer-base system to install or use a computer system to organize control, or automate something.
AUTOMATION: The replacement workers by technology; A system in which a workplace or process has been converted to one that replaces or ministers human labor with electronic or mechanical equipment.
COMPUTER: This is an electronic machine that accepts data as input processes the data stores and give the result as output.
COMPUTERIZATION: This is a programme format for solving computer related problems for future uses of references.
WEB: A complex structure, or designed computer-based network of information resources that combines text and multimedia. The information on the World Wide Web (www) can be accessing and search through the internet, being a global computer network.
DATA: Information in a form that is suitable for storage in or processing by a computer.
DATABASE: A collection of data that is organized for storage in computer.
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR: This is a person responsible for maintaining and operating a computer system.
PASSWORD: This is a secret code that a user must type into a computer to enable him access
to the system or the student portal. lt is made up of numbers, letters, special characters or a combination of the above categories.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDYOnline hotel reservation is a kind of user assistance where customers can book and reserve for hotel ser...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.0 IntroductionHuman resources database management system is an electronic record management system that can aid human resourc...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Man in search of comfort struggle to meet up with good career and for this to be achieved, it has to be started as early as p...Continue Reading »
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF CRIMINAL RECORD MANAGEMENT SYSTEM USING AREA COMMAND, IKOT EKPENE AS A CASE STUDY» Abstract This research work was on Design and implementation of criminal record management system Using area command, Ikot Ekpene as a case study. Thi...Continue Reading »
5. Design And Implementation Of E-learning Platforms For An Introduction To C++ Programming Language (a Case Study Of The Department Of Computer Science)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background of the studyLearning is one of the very vital human activities that require concentration blended with interactivi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The increasing demand for education in Nigeria especially tertiary education has been an issue in...Continue Reading »
7. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE PORTAL REGISTRATION: A CASE STUDY NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY, DAMATURU STUDY CENTRE 2014» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY 1.1 INTRODUCTION The term portal is known as links page which presents information from diverse sources in a unifi...Continue Reading »
8. Effects Of Standard Costing On The Profitability Of Manufacturing Companies (a Case Study Of Nigerian Breweries Plc,ama, Udi Local Government Of Enugu...» The topic of this research is effects of standard costing on the profitability of a manufacturing company. The purpose of this study was to discover i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDYThe world is becoming a smaller place in which to live and work. A technological revolution in comm...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COMPUTERIZED MEDICAL DUTIES SCHEDULING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO TEACHING HOSPITAL)» ABSTRACT There is always the need to introduce more changes or modification in Hospital curricula particularly in the area of their duties scheduling ...Continue Reading »